Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Oh M'Achin' Hamstrings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch - so sorry that you are in the ODIC :gaah:

I think this is a problem that all of us have when we try to push our knees just that bit further than before - sometimes it works and we make a leap forward - but often we seem to end up in the ODIC :headbang: instead - but gradually you will get there

Hope you are resting and icing :friends:
 
Good morning my way,
How are you ? I read on Toni's thread that your back has been bothering you :gaah: I find the more walking we
Do, the aches in other places seem to just make their appearance. I do hope you are feeling better :console2:
I am trying to bring the " warriors" back...but, it seems they only worked, to ease our fears " before" surgery. :heehee:
I hope you have a wonderful day :SUNsmile:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi, 11 1/2 weeks out and I feel much better. There is very little pain in my knees and the muscles and ligaments are less tight and sore. Because I am so far into my recovery,my OS aproved a tensor brace when walking and it seems to have helped. Except for the scar my left knee looks like a normal knee complete with kneecap and my right knee is smaller than it has been in 2 years!
I still get stiff at the end of the day and when getting up in the morning I look like Lurch for the first little while. Not a pretty sight coming down the hall! :rotfl: I tire easily but seem to be getting stronger every week and sleep has been getting better, not great but improving. Still can't go down stairs the right way. I freeze when I try so I guess I'm not ready yet. Not going to worry about it as I couldn't do it for years anyway. :snork:
I can walk for longer distances and it feels good not to have that bone on bone pain. I haven't been measured but I know my ROM is slowly increasing all the time. My left knee feels much looser than it did a week or so ago.
I still take the cane when I go out but I've been practicing not using it for support. It seems like as long as I have it in my hand I'm fine. It's a confidence thing I suppose
puffin I have learned (I think) not to have two busy days in a row. We do try to do too much as soon as we start to see improvement. Why do we have to push it to see how far we can go? :headbang:
new knee in June my back is much better. (again) now if I can only keep it from going out.:sigh:
My IT band is taking it's time relaxing but it's a little better. I take more medication for that than my knees! Himself said he needs a neew rolling pin.:yikes:
I hope every one is doing okay. I haven't posted much because my back was so sore but I do try and check on every one.
Bless you all
Wanda
 
Dear my way,
Awesome update :dancy: I am so glad you are feeling better. I have never had back problems, but I found
When I first started walking my lower back was tight. It does get better :) thighs have been tight, calfs have
Been tight....but, it gets better....hopefully one day everything will be working properly :rotfl: & we can do :dancy:
Thinking of you always :friends:
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
I am trying to bring the " warriors" back.

Who are WARRIORS? They sound fun. :heehee:
Glad you're feeling better My Way. My back hurts from time to time, due to having to SLEEP ON IT! :gaah: I hesitate at the top of the stairs too, so I just do my toddler thing and get on downstairs. Now that I just had my other knee done, the stairs will be even more tricky. :scratch: I have found that my RPK rose to the challenge of being the good knee, eventhough it's not healed yet. It must be the little inner Rocky in me. :bicycle2::bicycle2:

As far as my ODIC card goes, I think it gets skimmed w/o my knowledge and I'm left holding the "ice" bag. lol The skimming usually happens just from doing something normal. :shrug: It's definitely a thin between doing too much and too little. That's a line that I'm not even thinking about crossing just 3 days out of surgery on my left knee. Wait.. :umm:I lie, I thought about jumping in my car and going to check the mail (it's a Green Mile walk.) Then I remembered, YOU JUST HAD SURGERY FUDA! :rotfl: So, my permission to move freely has been revoked once again! :cry:I'm better prepared for solitary confinement this time. I think it's good practice for when the Men in the White Coats really DO come and get me.

Hope you're having a keeeasy day :flwrysmile:

By the way, everytime I see your user name I wanna break out into the Frank Sinatra song :whistle:"Let the record show, I took the BLOW and Did It... MYYYYYYYY WAAAAAAAY!" :loll::loll:Thanks folks, I'll be here all week, month, maybe even a year. :groan:
 
Bionic woman2 You need to get yourself along to the PARTY :happydance::happydance::happydance:Then you would know all about the warriors, the cabana boys, the cowboys et al
You look to be a fun lady so come along ... bring some food ..... and join in!
Go to the Social Room and look for the thread "Party at my place for all birthday for everyone" - read and all the posts ...... and PARTY ON :yay::yay::yay:

Wanda - great update. You seem to be feeling a lot better. I can't do the stairs properly either and my physio says it is just "fear". I think I haven't got enough ROM and the knee isn't strong enough. Like you it has been several years since I could do them properly anyway so who really cares. Love the reference to Lurch :):)
 
Hi Wanda! Glad to hear you are doing so much better! :yay: Steps are a challenge for me too. I can do them, but constantly have to rethink which works better to put first, which hand to hold the cane in to give me more stability....its pretty funny looking. Im glad i dont have many stairs at home and I will have an elevator ar work. Like you, stairs have been a problem for me for quite some time, so it comes when it comes!
 
Hi Wanda
Just catching up with your thread and I am glad that things gradually appear to be getting a little easier and hoping that the improvements are continuing this week
 
Hello My Way,
I hope you are doing well :) Is the brace helping you walk ? Boy, those leg muscles sure complain alot.
Mine complain at night when I am trying to sleep :yikes:
Take care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
hi new knee in June I think the brace is helping but I only wear it for walking on the beach. I went to the city again today and did more shopping.:whistle:and didn't wear it. I feel fine so it may be mind over matter.:shrug: I'm a bit stiff but the muscles and hamstrings don't feel as sore this past few days. I have slept well this last two nights! Went to bed at 10, read for an hour and didn't wake up till 7. :happydance:I hope it continues. The shopping trip was a necessity as I've lost over thirty pounds since my op! Not trying ,it just seems I don't eat as much. I must have gotten used to smaller portions because of the 2 months of medication induced lack of appetite. Hope it continues.
puffin and Lmarshall I think the improvements are slowly continuing. The stairs not improving yet. my muscles still need to get a bit stronger and 2 years of going down one at a time is a hard habit to overcome.
I hope things are going well for you guys and Alison gets some help at her OS visit tomorrow.
Wanda
 
excellent sleep! :sleep:
 
Good evening My Way,
I hope everything is going well for you :) Are you walking more with your brace ? Toni & Puffin are
Having a rough go of it. I just wanted to know I'm thinking of you, & I hope your recovery is going forward :friends:
Take Care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi new knee in June I haven't been walking much this week. The back still isn't the best. I have been busy though. I'm directing the much needed painting of what was going to be just two rooms but, you know where that leads. :whistle: now the others look dull and the trims need a face lift. I've been checking on everyone and keep hoping for good news from Toni and Puffin.
My recovery has slowed down but that is to be expected I suppose once the early post op period is over. My knees feel pretty good.They do get a bit sore and stiff but that will continue for a while . The worst is my left leg. It's still tight along the ligament on the outer side of my knee and half way down the calf. :sigh:
I haven't gone back to work. The new school is so huge and my principal said it was far from settled there yet so I'm going to give it another while.
Take care all
chat more later, himself is calling for a cloth to wipe up another paint dribble.:groan:
Wanda
 
Good Morning My Way,
I know what you mean about starting a project & everything else needs to be done to look good :) when it's done
You are quite happy. I posted on my thread about how happy I was to get down & scrub the tub :happydance:
A member on the pre-op side said, if that's what she has to look forward to..she may re think about having her
Knee replaced :rotfl: :rotfl:
How is the weather where you are ? It has been in the 80's & sunny for weeks :SUNsmile: we are usually in the 50's.
We also need some rain badly.
Thinking of you always,
Diana :friends: I hope your back feels better soon :hissy:
 
Hi there Wanda!
I think getting those muscles back to the correct alignment and strength is one of the hardest parts of this surgery as it takes a long time when you are over the initial surgery and we all feel that we should be doing "better" (and everyone else seems to expect it as well). One of the things that is panicking me from my enforced non-weigh bearing is that I may lose everything that I have built up since June. I hope that your recovery is still going well despite the rapid progress slowing down.
 
Hi new knee in June I've just now getting caught up with everyone. Wow, Puffin and Alison are having more than their share of bad luck. puffin I just posted to your thread about the muscle thing.
Well we did stop at two rooms only because Himself and my two sons went on a moose hunting trip this weekend. I thought to myself....he has had a break from painting so it won't be so hard to get him started again on Tuesday. He'll be very agreeable cause he will want to go a huntin' next weekend too....
Just got a call from son telling me they got their moose. That never happens on the first day of the season! Now I have to get another freezer as I've blocked ours with turkeys. Butterballs were on sale cheap last week. I got 6. :snork:
I have relaxed and done very little for two days! I'm bored but my knees and legs feel good today. I still have the tightness after I'm on my feet too long and there is still some soreness on the outer side of my knees (more on the left problem child) but it is decreasing.
I hope you are doing well and work isn't causing you any grief. I haven't made up my mind about when I'm going to return. Some days I feel well enough to go back and then there are the days when I think my OS is right and the end of Nov. sounds good.
Wanda
 
Dear My Way,
So glad you have been taking it easy :) How much meat does a moose produce ? Himself has really upped
His game ( painting & hunting) you better treat him nicely :heehee: We are enjoying a beautiful Fall Foliage
Sunny & the colors are gorgeous. I really love this time of year :yahoo:
You'll know when you can go back to work...Don't rush...
Thinking of you always, :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Wanda!
How are you doing? Is the stiffness getting better? My enforced rest (which turned out to be not so necessary) meant that I focussed on non-weightbearing muscle exercises for the past 3 weeks which means that the outside muscles are starting to get stronger. Lots of different leg raises standing/sitting/lying :heehee:

It is getting really cold here - winter is coming! We had our first snow last week and it was minus 8C this morning :yikes:
 
Hello My Way,
How are you ? Good I hope :) Are you still busy painting & such ?
Thinking of you & wishing you well :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom