TKR No longer waiting to garden! 3/28/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you are home and doing better. You have had a rough start but it will get better. Live and prayers.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Went to my three week check up today. So happy! I am free of my staples. And they didn't hurt coming out! My ROM IS 90* and -5* ....measured yesterday. Doc is thrilled...he likes to see 80* by three weeks. I can drive if I don't need to take pain meds. And I start outpatient therapy next week.

Then I came home and it SNOWED!! The rest of my body ached horribly but no RA PAIN IN THAT KNEE. FElt really strange.
 
Great update with your doctor! You are doing terrific - even able to drive!!!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
OK, now the RA pain because I haven't taken meds for in weeks.if this developers into a full flare I will be in big trouble. I called my rheumie to call the surgeon so they can work it out. I understand why he doesn't want me to take them as they slow down healing. But now I can hardly walk because the non surgical leg is killing me.

Any suggestions???
 
I don't have RA so cannot give you any advice with that. I will tag @kneeper and @chestnutnc who I believe have RA. I do hope your doctors are able to help soon!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Good idea to have the rheumy consult with the OS. Depending on what you're taking for the RA you may or may not need to be off the RA meds for much longer.
 
I am sorry I had wrong username. It is @chestnc Thanks kneeper!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Still waiting to hear from the doctors. Flare is still here. Driving me nuts with frustration!m
 
Oh, poor you. Hope you get something sorted soon.
 
@waitingtogarden, oh I'm sorry hun that you are having such a bad time with your RA. I really hope things improve for you quickly. I hope you are getting on OK though otherwise with the operated knee still but I so feel for you regarding the RA. I guess with it being Easter the doctors are being slow to respond to you. I hope you get some answers soon. Thinking of you and sending virtual hugs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
You must be miserable. I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you're having!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I have tried BioFreeze and Australian Dream Cream but not much help so far. Heat pad tonight for awhile. The really frustrating part is I cannot walk at all! My new leg is not ready to help the RA LEG. so it is a joke to try more than a few steps. My feet are aching which doesn't help either. Any suggestions???

I am to start op therapy Tuesday. If I get no help I will have to cancel.
 
Today I got my hair cut! I took my scooter which I have used for years and my walker. I used the walker to make the walk between the scooter and chair. I was really surprised how easy my new knee took it. My right knee is bone on bone and reminded me why I got the left replaced! I can fully bear weight on my new knee. I cannot wait to get the right one done. When my RA flare is over and things are under control, I will :SUNsmile:really like this. I know I will used my walker for a long time. Using a cane will not be helpful.
 
@waitingtogarden, that's fantastic hun. So glad things are improving for you. Have you got RA under control again? Fabulous getting your hair cut, I long to get something done with mine but it's too early for me to cope with that at present. Glad the new knee is behaving itself. Take care, Lori xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
I'm so lucky... my hairdresser made a house call for me last week! She wouldn't accept payment either.
 
@Mai5ie wow!! You are lucky. I wish my hairdresser did house calls :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Lori, I just restarted some of my meds. They haven't kicked in well yet. But, things aren't getting worse.

Mai5ie, mine might have come but my sister takes me and that makes it a lot easier. It also makes it so I can take my pain meds. I can't take them if I am going to drive.

When I got home I took a long nap! It was my first time out except for doctor appointments. It's four weeks post op tomorrow!
 
Today I 'gardened'!!! I really didn't pull a weed or plant a flower but was able to go out and tell my hubby what was a weed, what needed done, check out what died over our extra cold winter, etc. I enjoyed some sunshine, too. Can't wait until I can do more. It may take until next summer when the right knee is done. I really notice the difference now.
 
@waitingtogarden, how fantastic that you were able to get out in the garden again. Sounds like you are doing really well now hun. I can't wait til I can get in our lovely garden again but the step outside is rather awkward so not something I can manage at the moment. Still I can see the bulbs I planted have come up, in fact I think they have finished now. Have a good weekend xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom