Now it's the Hip

:flwrysmile: Thank you all for the encouragement you each are to me, don't know what I'd do without you all. Even though we all have never met, I'm proud to call you friends.:)

:loveshwr: We are BoneSmart buddies! For sure!
Can you even believe that your time is almost here? I think the last several days zip by pretty fast. I wish that for you, too. How's the decaf green tea treating you? I love Chamomile Tea, too.. I drink it in a brand called Sleepy tea nightly.
 
I haven't gotten any decaffeinated tea yet but have cut it down to mainly water and decaf coffee. Really miss my caffeinated coffee but am tolerating the decaf, for now.
In one way, time is going fast but in another, it seems so slow. I would have liked to get more done around the house before the surgery but it can wait. My husband has been doing a lot and has his hands full. He's a big help.
 
Relax this weekend, my soon to be hip pain free pal... and don't worry about the things undone...

Hope your weekend is sweet.:loveshwr:
 
Last edited:
@MEPil thank you for asking. I have minor pains except for that groin/thigh zinger. I understand your weariness going from one joint replacement to another. Its now six months since this thing changed my life and how I wish every day that dawns is the one where I can put the walker away and go to just a cane to get my freedom back.
Just impatient on my end. Wow you are first on Tuesday...great news..you will be fine and probably be getting to a cane before me...Positive thoughts, stay even keeled, you have this under control!
 
@MEPil Glad to hear you are doing well with decaffeinated beverage choices. hopefully after surgery you can have a bit of caffeine again.
What I hear on this forum, hip surgery is an easier recovery, compared to the knee surgery. Since you have weathered one knee surgery, you and your husband are more prepared than most people for your surgery and healing time. You may be using some familiar tools from the knee surgery to recover from the hip surgery, too.
Thankfully you have @Steelmanpa who is a bit ahead of you to give you some insight, as I am sure others will along the way.
 
Best wishes for Tuesday and a pain free recovery. The hip is much easier than the knee for recovery. Motion is all natural and you do not have to work on flexion/extension, just some heel toe walking if you have been limping a lot to get a natural gait back. The rest is all just slow and steady with walking and it all comes back. Just think, you will be able to get to all the house stuff in a few months, it will wait for you. It is great that your husband is being so helpful.
 
@Mojo333, @ @Steelmanpa @VSlowLife @leejaa,.
Thank each one of you for your encouragement and support this morning. Earlier I finished watching 2 of 4 videos sent to me from the Hospital covering the aspects of my hip replacement surgery. A bit unnerving in a few areas but over all, excellent information and coverage. It is registered with my hospital account, so had to finish watching them, they know. I did force myself to clean up both bathrooms, so worst of that is over for now.:) :-) (:
I do think we have all the tools for recovery we'll need, I hope. After two knee replacements, we are in supply.
I plan to just kick back for the rest of the day.
So very anxious to get through the recovery door. Hope you all have a great pain free weekend
 
@MEPil You’re welcome. Yay, cross off cleaned bathrooms!
Regarding the videos, I think your hospital must feel knowledge is power and and contributes to a better outcome. If the video was a bit graphic, it can be unnerving. I am a bit different. I would be watching it and marveling at how well structures can be moved about.
The wonderful thing is that the surgery has been perfected over the decades, along with the tools, and they continue to make it an easier surgery to recover from.
You know you are a good healer from your knee surgery. You have done everything you could do, including avoiding caffeine to have a successful outcome.
 
:hi:
It sounds so disconcerting - or did to me - hip replacement!?!
We deserve a pain free happy life, which is a what my hip replacements surgery gave me.
I know the anxiety...dont read about negatives or problems. Too close now.
Go into it with the mindset that it truly is the answer..

You willl do great.
 
Last edited:
@VSlowLife @Mojo333 the video wasn't graphic, it was the risk factors and results that were unnerving. They tell you the worst case outcome that can happen. We all know there are risks but still unnerving to me. They definitely inform a person. I got the same type videos when I had my knee replacement last year and it hit me the same way.:flabber:
 
@MEPil I agree. The risk factors are very sobering to say the least. They have to cover that legally.
The first surgeon I saw this year seemed to stress most that my bone could break during surgery. The second cited many more risks than the first, but said my bones look good on the x-ray. I think you just have to go with your gut, change any factors that are in your control, like you have been doing, and hope for the best outcome, when you weigh it against your pain/function level.
If my memory serves me correctly, I think you may have lost some weight ahead of this surgery, which also is in your favor.
 
@VSlowLife, it is all very sobering to think what our body goes through and what we deal with. Weight Wise, I'm ok and the blood pressure has come down so really have to trust in God and my OS.
I am just hours away now from the surgery. Just pulled a roast/potatoes and carrots out of the oven for my husband, gotten my bag ready for the hospital so going to try to rest.
 
@MEPil Your kitchen must smell divine.
Yes, we do put our bodies through things, and each time I am nervous in a different way. I have had eight or nine different surgeries, and I am amazed, how it managed to heal.
I am wishing you the best of outcomes.
I will keep you in my prayers, and when you are ready, let us know how you are doing.
 
@VSlowLife you have definitely endured a lot. I wish you the very best and hope you are doing well. Thank you for walking through this with me, everyone on here have been great. I do plan to start a recovery thread soon.
 
@MEPil well your time is fast approaching, good deal that you have the first slot in the morning. With luck you can be sipping some full caf coffee by lunchtime! well

Wishing you the best tomorrow for an uneventful surgery and as pain free a start to your recovery as possible. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! You've got this!
:angel:
 
And if you're feeling up to it tonight you might want to go on Post Op side and start your recovery thread so it's ready when you're feeling up to posting. We look forward to hearing from you when you're up to it after the surgery, no pressure, when you're ready.
:friends:
 
Hi @MEPil
Best wishes for tomorrow. :friends:
We'll be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing from you once you're resting comfortably and feeling up to it.
Wishing you comfort and all the best. See you on the flip side soon! :wave:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom