Guest viewing is limited

THR No More Setbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Tweefishy well you did have rather a start to your journey. I had to google what a go girl was! the images I had in my head were getting a little confused!! It actually seems to be a very good idea. So did you manage to pee in the end?

I hope today is a better day for you and you get there ok too.

Do let us know how everything goes..

I am actually thinking of some chiro. I have a work insurance that pays for this and acupuncture, so I may well make use of it. Feel like I need everything loosened up.

Keep safe and well

Xx
 
I can't imagine towels cutting it on the toilet. Can you ask the front desk to move you to a handicapped room when it becomes available? And/or pick up a plastic riser from a drug store or Walmart?

Remember to be good to you!
 
Raising the toilet see via rolled up towels was an epic fail. Pee'ed all over the floor. As for poo'ing, well I'm just gonna wait till the last sec if that needs to happen this morning.

Imagine, if inclined to do so, clinging to walls like Spider-Man to lower yourself down to an elf toilet, trying to hold towels in place once down but somehow missing the elf hole entirely, and peeing all over your jammies and the floor. For f***'s sake!!!!!! This is why we made a reservation for the handi-cripple room!!!!!!!!! Ooooh, they will be reimbursing us at least half the money for the room. ( please recall the raised toilet is how I hurt myself at end of week 2).

@Suzette: another hippie and I went into details about the portable penis on her thread. The US has the GoGirl, and the Aussie's have the SheWee. It's a hilarious thread, you can search for it if you like using product names above for key words.

It is BRILLIANT for a normal pee with no handicap bathroom!!!!! I practiced in the shower for a few days before trying with clothes on at a toilet, and the finally braving in public. I find you have to slow the flow stream a bit to make sure it doesn't get too full too fast but it is the best purchase I've made in years!!!!! No more disgusting public restrooms, fits in a ziplock Baggie in your purse, easy peasy!!!!

BUT, ooooohhh why does there have to be a but?!?!?! I am blessed (insert sarcasm) with insanely heavy, clot-ty, periods thanks to the ever so lovely stage 3/4 endometriosis, so peeing in a funnel of sorts would lead to huge mess till this fun part of the month is over.

So I lay here fearing my next obstacle..... The shower/tub combo. Will need to wake my exhausted hugs to have him help me in and out. There are no bars in it so this will be a fast shower indeed with little moving. Unfortunately a necessary evil today, hot weather mixed with above info.... Not skipping showering today :/ oh my.

I do hope things go smoothly from here out. It's gonna be a long week!!!! Check out theses ominous pics from yesterday's wild fire....

[Bonesmart.org] No More Setbacks
[Bonesmart.org] No More Setbacks
[Bonesmart.org] No More Setbacks






RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
@Suzette: "I am actually thinking of some chiro. I have a work insurance that pays for this and acupuncture, so I may well make use of it. Feel like I need everything loosened up."

I'm happy to go into detail about Chiro tips once we get in the road. Are u in US? Familiar with Yelp?


@agile hippie: As you can tell from above story, you were quite right, towells do not transform an elf toilet into mrs clauses throne!!!! Oi vay! I tried with what we had and arriving late so stores were closed. I didn't buy a snap on style toilet riser since I'd done my homework and made a handicap bathroom request on reservation. Did my best :/ will be googling to find one of those risers today on the way to Bend Oregon from Mt. Shasta.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Hi @Tweefishy I am going to get one of those she wee/go girls, the amount of time I have sat on stingers or had to use those portable loos..

Am in the UK and my boss pays for it, so you just go and book in and pay up then get your money back from the insurance company. I went to a lady for my neck and back, she was a gentle chiropractor and also used acupuncture. The one I saw before her was the bone cracking type, she cracked my lower back a few times before deciding I should have an MR she also charged a lot of money....had MRI and I had been having bone cracking with 2 bulging discs....didn't go back to her again, she seriously hurt my already injured back!

I will talk with the surgeon on Friday first, but feel it will help, am getting a lot of next pain at the moment too.
Those pictures show a scary and frightening scene.

hope you get to your F.I.L ok with no more set backs.

X
 
@Suzette make sure you ask Chiro lots of questions before booking.... What would you do for someone recovering from THR with added problems of x y z? Do you need me to bring xrays of back neck pelvis? Answer should be YES!!!! How do you typically loose someone up before adjustments? Typically ice and stim, heat, massage, thumper massage thing. Do you incorporate use of acupressure, acupuncture, essential oils, reflexology, cold laser therapy and/or cranial sacral work into your practice? I could be the poster child for endorsing cold laser therapy! Look into it! I swear it works on a cellular level to release muscles, reduce pain and swelling, break up scar tissue and expedite healing. It is the most useful part of my Chiro visits. 20 min of cold laser on 2-3 areas each visit: hip, toosh, sciatic nerve, low back and pelvis for psoas relief. Make sure they are gentle and tell you what they are going to do before they do it so you have a chance to revise it to work better for you or simply veto the idea altogether.

As for my trip, said to hell with the shower. In enough pain from the elf toilet. Made use of baby wipes and texturizing hair spray! Time to go!




RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Hiya @Tweefishy are you there yet? :) yes, wipes I never go anywhere with out those, especially when camping, oh and 'dry' shampoo, and as long as I have my eye liner I think I look ok , even when I probably don't :heehee:

Thank you so much for those hints and tips for what I need to ask the chiropractor, it is really helpful :loveshwr: and I will ask if I can have copies of my xrays when I see the OS tomorrow. I have my list for him too!

well I am not sure when the party is arranged for but I hope things are ok, as much as they can be :flwrysmile: xx
 
@Tweefishy you certainly did all you could ahead of time to attempt to cover the toilet issue! I hope that Plan J or K has finally resolved it for you! One additional thought was perhaps the hotel has a public restroom with a handicapped toilet. Absolutely not ideal, but at least you could get a few comfortable uses out of it....?

Toilet issues aside, I'm thinking of you and hoping your trip is as enjoyable and successful as possible! :console2:
 
Hi @Tweefishy
Have you reached there yet? Lost in the middle of USA? Hope all goes well at your FIL's party. I think there will be a few of us gatecrashing it! Take care.
 
@Tweefishy Just catching up. :sneaker:
Hope the birthday ceremonies was/are everything they need to be.
Having no Native American connections, I still found the ceremonies the medicine man at the VA where I worked to be a positive force in my life and for the patients.
Have a safe trip and watch out for the wildfires - fire season seems to be getting longer each year - we've already had four or five in Arizona (it's not all desert).

Love the Go-Girl: great info on the web site, am going to order today! Nothing like being on a four or five hour trail ride with guys and gals and having to get off to pee while holding your horse while the guys politely look the other way. Interesting that it was originally developed by a dentist to help his disabled Mom.
 
I am looking forward to my new thing, everyone here, at home, seem a bit worried on what I may start doing, they are all men .......I will be taking it on holiday as the amount of times I have tried to go girl style near the road and just couldn't go, now I will lean on a tree with one hand and do the business with the other. People will either be very confused or think I am admiring the view:heehee:
 
@Legin on reading this thread last night I thought we need a "women only" section but I am sure if you can bear it so can the "girls"

when a girl's got to go, a girl's got to go!!
 
Weird isn't it after having two children etc I still literally get embarrassed so easily. A number years ago friends had a wee mini sweepstake on how quickly I would to red. 32 seconds..won it.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
We are back from a very loooong week. I slept almost the entire day, and I'm still tired! My FIL's celebration was fabulous and all weekend long. He passed down some amazing skills to us to carry on, and gave us many favorite items. I'm not sure if we will see him again, but if this was out last visit, it was beautiful, emotional, and soul satisfying.
My husband and I took an extra day to get home to relax and reflect. Now it's time to catch up on more sleep. Thank you for all of the soul boositing messages. Much appreciated.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Hi @Tweefishy
What a wonderful, meaningful occasion. I wish you lots of lovely sleep before you get going again!
 
@Tweefishy welcome back to hippie town. Sounds like a very meaningful trip for everyone. I hope your body held up well with everything being different and all the stress that travel brings. We are glad you are back too. Xo
 
Hope you are OK that was a point nine on Richter scale of emotion.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom