Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Och a wee set back

Well walked about the house without crutches today and feeling really good only took the crutches outside as it was a bit windy.
 
Seems fine Jacey great to have it cleansed this morning, bit blood shot and a wee bit painful. took some paracetamol to ease the pain. Feels like someone has switched the lights on.

Billy
 
Hi Billy
Great to have had that cataract done - don't be reluctant to take some pain medication, my Dad found it helped with the desire to rub that itchy eye as well!
I did look at your X-ray, good grief - that has to be faulty! Now I'm worried about mine, having odd niggly pains and clicks and have a doctor's appointment later this month when I will ask for mine to be x-rayed or scanned. My implant is a "Triumph Accolade" - we used to have a Triumph Herald car and hubby had a Triumph Tiger motorbike, any connection? Brrrmmbbrrrmmm!
Glad your re-replacement seems to be doing OK, take care of yourself (and good news about the grandson!)
Regards
Anne
 
Cheers nannyannie and you made me chuckle about the triumph:yes:, I really hope yours will be fine and sure your worries will be minimal. You take care annie.

Billy
 
Hi Billy, just catching up after some time away - so pleased to read you are slowly and steadily improving :)
 
My implant is a "Triumph Accolade" - we used to have a Triumph Herald car and hubby had a Triumph Tiger motorbike, any connection?
Well, I can promise you they're not made by the same manufacturers! :snork:
 
Well, I can promise you they're not made by the same manufacturers! :snork:

Lol brought a wee smile to my face.

Poppet nice to hear from you really hope everything is ok keep safe Poppet xx

Billy
 
Thanks I appreciate your kind words Billy, @forbesy - hugs from down under.
 
Well last day of putting drops in my eye yehaaaaaaa just a baby when getting drops.

My hip appears to be doing fine :cool: and hopefully get stronger as time goes on.
 
Really? Have you had you hip done already? I thought you weren't seeing the surgeon until next month.
 
See them about the revision that was done my appointment on the 7th April
 
:scratch: You HAD that broken prosthesis removed? I must have missed that!
What was the date of the surgery?
 
Sorry Josephine

Here was me thinking you were still on the advocates lol got my replacement hip done on the 13th February two days after I had been taken to hospital, they stated that they would have to operate and get the broken hip out within 48 hours of arriving.
In all honesty I don't think I put a date in on the first thread sorry Josephine.

Billy
 
You are amazing "soldiering on" just an odd revision followed by eye op!

Well done x
 
Cheers copsham

I am feeling quite good and trying not to overdo it in any form, no crutches about the house and my eye is slightly sore if I forget myself and rub it, but nothing serious onwards and upwards.
 
Well, I'm very pleased to here that. Was it okay - did they have any problems getting it out?

(I've amended your signature!)
 
Sorry Josephine for not getting back sooner but a new kid just came into our care and another two coming for the weekend so quite busy.


did they have any problems getting it out?
Have to admit I was a tad worried when they talked about the loss of blood and the possibility of nerve damage and breaking my bone to get the faulty one but luckily there wasn't any major problems.

Well folks that's me off my crutches and walking about without them, 3 weeks until I can drive and possibly 5 until I return to work but will monitor this and see how I feel first.


Billy
 
Yes, some do slip out quite easily and others, well, the less said about that the better!
Glad to hear you are progressing so well.

One more question, is the surgeon sending the prosthesis back to the manufactures for investigations?
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom