Guest viewing is limited

THR No More Setbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tweefishy
Had never heard of cold laser; just looked it up.
I bet it is good, my PT uses the electrical whatever is called (TEMS?) and it really help me
I can see where you amputee therapist would give you a whole different perspective. I just went to the OS office today and an X ray Tech was missing a hand and managing wonderfully it is so humbling.
I'm. So sorry about you having to give up you managers position at work and take a step back
I have no doubt that it will all work out in the end won't hurt you in the long run.
I have short term disability thru work and this week the I durance Co wanted to know when I'm going back to work and I have to go on long term provided the Dr can justify
I'm thinking of a phased return at 9 weeks
What do you think ? I do computer design work at a desk.
@Constanze
Today was 1st time I got on an excercise bike at PT
I did just 5 min but I loved it
I have a nice recumbent at home that I will start using now that its ok
You know I broke my hip as a result of a bicycle accident
I don't know if Ill ride again
My wife told me that I have to ride a 3 wheel bike
Experience tells me I should listen to her but ??
 
Today was quite the day. First I was ecstatic for tying my shoe for the first time since surgery, and going out and about for the second day in a row with no cane, but then, I tripped over a shoe, did a stumble rivaling Jack Ritter in Threes Company, ultimately landing face down, 1/2 on the couch, 1/2 on the floor. Quite the spectacle I presume and followed by some hefty pain.
One hour a shoe is the cause for joy, and a few hrs later, the object of contempt. Arghhhhh!!!!! I was doing so well!!!!!!! I sincerely hope this stumble doesn't set me back like the last one. Maybe just a day or two please!
I have the house to myself this weekend, so lots of ice, cheesy girl movies, and TLC. Plus a trip to my Chiro tomorrow to help calm this thing down. Oi vey.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Chiro is a grand idea. Sorry about the fall its always both scarey and infuriating as you try to get back up. Rest well lass and chill out with your movies, I like the old black and white films.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I sincerely hope this stumble doesn't set me back like the last one.
So sorry to hear about your fall. From my experience, you will probably be sore and feel bruised in all sorts of places. The jar of a fall can cause a bit of trauma to areas still in healing mode. Ice and rest if you can. We are going to have to get you a bubble wrap suit! :heehee:
 
hi @Tweefishy I haven't been getting notifications of your posts !!

I will catch up when I get back from the hospital.

I am so sorry you tripped over that shoe, how are things now?

Back soon xx
 
@Legin I love the ol' Fred and Gene movies. Black and white I love Lucy episodes are my favorite to this day!!!! Thanks for the reminder!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
@Jacey oh how the bubble wrap takes me back! My sisters used to constantly call me bubble girl since I was the clumsiest and most fragile thing around the year I grew almost an entire foot. If you just looked at me funny, something would break.

I blame the hussy who hit one of my stepsons friends cars right in front of our house yesterday. I propped our front door open with a pair of shoes so they could come in when they were done exchanging info, then promptly tripped over the damn things. We like to blame the teen hussy's for everything, how about this too! ;)


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Rats! Back on the roller coaster! If you have a history of less-than-graceful movements (as have I), you might want to ask your chiro or PT? about working on balance.

My OS's instructions at my 4-week follow-up were:
  1. Don't fall down.
  2. Don't fall down.
  3. Don't fall down.
I bought a BOSU ball, and plan to use it to work on my own balance issues. As long as I can avoid falling off while practicing!
 
Hi @Tweefishy , how are the aches and pains? Did you have many after the fall? It's great you have got out and about more and I hope you can still do that after your shoe mishap

I have unwatched your thread and started watching again and that seems to have resolved the notifications.

See you later x
 
We like to blame the teen hussy's for everything, how about this too! ;)
Might as well! Hope you are icing and elevating a bit.
I bought a BOSU ball, and plan to use it to work on my own balance issues. As long as I can avoid falling off while practicing!
:heehee: I had a major balance problem post LTHR. Turns out a leg length difference really made an impact. Easy does it agileHippie!
 
Attach bosu ball to you then trip boing......

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Sorry I'm in a yillis doom. Also backwards again

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I've been nursing my hip for 2 days since I lost my battle with a shoe. I'm deflated. I was finally feeling good, moving well, and could see returning to work in 2 wks... But now?!? Seriously stressed and not at all feeling positive. Grr.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Its OK. This is but a wee reminder of this process, these things happen even with fall you are better than before

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I am so glad you wrote that @Legin. And you are 100% correct. Even now, I AM better than my hip was before. Thank you for reminding me how far I've come, despite the falls.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
I'm excited today and getting ready for a lunch date with the lovely Donor. We make up the East Bay crew on Bone Smart ;) Cheers to new friendships!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Now you are making me homesick. I am originally from NorCal! Enjoy your lunch meeting!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom