Bilateral TKR Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning my way,
Great job on the stairs :egypdance: my confidence problem is walking in the open. I can do my yard,
Supermarket, but walking down the street is freaking me out. I feel I have nothing to grab onto. My p.t
Told me yesterday I can use my cane till I gain confidence. I thought once I was off it i couldn't go back
To using it.
But, I will try we just had a new track & field put in at the high school, I may go up with my cane & hubby over the
Weekend :SUNsmile:
I told my p.t it felt really weird walking without a limp ( I limped for about 4 yrs.) I feel like I am taller &
Looking down from a different height, I have to get used to that. :dancy:
Good luck at p.t today

I can't wait to hear all about it....( I hope the words " frying pans") is not mentioned once :rotfl:
Talk soon,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hey there new knee in June Things are looking up for us! I just got back from the PT and she doesn't want to see me for two more weeks! :yay:
She was very pleased with my progress and could tell I was working hard! :rotfl: I follow the mantra to the letter. My Rom has increased to 108/0 and 110/0 and all this with no swelling or pain. I just keep stretching and increasing my activity a little more each day. I'm still working on the limping.:groan:Himself has to keep reminding me that I no longer need to walk like a penguin. It's so hard to break that habit after 2 years but it will come. I use my cane when I go out as it helps with my gait. It also gives me something to lean on if I get tired. Standing is worse than walking and friends always want to stop and chat.:groan:
I had a nice stand up shower last night as the legs seem to be getting stronger and my confidence is getting better every day. Another milestone today...I can put each leg on top of the other to put my socks on in a normal fashion. :happydance:
I wouldn't want to keep them in that position for too long though!
The sleep issue is still the same toss and turn, turn and toss. I think this is when I do my best therapy! :snork: So much stretching, bending and fighting with pillows and sheets.
My scars are still somewhat tender but they are not as tight. PT massaged them and said all is well and the soreness should soon lessen.
The sun is out and it's not to hot so, I'm off to the lounge chair for some more intense PT. :whistle:
Wanda
 
Dear my way,
:goodpost: your rom is fantastic, every day you are hitting multiple milestones :dancy:
Hopefully next up for you will be some :sleep: off to do my morning exercises & ice &elevate.
Have a wonderful week end :SUNsmile:
Diana :friends:
 
MyWay
you are doing great! One month and you have made milestones! I am working on the sleep issue as welll at two months into my BTKR. Wake up at 2 am and have to get up. Still have pain at night.... during the day not so much any more. Keep up the good work! The journey is hard but oh so worth it!:flwrysmile:
 
Great job, My Way! Tremendous progress for 4.5 weeks! I am with you in many regards (RTKR Jul 2nd) and can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and its not a freight train!
 
Good morning my way,
I hope you are feeling good today :) well, I am having my first outing in the real world today. A friend
Of my sons just passed the test to become a fire fighter :happydance: we have know him & his family
Since our kids played t-ball together ( 19 years ) they live just down the street &i can go home to ice &
Elevate if need be.
I was going to post to Tashia if she has heard from Toni, but I didn't. I hope she is alright.
It's so strange, I feel like if my "bone smartie" friends aren't doing well, I can actually feel their pain :sad:
I have thought to take a break, but feel I have to encourage the folks having a rough time :SUNsmile:
Have a relaxing day,
Thinking of you always,
Diana :friends:
 
Hi new knee in June I just checked on Toni's thread as well hoping to see how things were. I also popped in on Puffin :sigh: no news there either.
I hope your first outing goes well! I'm a while away from trying that yet. Both knees are very stiff today. I did a few too many things yesterday but, something popped up in the afternoon and I had no choice but go out again. :doh:
My left knee gave me another reality check yesterday. After running the two unexpected and unwanted errands i was tired and cranky. Instead of sitting and taking off my sneakers I slipped them off standing. Right one fine but when I gave the left foot a little flick to kick off the shoe .....:yikes: :shocked: :headbang: I just wasn't thinking! I can still feel it today but it's improving with rest and just walking around the house.
My brother said, "When you start doing things without thinking about what your're doing you are getting better" I know he's right but I sure don't feel like it right now! I hope it's just a :bicycle2:
Wanda
 
Oh, my way,
I have to agree with your brother, but I'm sure you don't see it that way :hissy: :gaah:
Are you alright, I hope you just have to rest & you will be fine :ok:
I have to say Toni & puffin are starting to concern me....I hope they are o.k.
I can under stand them wanting to take a break.
I hope you get to relax tomorrow & no running out to do errands :mcoffee:
Thinking of you always,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Dear my way,
I'm bringing the muscular warriors back :yahoo: I just bought them 8 first-class tickets to joe in
Ireland. To protect his property.
Hope you are doing well,
Let the "good times"roll....... :happydance:
Diana "June sunbeams" :SUNsmile: partying on !!!!!!!
 
Hi new knee in June I'm fine, I don't know what's come over me! I'm sleeping!!!!! :shocked:and sleeping. I went to bed at 8 last night and read, intending to get up again as per usual around 9 or so. Himself came in to check on me at 12 and I was asleep with my glasses on. I turned over and slept till 3 am. I figured that was it. I stayed up for 1/2 an hour and then slept till 8! I've had two long naps today! :yikes: I hope I'm not coming down with something.
The pain from my absent minded foot flick seems to be getting better but I'm a little stiffer today in both knees. I should mention It's been raining very heavily here all day and it's somewhat cool so that may be the cause.
How are things with you?
I'm also thinking of puffin and Titianlady :sigh:
Wanda
 
Good morning my way,
I certainly hope you are not coming down with an illness :sorry: I am wishing you are only getting
Some much needed :sleep: I actually look forward to sleeping now, I do wake up from stiffness
But, fall right back to sleep :yahoo:
Last night I forgot Tylenol p.m & still fell asleep.
I am looking forward to my last 3 op therapy. I hope they don't want to add another week.
I think the weather has a lot to do with :gaah: the weather hear has been great ( no humidity ) 70's in the
Day....50's at night.
Have a great day :SUNsmile:
Thinking of you,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Sleep is a great thing...I hope you are not ill, but, rather, just getting back to your normal sleep cycle!
 
Good morning 50yrold and new knee in June I finally got up at 7 am bright eyed and bushy tailed so I guess I'm not sick! Wow! I hope this isn't my normal sleep pattern. :yikes: It's a beautiful sunny day and not too hot so the mind wants to go,go, go but, alas, the flesh is weak. See what happens when you finally get enough rest. Both knees are very stiff this morning due to too much inactivity yesterday. My poor abused left knee is still not where it was before the flick but it seems to be improving slowly. It feels like it's a little "spongy". I assume it's swelling and with a bit more rest it will subside. inspojo told me he was 3 weeks after he had a mishap! Please let this heal sooner.:beg:Ah well, so be it, I'll just putter around the house and then work on my one sided tan. :)
Have a great day one and all
Wanda
 
Dear my way,
I broke a mantra at therapy yesterday :doh: I had a new therapists who had my leg in a different position
Pushing back for rom......at the time I said stop :tantrum: I'm a bit sore, I don't blame her. I blame the
1step forward, 2steps back thing.
I just finished stretching & will be icing. Funny, when it's hot out I love icing :spin: when it's chilly not so much.
I get under my "Sherpa" comforter ( man made sheep skin) every time I use it, I fall :sleep:
Here's to your 1sided tan :rotfl:
I'm headed out for my 1st walk on my street today :scare: I think I'll bring my cane.
I hope your knees behave today....
Diana :friends:
 
Good morning my way,
I hope you are feeling good today :) how did you :sleep: last night ? Tashia spoke with Toni, she
Has a os app. Today. I know it takes 2 hrs. To get to her doc. So this could take all day. After I talk with you
I'll bump Toni's thread to the top. 3of my kids work in a super market that got robbed by a masked man with a gun
Yesterday :shocked:
My youngest daughter had to hit the floor when he ran by at the front end. An older woman with knee problems
Couldn't get up after :yikes:
He got away with $ 6,000 dollars........
They are all working again today, I'm more nervous than they are.....
Take care,
Diana .....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ...praying for Toni
 
Hi Wanda
Glad that your ROM is progressing well. I am having some similar problems to you at them moment with trouble walking properly and the "spongey" swollen knee when I do too much walking or sitting. The PT wants me to walk with the walker only to improve my gait rather than trying to do without anything and walk lopsided with poor gait. One of the big problems is that the knee tends to swell on one side of the scar only which is more painful as it pulls on the scar.

I an due to start water therapy next week when the poor reopens - I am looking forward to stretching being easier in the warm water

Hope you are having a great weekend
 
Hi, Wow new knee in June I can't imagine how scary that must have been! Kids do seem to get over things more quickly than us old folks. :whistle: You're doing great! walking all over the place and going to cookouts. Good for you.
And look at puffin! Shopping, appointments, and soon swimming. I do hope you get to the wedding. I showed my "spongy" knee to my GP, he said it was fine and it has almost disappeared now. I guess it's just one of those things and the "flick" didn't help! Thankfully it's all okay now. No more pain when I weight bear and it seems to be more stable.
Sleeping is better and I no longer take as many painkillers.:egypdance: My legs are getting stronger and I have more stamina. On the down side I'm still having problems with my IT band. It's very difficult to get it to relax.I know it's not helping my gait and my gait ain't helping my IT band. :gaah:
I use my walker in the house to keep me on an even keel.
All in all I'd say we're getting there however long it takes.:)
Wanda
 
Hey, My Way...ask your PT or doc about a foam roaller. I discovered it at PT on Friday, and it was great for my IT band tightness. It took just 3 minutes to do, and you wouldn't believe the results. It does hurt to roll it, though.
 
Hi 50yrold Sitting here now with heat on the IT band waiting for Himself to use the rolling pin on it. This was an ongoing problem for 18 months prior to surgery and I'd hoped to see the end of it with my new knees. In the past we've done acupuncture,heat, stretching, deep pressure massage, rolling pin and finally taping. I haven't used the foam rolling but will give it a try. I guess the change in gait after surgery has made it rear it's ugly head once more.
Thanks
wanda
 
Dear my way,
I am so happy your little "flick is feeling better :) you are doing great & :sleep: isn't it heaven ? Your
Legs are feeling stronger, wonderful update :happydance: is himself getting the rolling pin ready :scary:
The foam one 50 told you about sounds much nicer :ok:
I just told Toni to go to the hospital...she is really in pain....makes me so :sad:
She is really having a tough time & it's just not fair.
Have a nice weekend with himself,
Diana.. :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom