TKR No longer waiting to garden! 3/28/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry to hear that you feel so sick. Hopefully the doctors will be able to get the infection taken care of. Let us know how you are doing. You are in my prayers.
 
Love and prayers to you. Hope you feel better soon. Recovery is hard enough if there are no complications.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Sending healing wishes.
 
@waitingtogarden Oh my goodness friend! I am so glad they are taking care of you but, so sorry you are not well! :sad:Thank You for updating us!!!!! We were wondering where you were!!!!:friends:
Please rest up:sleep: and let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it!!

:flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Second day feeling better. Getting out of a chair is a a challenge. Have no idea what the numbers are but doctor complained at how I move. Most nurses are really happy.....PT never seems to be.more later.
 
@waitingtogarden, I'm so sorry to hear you've been in ICU! I hope you are feeling better and that the infection resolves quickly. Good to know that you're knee is is doing so well and I can't wait to hear that you're up and walking again. :thumb:
 
Had a great PT time. Therapist said my knee is working well. There is no desire for my leg to be elevated. But I ice it 24/7..
Work limited to heel slides,ankle work and. Knee presses.

Seems I got an undiscovered infection, which caused kidney issues. So that's the update.

Walking with the walker is going well. Taking a nap!
 
Sounds like you are making progress. Good for you, taking naps! I hope you continue to progress well.
 
Why would a medical doc be in charge as to weither I go home or to rehab! So want to go home! I've been told three hours of therapy a day if I go. I will never rest up and recover from being sick...I am whining!:beg::beg:
 
Ok, I think I can tell my story in deeper detail. On the 28th, I had my surgery early in the day. Had general and a nerve shot. Woke up fine...no nausea, little pain. Life went on. Discharged on Monday. Medicine instructions...oxy I pill every 12 hours. Oxy 1-2 tablets ever four hours. as needed. Followed the directions every 24 hours. By Thursday hubby was concerned as I was sleeping a lot. Friday I was in the ER, completely dehydrated. It took a a central line and ten bags of fluid to revive me. I had an infection they couldn't discover. Came out of ICU on Monday and should go home today! Still have funny stories to share.:yay::dancy::yes!:
 
Oh my goodness, that is scary. I hope you get to go home today and get on with your recovery. I bet you do have some funny stories! I'll be looking for them.
 
@waitingtogarden, I was so sad to read your post that you have been so I'll. I really hope things are improving. I am 2 weeks post op today, still not able to do very much but things are gradually improving. Sending you prayers and loving wishes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
 
Hopefully that will be the only real bump in the road and the rest of your recovery will be uneventful.

I was just about a week ahead of you so we can share stories. All the best to you! :flwrysmile:
 
Lori, so glad that you are close to me. I had this hospital therapist that though I should be going on fast. Now I am home and resting. Using a commode, using my walker but told it is ok to use my wheelchair for distance walking.

Linda, I happy yor doing well. Does sleeping getting any better?? Last might I slept so well, today I ache. I am not in severe pain...just ache.

They reduced my meds to 650 mg Extended Release Tylenol every 8 hours, and 10 mg of extended release oxy twice a day. Worked alright in the hospital as I really didn't do much, but now I do. I rarely get rid if the ache. At least I have 24/7 icing.
 
I'm so glad you are finally home @waitingtogarden .... Doesn't it feel great just to be in your own home? :)You sure have been through a lot :friends:!!!! I hope and pray that your recovery is smooth and easy from this day forward! :yes:
 
:dancy: I am having a much better time at home!!! I start PT at home tomorrow. My knee is feeling better.
We all must be careful with our meds. I took mine as directed but my body didn't react well. I oversleep and stopped drinking, cause you don't drink in your sleep, and ended up severely dehydrated. I spend days in ICU. I say this to remind everyone to have someone to oversee us.
 
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so unwell. I sincerely hope you're on the mend now. Look after yourself. xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom