Guest viewing is limited

THR On My Feet Again

@SE Florida Yes, those do sound too snug. You don't want anything that is leaving a mark on your skin/scar. I was clearing clothes before surgery as well and purposely hung onto to a couple pair of jeans and capris from before I lost some weight. In your climate you could also think about a pair of shorts or two a size bigger. I don't think mine would work with a front incision either; pretty sure they would bind across the incision and be very uncomfortable.
 
I have found that my hubbies boxers are really comfortable. I can't stand the feeling of knicker elastic across the scar... As for firm massage, it is a little uncomfortable but certainly not painful... or maybe I am in so much pain already that I am not noticing a little bit more.
 
I had the same issue...I did find that high cut briefs in one size up -so more stretch in putting on - helpful.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] On My Feet Again
    1728552_Rose_Beige.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 114
Happy Saturday @SE Florida
I see you out there spreading cheer. :)
I hope all is well with you as your recovery continues.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
 
I've actually been doing well @SarahBee and @Layla so I don't want to jinx anything at the moment! Sure wish I could spread a little miracle fairy dust around to some of the other hipsters that are still experiencing recovery pain though! I consider myself fortunate that I've had few problems; OS appt is Tuesday and hopefully the final one! :happydance:
 
Best of luck on Tuesday!
We'll be thinking of you.
Leave an update afterward, if you care to share.
I'm sure it will all be good and we never tire of reading good stuff! :happydance:
@SE Florida
 
Hello surgical sister, @SE Florida. I’m headed back to OS on Tuesday as well. Mine is for advice about pain/tightness with walking before going back to work. Hopefully, all will be well for you, for both of us! I think I just need some reassurance. :friends:Keep us posted! :)
 
Hi hipster sister @Hip4life! Good to hear from you! It sounds like a good idea to check with your OS on that before you get back to work. Are you in a lot of pain? I still have to use ice when I've overdone it for the day, and it happens unfortunately! I hope your appt goes well and you get some reassurance. We'll have to stay in touch and compare notes tomorrow! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi, there hipster sister @SE Florida. That makes me smile. I hope all went well. It did for me. Now I really need to face reality: work. I’ll post more detail in my recovery thread. Hope to hear from you soon.:wave:
 
Absolutely! @SE Florida. And I am also doing the happy dance for you and anyone else arriving at this juncture of their journey. There is still some uncertainty but I feel like a big weight has also been lifted as I become more mindful of and grateful for all the good things that I am able and will be able to do again. :egypdance::prayer:
 
Great news on your appointment! Happy dance :happydance:
It's nice to be released from care unless a problem crops up.
May your new hips serve you for many years to come.
Have a peaceful evening! :)
@SE Florida
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom