Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Och a wee set back

Yes, I have actually - in 1985! And I attended a conference there in 2012.
This was the photo I took the first visit - almost identical to the previous one but with a smaller central aisle!
And it would be typical of them not to have upgraded! I am truly shocked!

[Bonesmart.org] Och a wee set back
 
When I watched the 'One Show' program about the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital at Stanmore Middlesex and the poor state of repair it is in, it reminded me of Wrightington. Why are 2 of the best orthopaedic hospitals our country has in such a state. Wrightington are in the process of fixing it as is ROH if they can get the funding.
 
Well woke this morning and can weight bare on my operated side quite well but will stay on my crutches for another week then may try the one crutch, really chuffed onwards and upwards.
 
That s great! I am amazed how, when the time is right things just happen - no pushing just patience. Be very gentle and careful - you are going forward amazingly!
 
Well folks that's the staples out and I could do with a good scratch at my bahookie, practitioner nurse advised that my scar is looking fine overlaping slightly in a couple of places so she put tape on. Onwards and upwards and I will step up my exercise next week slightly but will be cautious.

Billy
 
Glad you are doing so well Billy @forbesy ! Go easy on the exercise won't you? Still plenty of healing going on.
 
Cheers Jacey will do out for my walks today and iced so far feeling fine and revision appears to be getting stronger.

Billy
 
Wow Billy you have been throught the mill and back again. I can't even imagine the pain you must have been in when that thing snapped. Good job you have a great sense of humour, it certainly helps to be able to still have a laugh in these situations.
I hope you get the answers you deserve when you go in April, there must have been something drastically wrong with that implant. It is quite an insult that the Doctor suggested it is your weight to blame, that is so unbelievingly rude and well out of order.

It sounds like your recovery is going well....you know the mantra, slow and steady:)

Take care

Ann
 
practitioner nurse advised that my scar .... overlapping slightly in a couple of places so she put tape on
An unnecessary thing to do. The inner part of the overlap will be just as healed as the rest of the scar but she clearly didn't know that. I had such an overlap in a small incision in my arm. Ended up with just a rather wide scar at that point!

[Bonesmart.org] Och a wee set back
 
Ann cheers for your concern hope I get some positive feedback as well promise to take it slow and steady.

Josephine to be honest I thought that was a bit strange as well and might get my wife to remove it cheers.

Billy
 
Right in for op no2 tomorrow my cataract op on my left eye wish me luck onwards and upwards.


Billy
 
[Bonesmart.org] Och a wee set back

Well that's me back and hopefully I really don't see the inside of a hospital ward for a long long time

Billy
 
Hey, you and I are cataract buddies!!! I just had my second one done a bit before you. Great surgery, isn't it!! I love being able to see without contacts.

So glad to hear your hip is doing well. You're a fighter, you are!!! Proud of you for standing your ground on what might have caused the problem with the implant. Now you need to add this latest "badge" to your signature! Hang in there.....healing takes time (as you know).
 
Cheers Jamie just got it done this afternoon and the urge to scratch it is driving me up the wall. Have to admit even though this is the second op for my eye I was more worried about this than the hip op. Think it has something about them tampering around the eye.:rolleyes:
 
Well what a trouper! I know you'll resist the temptation to scratch but it's really a little bit of post-op pain here, y'know! Take a pill!
 
@forbesy well done! Glad another "procedure" is done and dusted. BYW - love the t-shirt. I recorded with a choir at Abbey Road twice. Incredible place!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom