Guest viewing is limited

THR No More Setbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tweefishy
You have every right to blow a gasket! Tears are healing and will allow you to refresh after you are spent. Now- your job situation will work its way out, I am sure. That saying about God shutting a door and then opening a widow may be just what will happen for you. I am sorry about your struggles and life challenges. I am saddened by your miscarriages and pray for you and your husband as you grieve through this trying time. You are in my prayers as you wind your way through the difficult laws and decisions for your father in law. He is so blessed to have you in his family to help him have dignity at the end of his life. You are definitely an inspiration to those who complain about the little things that don't matter! You have inspired me for sure~ thank you for sharing your story. So with all of that said, remember to put up your feet and ice and rest and gather strength to move forward through this journey we call life. :hiking:
 
Thank you. Sullivand, Copsham, Donor, Suzette, Cynthia7777, Jacee, and all the love senders out there. I'm emotionally exhausted and cannot formulate words for a proper thanks, but your words filled my heart today. I'll re-read them over and over to lift me up through this ordeal. Good night loves.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
@Tweefishy I'm glad your job teleconference was not as awful as you anticipated - though it sounds like it could have been better. With all you've been through I'm impressed with your ability to handle what's thrown at you! You are a strong lady! About time to have a temper tantrum at the Universe, I'd say ( LOL I did that once when the sh*t was piled up to my hair line - truly threw an epic tantrum screaming at the Universe to get off my back - and that none of what was going on at the time was my fault. Amazingly that actually did help - with in 3 weeks about 90% of the problems were resolved in my favor - including a new job with much better pay and benefits. I was about your age when that took place ).

What part of Oregon is your father-in-law in? When you come out - if you need anything - I'm in Portland. PM me here if you'd like phone number or any other info!!!!! It is possible that the wishy-washy doctor is being that way because he personally disapproves of the Death With Dignity statute and for what ever reason does not want to aid your f-i-l in anyway. Sad but there are doctors who feel that way. It may be necessary for your f-i-l to find a different doctor who can be more decisive in his prognosis.

In the mean time my prayers go up for you, your husband, and your whole family :prayer:
 
@djklaugh,
You are 100% right on all counts and I'm googling to find solutions. So a screaming tantrum at the universe might be the trick??! Damn, I blew my valve here, with angry finger pecking on my phone keyboard. I was screaming in my head does that count?!?
We watched my husbands grandmother progress rapidly with alzeimers and at the time thought that was the worst. ALS is far worse because the mind knows what's happening. It is mind blowing how fast it progresses too. And this sweet older man sent ME a huge bouquet of flowers for my hip surgery and keeps asking about MY recovery. Talk about amazing mental strength! It's hard to let pity party last too long for yourself, when your trying to get better to go see someone truly beyond recovery of his 79th bday.

I have planned an amazing bday night for him. He's a diehard Native American at heart. Camped in tepee's his whole life. So we will set it up in the back yard, have a small fire inside for easy snacks, give him his new Pendleton spirit guide blankie we found online yesterday, smudge the area which also keeps away the mosquitoes!, and try out his cherished peace pipe with the herbal blends of kinnickinick we found online. I bought the one with mullein, lobelia, mugwort, and other lung clearing herbs so if he tries it, maybe it'll help, but got teas too just in case, as that much expectorant could set him off too much. Then spend the night listening to old tales and documenting them. Of course we'll be wearing beautiful, intricately beaded items he's made over the years and drum with his hand made drums. One last hoorah to cleanse, lift and energize all of our spirits, especially his. I did the Internet hunting, but had my husband choose between top 3 picks for everything. It's really hard on him. Decisions made, now just heal as much as possible in preparation for trip.

As for my hip: I can walk a quarter mile finally!!!! With crutches for balance and gait perfecting. But I felt like I could do even more just didn't want another night spent awake in pain. I slept well, so I'll try to go a bit farther today. I'm mobile at home during the day. I can walk well with one crutch most of the day to do household chores and kitchen/ bathroom trips. Tooshie itches as the muscles and nerves wake up during walks but what a bizarre feeling. I'm on my way again after what turned out to be a full 2 wk set back in healing from a mere near fall. I don't know how the bilateral crew did it!! Or with broken feet or infections! I wish I could throw parties for all of us!!!! For now i'll celebrate our fierce, tenacious, spirits and stay focussed on healing. Love and hugs ya'll!




RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
@Tweefishy Oh I love what you are planning for your dear F-I-L!!! That sounds so perfect. Is he a member of a specific tribe? If yes you might look to the tribe for some assistance for him - most of the tribes do have excellent services available for their members. My S-I-L is Native American - Grand Ronde and Siletz tribes - and is currently running for tribal council . I think she knows a lot about services in Oregon that might be available. Let me know if you'd like me to ask her anything.
 
@Tweefishy: I am so happy to hear you had a good day yesterday. You sound like a remarkable person to be able to handle all the anguish you have on your plate. I cannot imagine going through what you are. Blessings and prayers to you and your family.
 
@djklaugh,
So a screaming tantrum at the universe might be the trick??! Damn, I blew my valve here, with angry finger pecking on my phone keyboard. I was screaming in my head does that count?!? RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015

When I was a under huge stress sometime back with several family things going on, i was in my car on an empty motor way and I screamed out loud about everything, I surprised myself, so much release. Haven't tried it again.

@djklaugh,

I have planned an amazing bday night for him. He's a diehard Native American at heart. Camped in tepee's his whole life. So we will set it up in the back yard, have a small fire inside for easy snacks, give him his new Pendleton spirit guide blankie we found online yesterday, smudge the area which also keeps away the mosquitoes!, and try out his cherished peace pipe with the herbal blends of kinnickinick we found online.

RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015


Sounds wonderful. Can I come?
 
@Tweefishy You are doing fantastic in unbearable circumstances! It's so hard to watch our significant others go through pain, but I found during my M-I-L's surprise death that it's the in-laws who can really rally and carry them through. It's a special way we can serve them.

Do look after yourself as well! You still need special care too!
 
At 5 wks today, I'm walking without a limp for very short distances, getting better and stronger each day. Relearning how to actually shift my weight to my titanium side is difficult after years of limping and trying not to share weight with that side. This is proving to be my most difficult challenge now, to undo what yrs of pain taught me.
My toosh is healing right along and we are ready for our Oregon trip this wk. it's a long drive but we're taking memory foam to make a bed in the back of our SUV for me. I'll bring a bunch of ice packs in one cooler to swap out all day. This is going to have to do since it time to focus on my father in law. Hopefully we've sufficiently planned.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Hi @Tweefishy I too kept walking funny due to learnt behaviour of trying to protect the left hip, prior to getting a new one. I had to consciously tell my self out loud at every step 'stand straight and heel toe..' every one thought I was going potty. It did work after a while and I realised I could stand straight and put weight on what was my bad leg.

Good luck with your trip, sounds like you are prepared. I hope the visit to Oregan is a good and happy one under the circumstances.

Love to your father in law and look after yourself too. :flwrysmile:
 
@Tweefishy Have a safe and comfortable trip! Suggest you stop and get out of the car and walk around - about every hour or so. That will help keep circulation going and help you not get stiff and achy.

"This is proving to be my most difficult challenge now, to undo what yrs of pain taught me. " I think this is true for anyone who limped for a long time. I know it was true for me :) Gotta retrain all those muscles to walk normal - the new normal :egypdance:
 
Have a good trip, keep hydrated - that was my downfall when i went on a long trip. Enjoy your wonderful sounding occasion and hope it is everything your father in law would wish for.
 
Thank you for all the kind msgs and support. Much appreciated!

The trip is off to a bumpy start. Huge wild fire near hwy had us worried for an hr or so, then the hotel gave my pre-reserved handicap room away to someone else. I swear the toilet in the room we got was made for an Ewok. Called around, everyone else booked and no handicap rooms avail, so we rolled up towels to give he toilet more height. Still can't pee since all muscles tighten due to being so low and in pain. Drinking water to help with pressure and maybe overcome this, but it's 1 am and we're leaving super early to be at the in-laws by noon. Oi vey! I'm open to ideas! (I'll spare you the details, but let it suffice to say, the GoGirl portable penis I bought is not ideal during menstruation, and even it it worked, there's still the other end that needs a taller seat too!

This just goes to show, you can plan, you can check your lists twice, but an Ewok toilet can still screw you up!

I saw my OS for my 5 wk check in yest. Healing well and on schedule for the amount chiseling he did in there. OS wrote me off of work for the next 1.5 mos due to long commute, physical job mandating movement within the forbidden by 3-mos-restriction zones for a posterior hippie, and a boss who wouldn't even describe the duties I'd be doing if I returned before restrictions lifted so...... Ain't nothin' to do but let time heal me.

I've been seeing a Chiro 2x per wk to keep my neck and back happy which reduces the number of migraines I get by stopping my back spasms and nerve pain triggered by a bulging disc made worse by my almost fall. She keeps my pelvis aligned, does trigger point releases for my crazy sciatic pain, and speeds healing, decreases edema, and reduces pain utilizing cold laser therapy treatments and adjustments, I'm FINALLY making strides. It ain't cheap, but after sooo many horror stories on here yielding tendinitis, groin pain, fractures, etc, I do not want to risk that ending. After yrs of pain, I want the rest of my life to include walking pain fee!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom