Guest viewing is limited

TKR No longer waiting to garden! 3/28/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an ordeal. Take care of yourself.
 
It seems it just can't be over. When I had the stitches removed on the 23rd was easy enough. The knee looked great. The put a bunch of steri strips an area with a thick scab. The scab got soft and turned yellow. Had it checked out and the don't think it's infected. My OS is out of the country so I will not see him till Tuesday. I do see the infectious disease doc tomorrow. We shall see what he says.


Chris
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wishing you the best with the infection doc, and then again when you see your OS on Tuesday. Hoping all is well and you can continue healing.
 
Hi Chris, @waitingtogarden
What a time you've had! :console2:

I'm hoping that you get good news from the infectious disease doc and from your surgeon.
Fingers and toes all crossed for you! :angel:
 
The standby dr at urgent care doesn't think it's infected. Home care says other than ugly there are no signs. Infectious disease doesn't think so but he cultured just in case. He also thought to extend my antibiotics. I see os on Tuesday.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Got to see my OS this past Tuesday. He is thrilled with my knee, X-rays show its placed perfectly. My knee does still have an open area......extremely shallow like i fell off my bike. I keep it cleaned and covered.

A week later and I can see that the area is closing up just fine. Open area get smaller and smaller.

My at home pt has ended. But I am not starting my out-patient until the the weather improves. After almost five months of keeping my knee healthy, I am not risking a fall. But I have a variety of exercised I do at home. Started using leg lifts easily with five pounds but my knee hurt this week end so we will reduce it to three pounds.

Walking is my biggest challenge is walking. I have not walked for at least two years so not only do I have to strengthen my knee but my feet, ankles, hips and thighs. Even the small of my back needs help..so my rehab journey will be slow but well worth the work!


Chris
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
It sounds as if things are looking up. :yes!:

Take it slow and steady and I'm sure you'll improve a lot.
 
Hi @waitingtogarden, Chris (one Chris to another), good to hear your knee is on the mend and that there is no infection. Thank goodness for that as you know it sometimes takes a while when we have other issues that compound the knee recovery process. Continue to heal well and get stronger each day. Take good care of yourself. Christine :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
It does sound like things are going well for you!! Things are looking better!!
Walking is my biggest challenge is walking. I have not walked for at least two years so not only do I have to strengthen my knee but my feet, ankles, hips and thighs. Even the small of my back needs help..so my rehab journey will be slow but well worth the work!
Do not worry about this---"Mechanics is muscle memory"---and you will be able to "reteach" those muscles what to do.

Many of us also had some type of motor issue---dysfunctionality---that was created due to dealing with arthritis.

Your PT folks will be able to help you get through these issues with the correct, but gentle exercises that will literally get you back on your feet and moving!
 
Slowly but surely you're getting there!
 
Things with my knee incision is finally getting closed. Infection still a concern until that happens. So much of this stuff has help up walking.

Because we have to watch for infection I cannot take most of my RA meds. Some of them since my original surgery in late September. This has messed up my hands. I cannot hold onto either a walker or canes. So I am still not doing a lot of walking. RA doc is doing what she can...including talking to the OS and the infectious disease doc to find out when we can start something.

My left TKR will be a year old this month!

So I will be struggling on trying to get this all working again.


Chris
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Gosh @waitingtogarden

I hadn't realised how bad you were in some respects. How are you coping with out RA meds? You are a very brave lady.

I do hope that you get to resume them soon. My brother has bad arthritis and periodically because of his liver, he has to come off them. He's young than me but his hand and feel,suffer, certain joint hurt. His concentration goes and he's unbearable until he goes back on his meds for it x not his fault it's just the way it is x x x

I wish you a good recovery and hope your meds get sorted out soon x x xx

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Sorry to hear you still have to be off the RA med. Hopefully once you're healed up and can resume the meds they'll kick in quickly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom