Guest viewing is limited

THR No More Setbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is @Tweefishy and @donor what a nice time! !!
[Bonesmart.org] No More Setbacks
 
Had a lovely time with donor. Good chat, good food, good time. Crazy how even in the pic, my op leg shows me standing funny, on the outer edge? For so many years I had to walk that way to help keep my hip in the socket and clearly I have lots of brain retraining to do!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Ooh you had to walk with your foot on your outer foot to stop your hip popping out....oooh my how awful , you will crack it though xx not your hip ...the habit of holding your foot as you are used to :)
 
My op leg shows me standing funny, on the outer edge?
I have the same issues. But I figure I walked all wonky for many years. The situation is not going to correct itself overnight. I just try and focus on heel, toe walking and planting both feet firmly as much as possible.
 
I tell you, these hip implants are pretty darn sturdy, but holy heck!!!! The pain after my last fall is crazy! Hip, back, knee all bad. I walked for a long time today utilizing a gravity releasing treadmill... A device that lifts you off the ground partially with air to relieve joint weight baring pain. Felt good while walkin , but once done, and back to normal gravity, Oi vey!!!! Then, still had to go to Target...more walking. Oi vey. So his girls toosh is on ice while the vodka's chillin' in the freezer! Doc won't refil my pain meds until tuesday, so I guess it's gonna be a lovely weekend with more alcohol then I've drunk in ten years. One more week till I return to work. This flared up pain better settle down!!!!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my you are hurting. I used to drink loads of vodka now I cant drink anything, I suddenly went off alcohol the same time I went off coffee. I did try half a pint of real ale last weekend and got home and slept for 4 hours. It went straight to my head. I reckon I need to buy a barrel of it and have half a pint every night....I may investigate that idea.

I do hope that pain clears up soon. Try not to think about work its stressy, just chill out with some vodka xxooxx
Ps do you think you should cut out the PT until the pain goes??
 
Chortle you should try Merry Monk ale truly a quaffing of the gods. Re pain control try to do the old dark room v v soothing music and concentrate your breathing. Oh be careful with the alchyfrol as it has a tendency to increase risks of falls

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin right merry monk next..it was very weird, it just made me feel really relaxed and off to sleep I went. Yes, @Tweefishy make sure you are in the lying down position when having a tipple, you really don't want to be falling down again !! x
 
I went to the beach for the first time today! Actually Down to the sand, and sitting/ laying on a blanket! It was wonderful. My husband and I had a chance to reflect on the last few crazy years of my surgeries and finally made some decisions and goals for this coming year with my new hip on board. Now to get going on them!
I'm back to using a cane since my tumble over a shoe. Oh well.... At this point, I know I'm still better off than I was before surgery. I'm still out of meds and trying to manage with Tylenol and Motrin. No, it is not effective!
I have a dental apt this coming week. Does anyone know how we're supposed to take the antibiotics? When to start, how many? How long to take em?

RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
I have a dental apt this coming week. Does anyone know how we're supposed to take the antibiotics? When to start, how many? How long to take em?
You need to get this information from your GP or dentist. In most cases antibiotics are no longer prescribed for dental appointments unless there is some serious work done. HOWEVER - I was told to wait at least 6 months post op before having any dental work done. Please ask before your appointment.
 
I too have reverted to a cane after my physio made it so obvious with the use of mirrors how my gait was only going to improve by walking properly and allow everything to settle as it should be. In the UK there is a major question re over use of antibiotics and the ever moving line where they no longer work. I have just finished a v strong course but can only think of five times I have had antibiotics.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Tweefishy
I was told by my OS..no dental work...even cleanings..for 6 months. But my OS is very old school, too, even though he's young. But, by all means, check with either your OS or GP before heading out to your dental appt, just to be safe.
BTW...nice pic of you and @donor.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Tweefishy I hope you are feeling a bit less pain xx.oh I would love to be able to sit on the beach, how lovely :ok:

Hope you can do that a few more times before next week, and try not to think about next week. I am taking each day at a time and trying not to think about it. I do seem to think about retiring a lot though, thats just a dream though, but as now things/pain are not quite as bad as they were a few weeks ago, I have loads of things I fancy doing now. Oh well..

We must all keep smiling xxx
 
Asleep at 1 am & awake at 4. Between the pain with no meds and knowing after that fall last week, returning to work in 10 days is going to be beyond hard. I only have two weeks of part time before returning full scale. And since this was a new job I started before this whole mess, I have to rely on the MIA boss to train/ direct me a bit in the beginning. I've been away longer than I was there!
I've never walked away from a challenge but this one is seemingly going to be rough.
I am working on a plan B but I don't expect that to come to fruition right away, but who knows, I'm most certainly praying on this one!!!

My husband and I spent the day converting our recently vacated 3rd bedroom, turning it into a guest room/ office/ art room. Sounds simple enough, but this created a ripple effect in regards to each piece moved in or out requiring dusting, vacuuming, and then reorganizing rooms we stole pieces from to look right with missing furniture. It took all day and we now have a garage full of **** to sort through, plus completely full trash and recycle bins. Oi vey! At least a to of clutter in the house I me gone which is lovely!!!!!! I'd love to have a garage sale and make a lil $$ from all this stuff but they are sooooo much work!!! Easier to just donate it all. We still have to put our bedroom and the family room back together as we moved every piece of furniture to one wall so I'd have a walkways.... Maybe next weekend.
Now that I got this all off my chest, patted myself on the back for a new guest room, perhaps a bowl of cereal will help me get back to sleep. xoxoxo


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
each piece moved in or out requiring dusting, vacuuming, and then reorganizing rooms we stole pieces from to look right with missing furniture.
Well done on the reorganised room but I have to question why you are doing things like moving furniture and vacuuming when you are trying to recover from a fall. I do hope you don't suffer from all this increased activity. Please conserve your strength. Sounds like you will need it if you are going to try returning to work in only 10 days!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom