Bilateral TKR Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning my way,
That heat is :hissy: we had it for 3 weeks, I couldn't even go out in the yard. I have ac in the
Front room, but not the bedroom. Guess where I slept? :) it is now 62 degrees & raining ( ah, heaven )
I was thinking the other day, about how good I will be to shovel the snow this year :dancy: &rake the leaves
In the fall :happydance:
Please don't think I'm crazy.....but I love doing both !!!!!
I had some time yesterday & re-read our party thread & Jose's thread......I still laughed out loud :rotfl:
We really took our minds off our up-coming surgeries :martini:
Today I ice & relax,
Take care,
Diana :friends:
 
Dear My Way
I'm going in for bilateral knees in 3 days and am a bit if a weepy mess. Reading over your posts has been just the encouragement I need! And a few giggles too! Hello from Canada!
 
Jesse for the Fight I have been reading your thread and keeping up to see how things were going. You really are a fighter with a great attitude! For the first week this is no walk in the park but it does get better each day. I see you are going to rehab and by the time you get home you will be surprised at how much you can do.
Take it slow and easy, one day at a time. I have days when I don't feel as good as the day before and then the next day things are looking up again.
I'll keep following you and give any encouragement I can
Wanda
 
Good morning my way,
How are you today? I was wondering if you could help me with a question? I am doing well during
The day....icing, elevating, gentle exercises. At night I seem to get leg cramps :gaah: it wakes me &
Prevents me from staying asleep. I have tried drinking a lot of water & having a banana ( potassium)
I can't have a blanket or sheet on my knee, ( feels weird) I think it has to do with nerves connecting.
I think I will start calling you dr.wanda :rotfl:
Thinking of you,
Have a relaxing weekend :SUNsmile:
Diana :friends:
 
Ha Ha Ha! funny new knee in June Dr. Wanda. I wish. Whats really funny is I was just saying to Himself I feel like I'm going to have a Charlie Horse in my calf. I'm going to try some good old A535 or some thing similar before I walk to see if it will help me get a little looser.
I'm feeling good today!:SUNsmile: Yesterday was not so good. I sat in the lounge on the deck with my feet up for most of the day. It cooled down a little overnight so sleeping or the usual toss and turn ,nap, get up thing was easier.:rotfl: I have hardly pain in my knees this morning. The most discomfort I have is from trying to get the legs loosened up and the :whistle: IT band is rearing it's ugly head again. I'm going to let Himself try the rolling pin :yikes: to see if I can't nip that in the bud.
It's too hot and sticky again today to walk outside so I have the perfect excuse to go to the air conditioned supermarket I can do my stroll there and socialize a little. Then it's back to the deck.
Wanda
 
Hi My way
Hope that you are doing OK. Even here in Sweden we have been having hot and sticky weather the past few days up to 30C so I am very glad for the portable aircon I bought in the sales a few years ago.

I also get strange nerves pains in the night - in particular if the areas around my kneecap is swollen or in my shin - I tend to sleep with ice on my knee if it gets bad. I also get muscle twitches if I have tried new/extra exercises on muscles that were not worked so much prior to surgery.

I have ordered som silicone gel cream for my scar but it hasn't come yet so I have been using some silicone scar strips that I bought from Amazon - they seem to be making it softer but they don't always stick well over the bumpy bit where my scar is swollen and the hematoma is and tend to fall off if I walk about so tend to use them when elevating and icing

Hope you have a good weekend
:friends:
 
Dear my way,
Happy 4 wk. anniversary :) how are you feeling ? Good I hope. I popped over to Jessie's thread to
Wish her good luck for today.....she certainly is a fighter :bow: still waiting to hear from Toni....
I'll give her a bit of time to rest...puffin is out & about :egypdance:
I hope your heat has moved on....so uncomfortable :scary:
I'm thinking of you always :friends:
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Hi new knee in June Thanks for the anniversary wishes. It's hard to believe 4 weeks have gone by. Life is slowly getting back to normal (somewhat) :) but, I now realize just how long this recovery will be. I was busy this morning running a few errands and I thought I may have run one too many. I was very stiff this afternoon but, I think I just managed to stay out of the ODIC. Tomorrow morning will tell the tale! :whistle:
I did try the bike again today and I could get 3/4 the way around! I didn't stay on very long but it gave me a little boost.:SUNsmile:
I think an early night with the Kobo is in order. I'm going to make Himself happy and ask him to get the rolling pin as the demon IT Band is jealous of the knees and wants some attention. Himself says the rolling pin therapy is the only time he gets revenge for all the suffering I've put him through. :snork:
:yawn: Wanda
 
Good morning my way,
I am getting ready to do my at home exercises & then ice :) I couldn't wrap my baby knee last night :sorry:
& she kept me up ...seems when I stretch her i get cramps. So tonight she will be swaddled :whistle:
I am going to leave Toni a message....tell himself not to get to happy with the rolling pin, I wouldn't
Want to see it upside his head :rotfl:
Have a great day :SUNsmile:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
My way
I know exactly what you mean about risking overdoing it - I think I might have done the same myself today. Maybe you will have to join me in the ODIC resting, icing and elevating

Hope your IT band is improving

Take care
:puppysmooze:
 
Hi Wanda -
It's so interesting how differently people heal. After the first few days (I'm at close to two weeks post BTKR) I've had no problems lifting my legs or straightening (I've been at 0 quite a while). My problem is ROM - especially my left knee. Hurts terribly, but making small progress daily. In addition to PT, I'm sitting with knees bent as much as possible for as long as I can. Ouch! I guess all we can hope for is continuous progress.

I'm envious that you are so close to the beach! Water is so calming and that's got to be very helpful for you!

I love icing - which is strange because prior to surgery I hated it. Does seem to help with swelling. Maybe now that your staples are out it will feel better.
 
Hi All, well I made it to the 4 week mark without going stir crazy! Things are going fairly well, I think. My incisions are healed and all scabs are gone but they are tender to the touch. I'm starting to sleep for longer periods and getting out of a low chair is not the production it was a week ago. :SUNsmile: The most pain I have is in my thighs just above my incisions. It feels like sore bruises. The pain level is low for the most part but, today I am a little more stiff and there is more pain than yesterday. The left knee seems somewhat tighter and I've had to increase my meds. Still no visible swelling! puffin Last night I thought I had narrowly escaped the ODIC. NO!! so I'm joining you today. :headbang:
new knee in June himself behaved very well with the rolling pin. :rotfl: there are three tight spots that need attention.
Hi catlady My left (good) knee is also the one that seems to be lagging behind the right. Strange! :shrug: The beach is Oh so close and yet so far :sigh: I long for the day I can start walking there again. The soft comfy rocks that I would sit on are too far up the beach to get to right now. I hope a couple of more weeks and maybe I will try.
Feeling better than I did a month ago
Wanda
 
Welcome to the o.d.i.c....I think we should all stay out of super markets :heehee:
My way, you will get to your beach one day soon & we will all celebrate :happydance:
I declare today a day of.....Ice, elevate, pain meds on time & rest.
:no-fin: super markets !!!!
Take care,
Diana...June sunbeams :SUNsmile: icing & elevating....
 
Hello my way,
I am hoping you are having a good day :) did you leave the o.d.i.c yet ? It' s such an easy club to join,
They should make it harder to join :heehee:
I left Toni a message last night, still no word from her :shrug: I would think she got her results by now.
:angel: to all my bonesmartie friends...
Thinking of you always,
Diana :friends:
 
ha, ha I'm surprised I didn't get in the ODIC long before now knowing how impatient I am! I did get out of there today. :happydance:This has been the best day yet! No pain till around 3 this afternoon, just a bit stiff. I only ran one errand today even though I was feeling good. See, I'm learning.:snork: It seems like my left leg is slowly coming around. It seems to be a little looser. Last night when I got in bed I realized the was less tenderness around my knees and I could rest for a little while with both legs touching. I'm still sleeping in chunks but, as I've said, getting up for a few minutes a couple of times a night is better than the severe stiffness I suffered from sleeping one night through.
I'm going to try the bike again this evening. I won't be pushing. I don't think My knees want a full rotation yet! :yikes:
Wanda
 
Dear my way,
What a great up-date :happydance: I'm so happy today was a good day for you :SUNsmile:
I forgot to ask you....how was therapy on Monday ? Did you set them straight ? :wink:
Continued success in your recovery...
Diana :friends:
 
HI new knee in June My PT app. was cancelled for Mon. I couldn't go today so It's now on Friday. This may be for the best as I've been working the left leg more and it seems to be getting stronger. Still can't figure out why the "good " leg is the weakest post op!:shrug: It's getting there though.
puffin Did you get out of the ODIC today?
Wanda
 
Still somewhat in the ODIC - have done some simple stretching and laps of the livingroom today but my knee is still swollen and painful. Not sleeping either as I cannot get comfortable. Glad that you are doing better today
:friends:
 
Arrggg! I guess I'm hitting the impatient phase! 4 weeks, 2 days and 7 hours and I'm moaning cause my knees are stiff and my incisions are feeling sore. My rational self says " This is about right for this sage of recovery " but my other self says, " this is long enough" :sigh: I suppose it's because I had such a good, mostly pain free day a couple of days ago.
On a brighter note I'm making sure I use my left, weaker leg more and placing that one on the stair first when going up. It seems to be a confidence thing with me. For some reason I was convinced I couldn't do this. I had to mentally force myself and have my husband hold on to me to try. I can do it!!:happydance:It seems like such a small victory but boy, it made me feel so happy.
Wanda
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom