Bilateral THR Oh 'dreams' exactly as visioned

This too shall pass.. About now you are deep in the pits which is kind of normal but those other things would set me off too post surgery or not! Its a shame that construction season is now.. for us in the north. I am so sorry your physio appointments are not working out . That sort of mess you do not need now!

Thanks for that.It has always been a function of mine to sort out messes. I am too weary today. Especially with the regression and no hope of progression I seriously am doubting my decision which was never too 'pro' to begin with.I really had few positive poster people in my entourage.I see myself as a prisoner of both my body and now my surroundings.What a whiner I am too bad there wasn't just a little more gas.And I have had friends with CP-friends of my childhood now deceased.They were the brave ones.

You need a hug.. You will progress . Probably not today! Progress is measured in weeks not the days or hours we wish it were. Sounds like you do need pain meds though.. I use Advil for pre op pain but I don't think it is for post op pain.( and I will go off it soon but its helping me now) The opiods had to go back? That is a new one on me.. Not saying it doesn't happen but I have never heard of that.. Perhaps your OS can prescribe something else. Tylenol does work but you have to take it regularly whether or not you are in pain.. Playing catchup doesn't work.

I can relate to "prisoner" when I had my TKR I wanted out. Easy for me.. We have outside access and I could walk down the hill to the driveway.. Your situation having no good leg for now is different but I hope you could focus on something good you love.
However I am thinking poutine.. which I really don't need!

@mikeycat I have ups and downs. We will both get better with time, just seems like a long relentless effort on our part. You need to stay strong so I can stay strong, get through this together....we will conquer eventually. Do need a longer summer, don't like that sort of feels like missed this one and then long boring winter. I like being outside. Soon they will get that street repair done. I wish you could get in your basement sounds peaceful down there. I have not gone down ours yet, but once to get something out of the freezer, seemed a long way back up. ❤

Gee sounds like you’re not getting any breaks! Remember “this too shall pass”. Stay strong. At 3 weeks I was still a mess... but I didn’t have to deal with road construction noise. Also didn’t start going out to Physio until week 4 and then not again until week 6. I did exercises on my own and truthfully not everyday. I was prescribed Tramadol which also has a bit of an antidepressant as well as pain killer. Maybe ask your doctor if you could try that. I found it really helped... that and ice! Do you have Netflix? Thee are lots of fabulous series you could get lost in to pass the time. I can recommend some that I enjoyed. :console2:

One month out (close enough) is prime time for post op blues and cabin fever.:sigh:
We are so happy to be through the scary surgery, see that it may not be as bad as we imagined and then get frustrated and the seemed stall of progress and frustrations of recovery.:unsure:
All well worth it, I promise you...one day at a time....:yes:
Wishing you some peace and comfort!:friends:

@mikeycat if you are in la ville de Quebec I may come see you for Carnaval! Need another Bonnehomme pin. And some crepes.

Thanks for all the suggestions--feeling sorry for myself. @jwadds My hubby said he would buy a new smart TV with all the devices within Netflix ,Hulu, etc and just get an account. I need my mind elsewhere . I can't read. I have ativan that was prescribed pre-op- me who never took any of this stuff-well it allowed me to sleep pre-op.I don't like taking anything. I prefer advil as it reduces my pain and is an anti-inflammatory.Tylenol simply doesn't work for me and I don't like the idea of kidney or liver damage with excessive use. I really don't have pain from my sites just crippling stiffness and a pain in the back. I am so sorry for all of you experiencing pain. I hate that you all have that. What is the purpose? I will measure progress in weeks not days--eh gads-- what a whiner I am--this is sure a slap in the face of whom I thought I was.

@mainegirl1 I do not live in Québec City but the rival one. We went a couple of years ago, not for Bonhomme Carnaval but with 2 friends from NY who could not make it due to illness so alone we went. We go a few times. We like crêpes but not poutine--the stuff everyone loves--but us.

Well another scorcher and humid. I am feeling better. My hubby says we will go to the country or at least drive around. It will be the first time I get into my car--the low one-oh boy.Our son came over to make us dinner last night. What a doll. My husband saw him using my grabbers and looking at my pills. He said that our son was trying to get a feel of what I am going through.He could not look at me the first day I was home. He told my husband I look better and more like myself. I think he was scared. I emptied the dishwasher and put things away, did the bed and got dressed. Had breakfast and hubby left at 6:15 am. Back at 1 pm. I will try to get another physio here. I want her to work on the stiffness manually like my physio does.Have a good week-end all

@mainegirl1 I do not live in Québec City but the rival one. We went a couple of years ago, not for Bonhomme Carnaval but with 2 friends from NY who could not make it due to illness so alone we went. We go a few times. We like crêpes but not poutine--the stuff everyone loves--but us.
I need sightseeing suggestions for where you are.. We go to Quebec City a lot the other one not so much.. We need to change that.. You can PM me if you like.

He could not look at me the first day I was home. He told my husband I look better and more like myself. I think he was scared.

I recall this feeling when my dad at 72 had his first hip replaced. I was 52 and it happened the first time I saw him in a hospital setting (bed) in a gown and groggy. It unexpectedly threw me, my eyes welled up and I had to walk away to compose myself. Silly isn't it?!! I guess we think out parents are invincible and seeing them in a hospital, or in a weakened state is a reminder that they're aging. I'm guessing there is a possibility it could be what your son was thinking and naturally he doesn't want to see you in pain. All signs that you're loved! :loveshwr:
I hope you have a nice weekend!
@mikeycat

Hang in there @mikeycat!! :console2:I'm 7 days ahead of you, but incredible you had TWO hips done!! And although I've been blessed with a pretty pain free recovery I DID have a couple of meltdowns around week 3, with lots less external stress than you've had to deal with. It does get better. To quote mayhip8's comment to another May hipster: (let's show them we've got) titanium hips and nerves of steel! You can do it! :thumb: Breathe deep and kiss your hubby and son for their love. Go outside and look at nature. You are not old and crazy. You have survived an incredibly invasive procedure that will give you a new life. Sending hugs from across the pond.:friends:

Thanks for those words. But while on some level I believe on another I don't feel advanced enough--4 weeks and still stiff as a brick and laboring to walk with a cane in the house no less so I go back to the walker. I hate waking up and feeling log legs and spasms and I really don't believe it will get better--that's how I feel today. When I read how one wakes up and suddenly improves I wonder where that is and I am unsure of who is telling the truth--well at least it isn't my truth. Hubby wants to take me for a spin tomorrow maybe to the country. I thought I would be at ease walking with a cane . What a joke and it's on me.Even the physio has told me of someone down the street who was able to go to a cafe. I sure do feel like a failure.

OK if I were your doc I would tell you not to read about fantastic early recoveries.. Each heals at their own pace and in a year are about in the same place. Your hubby is trying to help.. Go for the ride and notice . Take a camera. After chemo and several operations I found a new hobby.. Noticing.. details . It was kind of expensive as that led to several thousand dollars in camera gear..but it helped me figure out why my life was what it was.
You may love your PT but it sounds like they need an application of duct tape over their mouth. You are 4 weeks out.. so early .No one should be commenting on your use of cane or walker or whatever. Use what you need and it WILL be temporary:friends:

You may love your PT but it sounds like they need an application of duct tape over their mouth. You are 4 weeks out.. so early .No one should be commenting on your use of cane or walker or whatever. Use what you need and it WILL be temporary:friends:
I agree.

@mikeycat I know you don't like taking pain medication. I have to take Tylenol 500mg every 5-6 hours. I try to go 6 hours. That's only 2000mg in 24 hrs. I read a study once where seniors took 4000mg of Tylenol a day for a year and their was no change in their liver function, which was good news. I tried going without anything and my surgery leg ached all the worse. The tylenol really helps me.... Maybe you could read some studies on it and feel safer about using it and that might help you along with the stiffness? I'm almost 5 weeks and I need something to help while I'm healing. Just something to think about okay? ❤

Slow down, I know it is so hard. I’m 8 weeks out, and can’t believe I have a hard time doing steps, I get frustrated, and I have to stop and tell myself I’m only 8 weeks out of 52 in recovery. I still run 2-3 errands and I have to take a nap. Sending you good thoughts from Ohio

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
shibbard
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom