Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning my way,
Great avatar...is there a meaning behind it ?
Diana :kittykiss:
 
I'm 3 weeks post op so I figured it was past time to get rid of the sad little bear. Things are still progressing nicely and my confidence is getting better everyday. I'm going to try another short trip to the supermarket today. The pain is decreasing everyday and when I got up this morning I was so happy to have just some stiffness. I only need to take meds a couple of times a day. I sure hope this continues as my stomach wants a break.
I'm trying to get a little more flexion, the knees are fine with it but my thighs are protesting. I thought I might be ready to try the exercise bike. :yikes: Me thinks that will have to wait for a few more days yet. So it's back to the slides. :sigh: My left leg is still weaker than the right but as I couldn't lift it at all for the first week I'm happy with the progress.
Things must be improving. My vanity is returning. :rotfl: I've shaved the legs and done the eyebrows. Wow! those legs were scary.
By the way when can I start to use a moisturizer on my scar? There are still some small scabs but it's really dry and itchy.
Wanda
 
Great post my way,
You are doing great. I am glad you are only going to p.t once a week. Take from that & continue
Doing what you are doing :happydance:
Good luck at the supermarket...have himself go down the aisle.
I'm glad your confidence is back, but a :bicycle1: so soon. :shocked:
I would rethink that.
I have shaved my legs, but I have an osteotomy scab that is hanging on. I have to shave around
It & for the longest time I thought I had a bruise, but it was the hair shadow :rotfl:
Continued success in your recovery,
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
I see that you are no longer a sad bear but have become busy bee instead :happydance:

Glad to hear that things are looking up and you are getting back to doing normal things again :SUNsmile:
:kittykiss:
 
Hi, I am new here but wanted to let you know you are doing great. I had bilateral knee replacements in 2002 and they are still going strong! I was in the hospital for 5 days, first 3 days were terrible. I then went to a rehab facility for 10 days. Lots of PT and great food! :snork: I then was given PT at home for 6 weeks. My knees were awful before surgery due to a fall. I knew I was getting better with the surgery, not worse. That was always in my head...I was not going to have to deal with the chronic pain any longer. You are doing so very well!
 
Judith Ann , Thanks for dropping in and giving me encouragement. It was good to hear from someone who has had their new knees for some time and to know that you are happy with them.
The first few days were very difficult but I came home on the fourth day and it's been steady progress ever since.
Thanks, Wanda
 
Wow, My Way! I just read your thread, and am thoroughly impressed at the outcome of your bilateral! I thought I had it rough with one, but you are doing awesome with two! I was wondering about when you could apply lotion to the scar as well, and will ask tomorrow at PT.

Great going! I love to hear success stories!
 
50yrold It's getting easier. I did the supermarket and the bank today with my husband's assistance. I had no increase in pain but I was tired. Going to take it easy for the rest of the day. I don't see my PT anymore till Monday and I was going to ask her then about putting something on my scars. Let me know what the verdict is.
We are getting there
Wanda
 
I was told I could use lotion about a week after the staples came out and things were scabbed over.
 
Hi Wanda - I hope you don't mind my dropping into your thread. I had seen you and new knee in June in so many places, I wanted to say congratulations! You sound like you are doing really well and have an awesome attitude. I think that is half the battle. I just assumed from the beginning the new parts would work as well (or better) than the original equipment so the expectations were to just work toward that end. That you have had so little swelling is awesome. May you continue to recover at the brisk pace you've already set!!
 
Hi Wanda hope that you are doing OK today

I have ordered som silicone gel cream that is supposed to reduce the appearance of scars - I will let your know how it goes when it arrives
:friends:
 
Good morning my way,
How was the supermarket yesterday ? I hope you were only tired & the pain stayed away :)
I walked a lot yesterday & by the afternoon was back using my cane :doh: I went to pick- up
My pain meds & the doctor forgot to put how much percocet :tantrum: so a whole night without them.
At least I know I still need them :rotfl:
I have p.t today at 5:30 , I'll let you know how it goes.
Have a relaxing day,
Talk soon,
Diana :friends:
 
Hello All, new knee in June the super market wasn't too bad at the time.:groan: Last night I was very uncomfortable with pain and a sticky bed. Oh the humidity! Temps in the 30's and I swear you could wring out the air. Dehumidifier going in overdrive! I had an app. with my GP today and I'm happy to say he feels I'm doing very well. He remarked how much my swelling was gone down and was shocked when I told him it was never any worse than this. I got more percocet and he thinks I'll need it from time to time for at least the 6 week mark.
kneeper puffin and 50yrold , Okay to use lotion on incisions and he said aveeno was great.
well....after the Dr. I decided to go pick up the meds myself, then added a trip to the bank as it was next to the pharmacy. So far so good. Well, those peaches looked so good at the supermarket that was by the bank.........
My son offered to get them but then I saw a friend :whistle:
Any way no harm done. I came home sat in the lounge on the deck all afternoon. I am stiff but no pain. Himself and son still doing dinner as I:sleep: in the shade.
Wanda
 
Hi Wanda. I used bio oil on my scar but to be honest I think any moisturiser will do. I was told not to put anything on the scar until the scabs had gone but I have heard different views on this forum. You've got a brilliant attitude which I guess is good when you have had two knees done. Keep smiling.. Maybe this will help too :rofsign: [Bonesmart.org] Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings
 
Hi robynhood :rotfl: That's how I felt, Fuzzy wuzzy! I had my shower tonight and put tea tree oil with vitamin E on my scars. I let it dry and rubbed on the aveeno. AAhhhhhh!
Wanda
 
I also asked about treating the scar. I still have some scabbing. My PT said my OS doesnt recommend vit e, but didnt know why. He does allow neosporin and I think she said aveeno, if that is similar to neosporin. I have the neo on hand, and it has antiotic in it, so thats what I will use. I was glad I asked though, as I leave for the lake today. They said to make sure I protect it from the sun. PT recommended bandaids, which I will employ.

I will be off for the weekend. Hope all do well! And, yes, peaches are perfect right now! Wish I could say the same about the cob corn.
 
50yrold aveeno is simply a moisturizer for sensitive skin. I do agree that you protect your scar from the sun. The flesh is very delicate and sensitive and the the last thing we need is sunburn! Take it easy and enjoy this weekend.
Wanda
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom