Bilateral TKR Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear my way,
What a wonderful report, so happy for you :) I also have a great os & have given his name to 2 people already.
We certainly are blessed, to have such great care :ok:
You want to know the best part for me ? You did this totally your way :egypdance: you listened to your knees
& treated them according to how you felt.
Know you can reap the rewards, on a job well done :SUNsmile: I hope your cortisone shot helps with your it band,
I think himself needs a rest :heehee:
Have a wonderful evening,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
:yay: wow Wanda - what a great report and meeting with your OS - sounds as though you are well on your way now

I think it's great that you OS has given you plenty of time before you have to get back to work - it means that you have time to work on strengthening your knees and building up walking levels
 
Dearest my way,
I certainly didn't mean for you to spit your cuppa,all over the screen :heehee: actually, I thought of you the
Whole time ( you had a marvelous time) & thank you for paying for lunch :rotfl:
This recovery gets so much better & you will be on the beach very soon :happydance:
That ripping feeling was the worst, but it does get better.
Have a wonderful weekend with himself,
Diana.....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ....one day at a time......
 
My dear,
Lunch was $ 32.00, the bill will be in your mail :rofsign: you had a clam roll & fries & you said it was
Delicious :heehee:
How is your cortisone shot working ? I hope you had a good day today :)
Guess what....my husband is going on vacation this week ( his sister rents a house down cape cod ma.) he is going with my daughter
For 1 week & my son &his girlfriend are going down Wednesday.
I am staying home because I have to work ( I am a very dedicated worker ) :whistle:
Guess who gets to sleep without getting kicked & battered :shrug: me.....
& I get control over the remote control :happydance: we don't have the same t.v views.
It's going to be a great week :yahoo:
Take care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Sounds like a wonderful day that you never knew you were having Wanda :martini:
 
Puffin,
:rotfl: :rotfl: what a great reply. "The day you never knew you were having" priceless.
Thanks for the great giggle....
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Dear my way,
I certainly couldn't let this milestone pass without saying...."I am soooooo happy you made it to your beach :happydance:
What a great achievement :yahoo: :yahoo: keep on keeping on....little steps add up to miles.
Talk soon,
Diana....June sunbeams :SUNsmile: ...walking in the sand.....
 
Hi My way - hope that your recovery is progressing well and you are getting some time on the beach :SUNsmile:
 
Well I'm 9 weeks out today and bottomshollow could you please change the title of my thread to "Oh M' Achin' Hamstrings"
I don't know if it was the walk on the beach or the unseasonable cold damp weather we've had for the last two days but I hurt!! :groan:The hamstrings in my left leg are very tight so I guess that means more stretching. My IT band hasn't settled a whole lot despite the cortisone injection thus, Himself will get to show me the rolling pin again. :yikes:My knees seem to be the only parts of my legs that don't ache! I guess that means the surgery was a success. :rotfl:The left knee seems a bit tighter caused no doubt by everything else deciding to have a protest.
I know all of this shall pass and is caused by increased walking and taking on more activities around the house. Those poor muscles, ligaments and tendons have not been called upon much this past 8 weeks and I think they enjoyed their vacation. They are now on ease back.:snork:
Now, on to the good things...I have more energy and I'm sleeping much better. I am walking a little faster and with a much better gait. (still needs a bit of fine tuning) My back is better so I'm not as tensed up when walking and this has helped a lot. Except for today and last night the pain has been minimal but, I'm still on the recovery roller coaster and will have days like this.
I sit here now with a heated wheat bag on the back of my thigh and a neoprene sleeve on my left knee and oh the relief from the warmth. It's loosening everything up so I'm off for a few minutes on the bike to get the knee moving.
I do hope to get back to the beach in a day or two puffin and I hope you are getting everything sorted out.
Wanda
 
[Bonesmart.org] Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

Title change made per your request. Walking in sand is real exercise compared to walking on a flat hard surface. But you have to figure that the pleasure of the walk far outweighs the discomfort that followed. At least I hope so for your sake.
 
Thanks bottomshollow The beach I walk on is more small rock than sand and fairly firm, thank goodness. I don't think I could walk on a sandy beach yet. It sure would be nice though to feel the warm sand between my toes.
Wanda
 
Love your new thread title Wanda :) I was so pleased to read that you have finally got to walk on the beach - I am very very envious. How lovely! Walking on sand is a workout for people with normal knees, let alone us TKR bods, so I think you have done extremely well :yay: Not sure I could manage that.

You're right, this journey is a roller coaster. We feel good so we do more, then we feel bad again ..... and so it continues. I am in the ODIT club today so am with you on the loosening up time, trying to get this stiff knee to relax.

Take Care and I hope you get to the beach again soon :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Wanda
Sorry to hear that the hamstrings are playing up - I am guessing that it was the beach as walking in slightly moving/sinking stones is a tough workout for your muscles -especially given the fact that your muscles have not been forced to do this exercise since surgery

Hopefully after a day or 2 of rest the muscles will forgive you - can you use the bath or perhaps a hot shower to loosen up?
 
Sounds like you're doing great, even with the aching hamstrings.
 
Wanda, great report......Im off to see my OS Tuesday, will discuss medications you discussed with me, hope my report is as great as yours, LOL I will just take any little positive he gives me. I really just need to get pain meds under control, with out having to many. :happydance:
Spring has arrived in Australia, we have had four of the most beautiful days, It has been wonderful to get out into the sunshine, I have been locked inside under the covers for to long. I need sunshine, and it has arrived. Have a great evening, hope your dreaming happy dreams.
Regards Leonie from Down Under.
 
Hi Knee pain here's hoping you get a great report as well. Maybe with spring arriving you'll feel like getting out more. It really lifts your mood when the birds are singing and the bees are buzzing. I don't know how my nerves would have stood it if i had had my surgery in the winter! :sad: My decks and the sun were my lifesaver.
I hope you get the meds sorted.
Wanda
 
Wanda your up early today? Im watching the time, busting to go to bed its only 848pm, wished it was 11pm, then I could snuggle up. Every night I go to bed I say tonight the night, I will sleep all night.....LOL Its only in my dreams. Have a great day.
 
Hi Knee pain The knees force me out of bed! :snork: just a thought about your pain meds....my OS only gave me enough for 1 week post op then I had to go to my family Dr. He has been the one prescribing everything since my op. maybe you can see yours for medication and not have to wait till you see the OS.
Try to have a good sleep :beg:
Wanda
 
Good Morning My way,
I love your thread! Having himself use the rolling pin on your IT bands is a great idea. I have a foam roller that I use quite a bit and I am going to ask the Hubster to use it on Me. I had my first in home PT and my thighs are killing me!!!! Like everybody else, my muscles, tendons and ligaments are screaming about actually having to work.

I am so happy you got to walk on the beach! That sounds heavenly. I can certainly see why your hamstrings would hurt after that since they had to really work. How we take for granted what we were born with when we try and replace parts.

I am only a week out but I'm already thinking I should be dancing or at least walking down to the barn. That will be my beach. :egypdance:

I'm so happy you are doing so well and you inspire me. Thank you!

Jen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom