Guest viewing is limited

TKR No longer waiting to garden! 3/28/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question...I have not been to outpatient therapy yet and I am 5 weeks out. This has been because I have been in a RA flare. I do as many exercises as I can do without hurting my RA part. I have a straight leg, a very good flex, more then 95%. I can't walk too far because of the flare...my feet and right let hurt. The only thing I haven't done is steps because there are none at our house or church and as my home PT said..you have not strong leg.

I have an order for PT but I don't know when I can get there cause he won't allow any RA meds to be taken till I heal more! My rheumy did tell me to start my Orencia but that takes a month or more to really kick in.

Any suggestions??
 
[Bonesmart.org] No longer waiting to garden! 3/28/14
@waitingtogarden, do not worry about not getting to outpatient PT. I never went to there myself. I just lived my live, did what I needed to do around the house and yard, and got plenty of exercise that way.

Just do what you can around your house and yard and what exercises you can without wearing yourself out. And later you can do outpatient if you feel you need to. PT is just about keeping the body moving, and you can do that on your own.
 
PT is just about keeping the body moving, and you can do that on your own.
I agree completely!!! :thumb:

I have not been to outpatient therapy yet and I am 5 weeks out.
That is not long! I went to therapy because I could. But I could do all those exercises here at home too. I wasn't sure what to expect with the horror stories so I was very surprised and happy that they good and gentle. Starting Monday, I am going to go twice a week while the children are still in school! I am very surprised that I feel so good when I am finished too!

I do as many exercises as I can do without hurting my RA part.
You are doing the right thing! All of us are different and it's about doing what's best for you!!!
Hang in there because everything will be just fine! Just keep doing what you are doing friend!!!:friends:
 
Sounds like you're on the right track.
 
This week end and today have been bad. It's not pain from the TNR but the rest of my body. The fact that I still have to use my wheelchair..until my other knee gets its own TKR and healed. I am almost six weeks out and have healed wonderfully. Rarely need pain med for my surgery. But a lot more than usual for my RA. I am depressed over the wheelchair business.. I knew I would need my walker but the wheel chair was not on my radar.

So here I sit..nothing to do. Can't even stay in it long because that causes my RA to hurt. So I sit in the bed stretching my muscles, etc.:blackcloud::bored:
 
Well that sounds good that you're doing some stretching and movement even if it has to be in bed.
 
Well, I do get to walk to my wheel chair and the ever needed potty so I do get to walk. But I was dearly depressed today. Have been checking my BP so my PCP knew when to return more of my medicine. This evening it hit 189/102. Called the doc and of course it was added. Now I recheck every hour or so. Comes down and pops up again. At least I don't have a headache or anything. Nurse said as long as it doesn't make you sick, your fairly safe. Wouldn't recommend it though.
 
Hi waitingtogarden! I am almost 7 weeks out of a RPKR and watch for all Marchies posts when I can. I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time. The depression is so natural after all that. But you've done 50% of knee fixin' and that is great! Take care of the rest of yourself now and keep that remarkable spirit. God bless you.
 
WTG, I just finished back reading your thread. OMG, you are a study in courage! You keep fighting and concentrating on the little improvements that are big! We're with you each step, rooting you on!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Life goes on! Today my BP hit 201/102! Post Dr. Appt, I have another med to take and I have to watch it doesn't go too low.

PCP said I have to take my pain meds. More even if I am taking it for RA pain. Cannot wait for RA meds to be returned to me! At my next OS appt, I am going to have serious talk with him. Meds just have to be returned.

We have a trip planned this summer and all during my healing I hoped my surgery wouldn't interfere. Now it turns out I have to worry about the RA,without the meds.:chinstroke:
 
Thank you for your encouragement! It is great that we are there to help each other.:heehee:
 
Hi Chris. Just rereading your posts and wondering if things are any better. I had a great first 6 weeks (pain but did well with PT) but started getting stabbing pains last Saturday night at replaced medial joint site and haven't a clue from where it came. This is an unpredictable journey even with just a partial. Thinking about you, Christie
 
Rarely need pain med for my surgery. But a lot more than usual for my RA. I am depressed over the wheelchair business.. I knew I would need my walker but the wheel chair was not on my radar.

Awwwww @waitingtogarden I am so sorry you are having these problems! Every time I think about building my new flower garden I think about you and hope you are healing up quickly!!!
I just quit taking my BP meds this past week because it was running 100/55 and sometimes 97/61 and I was feeling so bad. Now it's running around 125/75 and feeling so much better!!!
Hope you get yours under control and things get better quickly!!! Take care and will check on you again soon!!!:friends:
 
Christie, I got some minor pain around my knee around six weeks. There must be some inside healing going on that time!

At least some things are being taken care of....all sorts of appts coming up. PCP to check that BP Is ok. Then I see the OS. He won't be happy I haven't done formal PT but I cannot with the RA issues I have. The next day I see my RA doc. She will deal the RA. Then things will settle. My RA is so bad I haven't taken a real shower yet! Still doing sink washing! At least I don't stink!

My flex is doing fine. I can bend my leg way under my chair. And I can do a straight leg without any issues.
More later...arms is holding my I pad and my shoulder hurts. And old injury.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I drove tonight! I drove tonight! Had to help my hubby take a car to the garage. Funny to drive at night. Nice to know I didn't forget how. On the way home I saw some flower pots on some ones recycling stuff. Turned around and made hubby go get them. Now I can fill them with flowers! :flwrysmile::giggle:
 
@waitingtogarden Must be great to be driving again. I don't see my surgeon till 30th May, which will be 8 weeks post op, so I daren't before then because of insurance issues. Sounds as if you're doing really well now, although I bet you're longing to get into the shower!
 
Yeah!!! @waitingtogarden so happy you are driving and got to get those pots!!!:flwrysmile:and I agree with @Mai5ie I bet your longing for a shower!! Now that would be fantastic!
 
Hi @waitingtogarden I have have read through your thread and :wowspring:and all I can say is well done to you. I am absolutely over the moon that everything has gone so well for you. You are doing the exact right thing by keeping it moving and mobile. AT this stage this all you need worry about. The PT will come through soon enough and if it doesn't in the not couple of weeks I would contact your OS. The fact you are driving is so amazing. I still not since January as I'm still on high doses of morphine and pain. However, I'm going in for day A&E surgery, where, under local anaesthetic, the fluid will be drained and cortisone injections will be out into the surrounding tissues. I'm so looking forward to this. My private to reckons I'll be like a different person once I have that done. I can't wait!

I absolutely love to read posts like yours as it makes me glad to the heart that someone is going to have a much better chapter of their new life now. It's wonderful. Your faith has kept you strong and blessed. Congratulations Chris, such wonderful news x x x x x :flwrysmile:

All my love from Nana moon 27 x x x x
 
Well everyone...my last shower was the morning of my surgery, March 28th. That was eight weeks and a few days ago.

Today...TA-DA --I took my first shower since then. I feel so clean. My hair is wonderful. Even though I had waterless shower caps, my hair never felt as clean as it does now.:bath:

What a silly think to celebrate! I didn't want to try until both my new knee and my RA knee could support my weight individually.

Still having RA issues but I see my rheumie on Wednesday and they will be fixed!

Enjoy your holiday those of us in the USA and your weekend in the rest of the world.:realing::swim:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom