Guest viewing is limited

THR Now POST-op

I have a wee pedaler device that I used before. It sat on the floor in front of my chair and I used to pedal mindlessly away.
I think I know that kind of thing - it is an idea!
i hope your cat gets to play with the boxes :catdance:
 
No worries @cannygirl, the patience muscle is the hardest to use and the one most required for this recovery. It's not easy, but you don't want to be your own worst enemy to recovery.
 
@cannygirl because I told the cat that he could have the boxes he, naturally, ignored them! Cats eh?!
Hope you're feeling a bit more relaxed about it all. Enjoy the sunshine this weekend.
 
Definitely more relaxed! :bath: .
But slightly anxious as tomorrow night I’m going to a restaurant in Edinburgh (1st since February 2020 and first proper outing since surgery). This is to celebrate my grandson’s 21st birthday - a date he shares with his grandpa). I will take a chair liner with me and husband will drop me at venue, may take an emergency pain relief with me. The meal will be 6 of us, drawn from different areas of the UK and has been planned for a long time.
I’m glad you cat is showing appropriate independence!
 
@cannygirl Happy Birthday to your grandson and his grandpa :) Enjoy your special outing!
 
Have a wonderful time. It'll be so lovely for you all to meet up.
Here's Baz enjoying the boxes my equipment arrived in. The huge one contained the grabber!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Now POST-op
    IMG_20210528_185636111_HDR.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 183
@cannygirl

There are a lot of pilates and yoga sessions on YouTube. If you want to start out slowly with yoga, try Happy Yoga with Sarah Starr. It's for general stretching, strengthening and strength building. It's a good start.

Hope you have a great time at the celebration!!
 
Baz looks as though she‘s just enjoying the relaxation and stretching out - no exercise for her! Thanks for the suggestions.
 
Question:
Can I have some advice, please?
now I am in my 6th week following surgery, I thought that I should step up a little of the exercise regimen. Until now, I have been doing 20-30 minutes of walking outside (with 2 sticks), increasing small hills and some uneven ground. I have always felt as if I had pushed as far as I could but without setting myself back. Inside, I have done more domestically - been more active all round! But I have not done the standing exercise list that I have in the booklet from hospital. Yesterday I started: 4 targeted exercises of 10 sets, 4 times a day. I managed 3 times yesterday but I was quite sore and I woke up sore this morning. is there guidance for how to build this up? I feel I should be moving more easily by now.
 
Yesterday I started: 4 targeted exercises of 10 sets, 4 times a day.
Far too much! You can't just launch into all that activity and expect no complaining from that new hip. You are not in training - you are healing. At only 6 weeks out soft tissues are still angry.

If you must do these exercises start with doing them once per day. Maybe do 5 sets. If you are sore the next day rest. Then try the next day with the same amount. Keep at that level until you are no longer sore.
 
How about stairs? After my knee ops I did the same as you : gradually increasing walks but introduced stairs as a measure of progress. Hips are different though. Be guided by the BS moderators. They've actually been there unlike physios.
 
If you must do these exercises start with doing them once per day.
It makes sense. I find it so difficult to pace myself without a reference point. I have been feeling quite good about my gradual progress - then suddenly remembered the booklet and a reminder from a friend who had hip surgery to ‘do your exercises faithfully’!
I’ll start again and build up gradually and see how it goes.
 
Be guided by the BS moderators. They've actually been there unlike physios.
I guess I’m a bit too impatient. Today, husband has brought me to Cramond - I’m walking and hoping the haar will clear while he is cycling (I wish....!). I love the coast and have been pining to get here.
 
Nice place to walk. Look out for speeding cyclists (you should be OK though as my grandsons are in school!)
 
It was very cold in the wind and no sun - but lovely at Hopetoun Garden centre.... This is really the first ‘normal activity’ that I’ve done since surgery. Happy and tired.:hi:
 
Try Saughton Gardens next time. Beautiful to wander round and a very nice cafe/bistro. Best of all there's easy parking.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom