Now it's the Hip

Hi @MEPil
So are you going to drop the NSAID for now?
Sure don't want anything to hang this surgery up.
 
I am going to try to take the Tylenol, if I can manage it. I did take a Naproxen earlier but it's the only one I've had today. I took my BP about 6:30 this evening and it was a good reading. I'm thinking stress is also having an effect on it too, I'm trying to relax more. I don't want to have to reschedule this. I'll find out more when they call me back, I have my appointment with my OS on Friday.
 
@MEPil I can tell you without hesitation my blood pressure has been good post op and I stopped taking the med. The medicine helped pre op. The chronic pain I suffered for months along with NSAIDs, the reduced mobility and the general stress all added up. Breathe in through your nose slowly and out through your mouth slowly when taking bp measurements.
 
You are correct, the stress will be a factor with blood pressure. Like you needed anything else to worry about! Mine was higher, too. But they didn't seem too worried about it at the time. it wasn't scary high. It will be good to discuss it with your OS on Friday.
I like what Steelmanpa just posted above..
Take care and try to rest. we are all pulling for you.:console2:
 
Starting today, I am going to start using Tylenol only. I also read that coffee can raise BP so going to limit that as well and I drink a lot of coffee. I do plan to talk with my OS tomorrow. Got to get this BP down. I appreciate each one of you, I want to get this over with.:sorry:
 
I don't usually do unleaded, but I like my coffee too...maybe consider picking up some decaf? :mcoffee:
Try not to check it too often...dont want to raise your BP worrying about your BP.:unsure:
 
I agree, told my husband we need some decaf coffee and I'll drink it. I am not a big fan of decaf but maybe it will at least help. If need be, guess I'll drink just water :groan:I love green tea too but also need decaf in that too. I have been checking 3x a day and keeping a log but it may be too much.
 
Yes, I cut out coffee, stopped my nsaids 2 weeka before surgery, etc. I hope you can manage with tylenol only. I went through the same pre op blood pressure stress as you know. Please do all the little things that add up to help you, heating pad if that helps etc. It all adds up. You are going to be fine
 
@VSlowLife It seems I'm spending a lot of time in the recliner, it helps with the pain. I try to get a few things done in the way of housework then start hurting when up and about so go to the recliner.
 
Last edited:
@Steelmanpa So far today I've only had Tylenol, doesn't seem any worse with pain but not trying to do much of anything. My husband picked up some Decaf coffee, going to cut down over a couple days. I checked my BP this afternoon and it was good, just have to take a day at a time. I see my OS tomorrow morning. It's amazing the affects nsaids and even coffee have on blood pressure and especially pain.
 
@MEPil You sound like me, up, recliner, up, recliner......
When I switched to decaf (instant) I found I needed a little more flavor, and mixed in a bit of powder cocoa and a bit of cinnamon.
Glad your BP was good this morning. Hopefully if will continue that way.
 
Good luck with your appointment tomorrow @MEPil. You are doing some good things that will certainly help your blood pressure.
Practicing some deep, diaphragmatic breathing can help, too.
I drink tons of decaf green tea. It's my favorite.
 
@MEPil ..let me join in wishing you all positive outcomes with your appointment tomorrow. You are doing all the right things and just have a short time to go..dont push youself into painful activities, rest, and keep a positive outlook..we have limped a mile in your shoes! I am even fantasizing about my first martini in a month...:martini::martini:
 
I know exactly how you feel .... My second THR is scheduled for Tues and I can't wait .... I had my first done in July and i feel 30 years old on that side.. I am so sick of pain and limited abilities... All the best and you will not regret your decision.... Best of luck to you ... and to me ...
 
@VSlowLife, hadn't thought of adding cocoa to the decaf or cinnamon but will try it. I'm definitely not a fan of decaf but am determined to drink it until I'm on the recovery side.
 
@CricketHip I love green tea too. This decaf, not so much but, will tolerate it.
I was given a hand head breathing device I'm supposed to use for a few days before surgery too so that should help with the BP too.
 
@Steelmanpa, how are you feeling by now? Can you manage getting up to a standing position and sitting down better? Maybe enjoying a dinner out and a Martini isn't far off.
So far I am managing just ok with just the Tylenol. I can tell a difference though, more stiffness, harder to sit and stand. This decaf though,:scare:. Gotta do this!!
 
@Bob S, wow, you are just about there, my very best to you. I am so ready to get this behind me, I hope I can say, like you, I feel like my hip is 30 years old again.:bicycle1:
That has been awhile back for me. This pain and disability is awful to deal with.
 
Wanted to let you all know my pre op appointment news from this morning. He took another set of x Ray's, bone on bone and Spurs. He gave me a copy( for my refrigerator) :heehee: told me he'd give me an after surgery copy later. My BP was a bit high still. They will call me about the time to be at the hospital. I will most likely spend the night. He also told me my other hip looks great so far, that was very good news, maybe I won't have to ever get it done.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom