THR No More Setbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that domino effect all too well, I have started painting a room at 10pm before. Be careful re the putting stuff back to pre opp as well you have had a fall and don't want it happening, again.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Tweefishy
WOW! What a task you have undertaken! I'm impressed by your motivation, but fear for your recovery from it. You may not feel it today, but I feel certain you will surely feel it tomorrow. Sounds like a glass of wine...or two...are in order to celebrate your accomplishment and, now, plenty of rest, ice and elevate!
:chillpill::flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Tweefishy ..we did or rather hubby did the decorating the other week in our living room, I had only reminded him about 12 times that he had promised to do it so I supervised and drove him mad .

We too ended up with loads of recycling, visting charity shops to donate, going to the tip with general rubbish and piling everything else up all over the house. ..then decided to move the room round. Then decided didnt like it, so moved it back again. I did all this sitting down :heehee:

Its sort of nearly finished now, but I am having to buy stuff off amazon again!!

What do you want to do rather than going back to the newish job next week? Do you have another job in mind? I wouldnt be looking forward to going back either. Its bad enough going 4 miles to the office I work at...let alone driving for an hour each way . Am glad you can at least do a 2 week phased return..dont think a 12 hour day is good though just yet.

Today I managed 11 am to 4pm ..I was ready to go home at about 2pm, so the next 2 hours dragged. I started getting uncomfortable sitting down about 2 hours after I got there and had to keep standing up. Other than that and wanting to go home and look for another job, it wasn't too bad. I am not back there until Wednesday. ..phew

The boss asked my colleagues if we had all had an argument due to us being very quiet...LOL..no they said, we were all working hard.

It is strange that I have not had a headache for months and everytime I am in the office, I leave with a headache

Ooh and the great news is....I have managed to get access to the prison software on my pc. ..but I am not telling anyone. Boss can purchase it for a £1000 but wont fork out. So am using the health authority log in, am very relieved about that. So now I know I can do a good job training the Drs and nurses properly.:yes!:

When can you have some pain relief?? Will they hive you some today. I have a drawer full of it now so I can manage the pain with different drugs, depending on the strengh of the throb and stinging.

I do hope you are going to get some very soon.

I also hope you get more that a few hours sleep.

Xxx
 
No worries folks! I didn't move the furniture or vacuum.... Husband and stepson did the hard work. I did the many many many trips back and forth with very small loads which did require lots of bending, but that's the sort of thing I do at work so it was good to see how that will go.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Oh @Suzette- I feel we have a kindred spirits and parallel lives. Where do you live darlin!!? I'd love to meet up with you! We'll drag @donor out for some comic relief and champagne!

You rock bunny lady! Look at you getting the software with your connections and good intentions! Oh I hope for something like that to help me get through some rough patches. As for my plan b, I called my last boss that left the company at the same time I did and now he runs the department ten minutes down the road!!!!! Ohhhhhh, I am waiting by the phone for his return call. He thought highly of me, and I him, so hoping for an opening to happen if my current gig turns disastrous. Praying for the universe to take care of me in he best way for me.

My quest for pain relief finally resulted in success! I had PT this morning at 9:30am for a 20 minute walk on the 50% gravity treadmill. After that, went over to the pharmacy praying the refill was done. It was not. They suggested I stalk the doc's office for the narcotic hard copy refill... This took over an hr. Finally got the script, then back to the pharmacy for another 45 minute wait for them to fill it. Talk about zen-like patience and perseverance!

All in all, 4 hrs of driving, walking, standing, sitting: replicating a work day so good training at least. But finally, after 5 days with no meds and a nasty fall flaring up all things ouchy, this girl is laying on ice, and happily numb all around!!!! Maybe I'll sleep tonight!

Cheers to all of our triumphs!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
@Tweefishy @Suzette hello there....sorry have been very preoccupied lately and not on BS at all....a meet up would be fun but I think our little Bunny is across the pond. Boo :( Fish....hope the pain is better tonight. How'd you manage 5 days with no meds? ? @Suzette I applaud your return to work attitude! What a cray story. Will tune in next week for Fishy's chapter. Fingers crossed.
 
@Tweefishy It sounds like you are putting some real graft into getting things going, so kudos to you for that. Here's hoping that everything falls into alignment for you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Tweefishy I am so sorry it took ages to get back to you xxx

I think that too, kindred spirits.:wave::cheers:...but live in a little town called Bromsgrove in Worcestershire. UK. Bit rubbish as I cant get to meet you and @donor. That would be a brilliant thing to do.

oh it would be great if your last boss can come up with something for you. I am keeping all bits crossed. Sometimes it really is the people you know from the past that help. Let's hope there is something there for you :fingersx::fingersx:

I hope you sleep after all that walking about etc, hope the pain meds are working too.

I have been a little distant for a couple of days !! Had deep tissue massage and acupuncture and all was great. So over did the dog walk, bum clenching etc Went to bed, no sleeping pill and spent most of the night awake, fidgeting, in pain and moaning a lot and also loads of weird nightmares on top of a dodgy tummy. Had to phone in sick on an already official sick day, so shouldn't be there any way!!! um she was not overly impressed and told me to stop going to the chiropractor. Of course, I won't be taking any notice of that.

Took a whole tablet last night and slept for about 7 hours and had no pain in morning again. So will do half tonight and sleep, I hope. Worked for 5 whole hours today and still have the sitting pain in the hip, so am having to use the ergonomic stool...I find it does help. Trouble is not quite sure of what to do in the car, where sitting and driving causes the same hip pain. How was your hip when driving?

What do you have done at your chiropractor? I have to say ... secretly in case I am testing fate, although I haven't actually shut up about it, I have nearly....mainly and most of the time...been pain free. ..except at night and sitting in office chair. Can not believe it. Amazing ... I am still using pain relief though but will gradually cut it down so I can tell what pain now remains.

Phew you have pain relief at last, can't believe you hadn't had any for ages, you must have been really hurting, a good top up tonight for you.

@donor been thinking of you, I hope things are ok with you and Sara.....and work too. xxxx

@Tweefishy do you start back to work on monday and will you be on reduced hours and be driving yourself. they better be good to you and help you all they can.....

I will be logging on to the prison software and teaching myself, I just need to get access to it on my laptop so I have it at home too.

YES! CHEERS TO ALL OUR ACHEIVEMENTS :wow:
 
Work revelations have been quite turbulent. I hopefully find out tomorrow if I return next week for part time or on Sept 15. So as not to jinx things, I will not discuss details, but I'll keep you posted when I find out more things for certain.
Despite a lovely day meeting with an old colleague for lunch, buying new shoes for work, and driving the farthest I've gone yet (a it half of my normal work commute), I lay here wide awake this evening wondering how on Earth I'm going to pull this all off.
Tomorrow I should know more, and have a hair apt for some much needed sprucing up before returning to the work world. Good lord this surgery sure brought out a whole fresh crop of gray hairs! Evil!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Hi, it's 9am here and am still lying in bed trying to motivate myself!!

Hope you find out more things and I know what you mean about jinx ing. ...

Enjoy your pampering. Funny as I have gray bits that i didnt have before plus gray eye brows!! With one great big long eyebrow that keeps appearing...urrgh

You will pull it off, honest x x x
 
Hiya numpty Nige here. I'm really happy for you Suzz the only infrequent visitation, of pain is brilliant. Re work and next big change you knocked yourself out doing too much the other day so take things easy don't just dive in. Take care pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi numpty nige @Legin yes I joined the whoops O did too much again club...I am going to slow down again as I am not going to cause more problem in my excitement of nearly normal xx
 
Ok girl @Suzzette- tell me more about this massage Accupunture pain freeing you are getting!!!! My Chiro is good at keeping my Jenga like spine and hips in place, and getting rid of migraines, but girl.... I am far from pain free!!!!! Help! I live in the heart of Accupunture crude massage land.... I need details to find the right person!!!! Help me pleeeeze! You've earned yourself a lazy day! I'm at the salon for a long afternoon of cut, coloring and pampering :)


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Hi well she the chiropractor does the western medical version of acupuncture first with about 30 needles, then she leaves those in for about 10 mins ..it feels all warm where they are but doesn't hurt. Then she does a thigh and butt deep massage straight after...that makes ones eyes water. Then the next day there is some aching. When I first went last Friday the pain level was about 4 to 6 all day every day. Now it is nil. Except when sit too long or lie on side.

I walk the dog every day and do a mile...no pain. Last week pain after 15 mins . It is very strange not to have the throbbing!!!

I will see what else I can find out. She isn't doing any manipulation at all and just focuses on my muscles. Which I a happy with. Although she did use one of those funny bone basher things on my neck...

I will get back to you when I find out more. Oh she charges about £25 which is great I think x x
 
I've never heard of the western approach.... Hmmm.... Yes more info please my love!


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Hi @Tweefishy I have found this article https://triggerpointacupuncture.com/

It seems it is also called trigger point acupuncture, or the modern approach. It is based on physiology and anatomy The lady I see does feel all my muscles to find tight bits then inserts the needles. I haven't noticed any muscle twitching yet....

Found this link too but not sure exactly where you live..
broken link removed: https://m.acupuncturists.healthprofs.com/cam/prof_results.php?sid=1440792655.8075_20591&city=Ontario&county=San+Bernardino&state=CA&spec=2736&lmore=150

It may well be worth looking in to and getting the deep massage too
Xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow and err wow that really sounds good I'm all in favour of alternative medicine and that process certainly is perfectly understand stable. Also the cost I was paying that 15 years ago. I will look into it more as may do something re my nerve damaged non functioning muscles.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin its worth a try. I too will try the alternatives and as far as I am concerned, if it helps that is truly excellent, but if it doesn't, at least you have given it a go....

Interesting stuff this acupuncture is, I am amazed at the results I have had. Having another session later.

Xx
 
<----- has vision of needles in his head to make brain work better.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom