THR On My Feet Again

I know what you mean, me too! We have a small home business that keeps me busy 40% of the time but the rest is on here, computer solitaire and of course, NAPPING!!! But I can't wait to go out and start getting some veggies and flowers in the ground. The hip is telling me "no" so it might be another month or two for that!!! @Carriemay60
 
Happy Easter and glad you are listening to that hip.
Here's some flowers for being a patient patient.:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
All temporary and worth it in the end, as you know.
:yes:
 
Hi :hi: @SE Florida
I see you visiting and supporting many on the forum. So sweet!
You're going to be two months post op on Sunday I see.
How are you doing? Tell us something good :yes:
Hope your weekend is wonderful!
 
Last edited:
Ha, for some reason I thought it was yesterday!!! I was figuring Thursday to Thursday, duh! Great I can still celebrate on Sunday! :yahoo: I did think of something I was going to post earlier today but *poof* it already left my mind :what:! And yes, still lurking around on here. It's a habit now but a good one! Have a great weekend @Layla ! :loveshwr:
 
Argh. I'm 8 weeks out now and here I sit elevated and icing. Sure don't remember doing anything but all of a sudden there's pain on the side of my hip. A good reminder about this marathon journey we're on, I need to stop the sprint where I do too much during the day. I am so glad I have some place to whine (thank you fellow hipsters) so I don't worry my husband! :ice:
 
Snow?!!! I'm really sorry to hear that it's still that cold there! You need a good run of nice, warm spring weather for recovery purposes! That should be doctor's orders for crying out loud! I hope you're still going out for your manicure although you might need to ice after that......you've really been doing so well with your walking. Sigh. I guess we just have to expect days like this. :boohoo:Stinks. :skep: @Carriemay60 I almost forgot your hug! :console2:
 
Last edited:
Indeed recovery is a bit of a roller coaster. Just hold on tight and ride with it!
[Bonesmart.org] On My Feet Again
 
Happy Saturday @SE Florida
Sadly it doesn't seem like it takes much to sideline us for a day in the early weeks. The important thing is you recognize it and scale back, just as your doing. It seems as time marches on those instances become fewer and far between. But you already realize that since this isn't your first rodeo.
Wishing you comfort today. :friends:
 
I like the coaster emoji @Jaycey and it sure describes it! I never did like roller coasters and I'm really not liking this one either, lol. Guess I need to go put on my big girl pants! :snork:
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
Hope you have a lovely Sunday and do something special to celebrate your 2 month anniversary.
Thanks for your continued support here. You're awesome.
@SE Florida
 
Awww, thank you @Layla! I made it through our warehouse grocery store this morning but icing now. All is good! Thanks for looking out for all of us, you're the awesome one! :loveshwr:
 
Happy 2 month anniversary. I’m not far behind you and I still am icing and occasionally feeling blue. You’re in good company! I try not to look at all that has piled up while Ive been a bystander. Don’t feel like you have to always come up with something positive. I think it’s harder to measure progress as we go along. Easy to feel stagnant. Just saying hello and I get it. :friends:
 
That's so nice of you @Fit4Family, thank you. I've been reading some of your posts.......so hard to keep up with everyone! I had gait issues as well and my lowest point was trying to get rid of the stupid walker and use the cane. It seemed like it took forever and when I finally got rid of the cane, I couldn't even walk a straight line! I figured I'd get "pulled over" for walking under the influence! I was well into my 6th week. I guess for me, it's easier looking for ways to help others stay positive so I won't think about myself! But then out of the blue, I realize I need to whine & cry every once in awhile too. :beg:I honestly don't where I'd go without this forum........my husband would probably start wearing ear plugs, lol! It was nice of you to post. Keep the faith, we're all really doing much better than we think at this early stage!
 
Exactly on my husband needing ear plugs. I am very grateful for your support. Good to know that I’m not the only one who walks like I’m under the influence, we may both be locked up for our wayward gait. Straight line! :) lol
 
Hope all is well with you my friend...going to stick your own recovery chart here so you can see which squiggle you reckon you are at.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom