Now it's the Hip

@MEPil things are a little easier, standing, sitting etc. All these gains are incremental, things are a little easier each day until they add up to to something bigger. Even getting in and out of bed.but now its the home stretch for you, and getting rid of all the referred pain, which should happen and be a revelation. I guess its a double edge sword not moving to avoid pain, but you need some motion for your muscles to help make recovery easier....you will be joining us in the post op section soon !!!!
 
@Steelmanpa, I won't know hardly how to react without all the pain. I talked to him about my new right knee(9-18-18) and how it is so painful and he reassured me that would go away. It's the referred pain from my hip. I have never been able to totally get off the cane since I got it replaced. Kept trying until we knew the hip was bad. He is sending me to PT and he said they will do gate training with me. I do know the Therapist there and they know what I've been dealing with.
You sound like you are doing better, that's great.
 
I had trouble switching to decaf green tea, too.
Then I found Paul Newmans brand. I love it!
 
@Jaycey Correct, a tablespoon has about 8 mg, but I only use a teaspoon for a little flavoring in an 8 ounce serving of decaf. A typical cup of coffee is about 95 mg. So less than 3 mg of caffeine in a teaspoon.
I had all this Hershey’s powdered cocoa left over from my mom’s former home and thought to myself, “How can I use this up in a healthy way?”
@MEPil I stand corrected.
 
Paul Newman Tea, I didn't know he has a tea brand, will have to try that. I'm trying a hot cup of green tea with some real honey(local) this morning, it's good. My husband got Folgers ground decaf, but sure not our regular brand. I'll survive, got to.
 
Not too much longer...
I know that there are some wonderful foods that have also been proven to help lower bp.
Since strawberries and dark chocolate are on the list, I vote for hubby to find dark chocolate covered strawberries for a daily treat.:tada:
Food for your body AND food for your soul.
Hope you can relax and have a wonderful weekend @MEPil
 
When we were in New Orleans I bought some Community Decaf coffee. It brews very rich. You might be able to get it on Amazon and give it a try for that richer strong flavor.
 
@MEPil
You'll notice that I have merged two of your thread with the same name, because it's confusing to have more than one.
Please don't start more threads with the same title.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've just found a third thread with the same title, so they're all merged now - just the one thread with the same title.
 
Hi @MEPil
I hope you are hanging in there and ready to get this hip recovery show on the road!
You need your life back. :friends:
 
@MEPil You are in the quiet, lay low time just before surgery..managing pain as best as possible, probably a bit hopeful, excited and a little anxious too...You have been through TKR and this is a bit easier as everyone says so you are experienced in these processes (though we would all rather not have had to, right?)
Keep focusing on the end goal and follow the program post op- we will be following you!
I can't fully express how helpful the folks here have been with information and support and am so thankful for them !
 
@Steelmanpa, you have hit it right on the mark. I am getting very anxious to get it over with but at the same time nervous too. It seems like for the past several years, with my right knee and now the hip, it's a constant challenge of trying to overcome. I'm trying to stay positive though.
Everyone on here are great people and I really appreciate each one.
How are you doing by now? Hope the pain level is under control good for you.
It's just 5 days away now. My surgery is scheduled for 8:00 AM and I have to be at the hospital by 5:30AM. My OS office called this morning, I'm first on his schedule.
 
Will be thinking of you on Tuesday. There will be many good thoughts, vibes, prayers going up on your behalf. I'm excited for you to lose the pain and get on with your life. As you are too. Wishing you comfort as you wait out these last few days. You'll soon be doing the happy dance :happydance: Well, maybe not physically, but in your mind.:wink:
Have a lovely weekend!
@MEPil
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom