Guest viewing is limited

THR Now POST-op

Thank you for suggesting the ‘one Step‘ program. I am so please to be doing it. I’m getting a lot of benefit and only at day 4. Was this a one-off offer or is it an ongoing program?
 
I'm really interested in this programme and applied but I think the offer is over. Drat!
 
Hi there, I’ll ask this morning when i do my check-in with them. Maybe not “drat” after all
 
Wonderful news on your progress with One Step @cannygirl
So pleased to read this! Let us know what you hear from them today.
Have a wonderful week!
 
I’ve been a bit demoralised recently as I am having quite a pit of pain that seems to radiate down my leg. The super PT on the one step program is trying to help me identify its origin but I feel that I should be free of virtually constant pain on movement
I have good mobility and I can cycle - almost everything else is affected - I need to give myself a stiff talking to - and be a grown-up!
 
Oh what a shame @cannygirl. That must be demoralising. Does the pain go away if you rest for a bit? I must say that, although I feel compelled to do more and more steps each day, I do seem to benefit if I have the odd day of walking less and taking it easier. The day after one of these reduced activities days I always feel a little stronger and more able. However, I find it important to be sure and not sit for any length of time even if it's just getting up to make a cup of tea.
I'm awed at you cycling. I could never ever do that!
 
t you for your encouragement. At the stage I am at, i’d expect to be virtually pain free and not dreading the next move! You are doing so well and I are really pleased for you. i did lift heavy pots when trying some long overdue gardening on Saturday…but I should be able to do that and maybe a wee bit sore but not this level of pain… still someone will tell me that we are all different and recovery takes different time for some. If Covid in Scotland allows we were planning to go to a friend’s place in Guernsey at the end of the week - maybe some gentle exercise in the sea would help
 
Guernsey will be lovely! So relaxing. Have a great time.
I'm so sorry to hear that you're 'dreading every move.' That sounds awful. I bet some gentle exercise in water might help but the sea might be a bit chilly!
I was just saying this morning that I'd love a session in a jacuzzi. I feel so stiff. Just lying in warm water would be lovely.
I can't wait to get back to Aquafit classes but it'll be a while.
 
Aquafit classes
After my TKR, I joined a remedial Aquafit and it was superb. I’m sure it was really important for my recovery. I don’t know any local aqua fit post Covid - but maybe I should check. I’ve just been out to buy a tennis ball and a football as it has been suggested that they may help to relax my tense muscles and relieve my pain. I hope you get back to aqua fit soon.
 
Thanks @cannygirl . I'm officially due back at the local sports club in January. I might try and find a spa pool before then though.
Good luck with your tennis ball and football.
 
HELP!
At 4 1/2 months since surgery, I am so dispirited. I can walk, I can cycle, I can sit and stand (not too long - but that is my back I guess) BUT I have intermittent stabbing pain in my groin / front of hip - almost always when walking but I can’t identify the trigger. It always catches me by surprise and takes my breath away and makes me feel unstable- but I am not falling. The pain is not muscular- I know about that. I wonder if it is a nerve trapped (but surely that would be constant). I don’t think there is a ‘foreign body’ but I just feel like crying. I don’t want to admit defeat and contact the surgeon as it may be nothing.
Does any have any advice for me?
 
Hi @cannygirl
I'm sorry you are struggling and sounds like it may be psoas pain.
Check out the link in blue and see if this sounds plausible.

I'm wondering if you are doing alot of cycling and if this could be aggravating this.
Hopefully you are still icing when needed and perhaps you should address it with your OS.
It's miserable to here to back off when things get angry...but still healing happening!
 
Oh dear sorry to hear this @cannygirl. Can you discuss it with the One Step physio?
I'm having an unexpected problem with pain too and it's hard to be sure what's going on. I'm hoping it's a temporary inflammation caused by me doing something stupid. Your problem sounds like it could be accounted for by the Psoas. You probably need to see an actual person though rather than try to relate to a diagramme. Mind you I've been looking at pictures relating to the structure and function of hip musculature.
Hope you get to the bottom of this soon.
 
Hi @cannygirl
I'm sorry you are struggling and sounds like it may be psoas pain.
Check out the link in blue and see if this sounds plausible.

I'm wondering if you are doing alot of cycling and if this could be aggravating this.
Hopefully you are still icing when needed and perhaps you should address it with your OS.
It's miserable to here to back off when things get angry...but still healing happening!
I think this may be the cause of my pain although it is mainly actually at groin level. I don’t understand why - the intermittent, sudden pain when I am walking with no obstacles with or without a stick. I’ve taken to using the stick again for added stability . I haven’t iced recently but will. Usually I am out and about and then forget when I am near ice!
 
I searched and scrolled back through posts describing stabbing groin pain, and noticed when our Nurse Emeritus Josephine was on staff, psoas pain was her most oft described diagnosis.
You might check out some of these!
I had to go back to icing during different periods throughout my first year postop.
Scale back a bit, and I'm hoping this hiccup eases soon.:friends:
 
Hello
Just back from Guernsey where all this blew up. I’m so disappointed as although I did a lot of walking, latterly it was suddenly too painful and my husband couldn’t cope with the occasional gasp!
having an unexpected problem with pain too
So sorry about that. I hope you get to the bottom of it fast!

discuss it with the One Step physio?
Yes I am doing this and we are trying out various exercises to see what triggers. She is absolutely great and pati
 
I just received an update from @cannygirl, who was off on a skiing holiday with her (sorta) new hip and (not-so-new) knee. She's doing beautifully and enjoying her life again. But pictures speak louder than words....GO, CANNYGIRL!!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Now POST-op


After her ski trip, she was off to see the world on more adventures. Our BoneSmarties are a traveling bunch and we love to hear these stories.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom