TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

There is nothing like Christian friends! Sharing the same Spirit is truly Christian friendship! I wish everyone could share this peace and closeness that we have! My 2 specials verse are: Phil. 4:13, "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." And 1 John 4:4, "You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." When I feel an attack or am afraid of a situation I quote these and they calm me right down! I don't know how people face these surgeries without Him to lean on.
 
@Josephine, I have a concern. The last 3"x2" or so of my scar is very hard and has pains in it. The rest of the knee isn't too bad. Is this normal or should I call my OS?
 
Paula my son sent this to me when I was going through my thyroid ordeal and I have it as my screen saver on my phone, The view of the sky is a picture he took outside my house

[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
 
Wow! It is beautiful! How relaxing! Thank you for sharing with me. I see you like that verse, too!
 
The last 3"x2" or so of my scar is very hard and has pains in it.
Rather scant on detail here, pet. Is it red or swollen? Is the hard spot mobile, meaning can you wiggle it around, or is it fixed in place?
 
@Josephine, It is no more red or warm than the other areas. My knee still swells some all over. The area does not move at all. I assume it's where the stem goes into my bone. I've had it the whole time since the surgery, but because of tenderness I wouldn't touch it. Now, it's not as tender to the touch, so I have started feeling it. The pains are short pounding pains, not stabbing. The only other discomfort is the back of my knee. Thank you for responding so quickly. The hard area is at the bottom of the scar. The top isn't painful at all.
 
I would suggest this is just a little hardening of the scar or somesuch. Nothing to worry about. What it is not is anything to do with the implant!
 
Thank you so much, Josephine. That's a worry off of me. I was afraid the OS had set the bottom implant too close to the skin. Not knowing anyone at home to ask to see and feel their leg, I didn't know if this was normal or not. I'll continue to ice as needed and look forward to the time when the scar tissue's nerves quit hurting! I am so blessed with this recovery and need to quit worrying about these little things! And thank God for BoneSmart to help us all with these worries that pop up! Of course, I'm still recovering from my hiking trip last week and the working serving 40+ Seniors lunch at church yesterday! I must be patient! Oh no, not that!!
 
Hey Paula, I hope you have had time to rest and recuperate, I know the weekends are busy for you but after your hiking weekend I hope you were able to rest up, you don't want to make the Brat mad.

Take care and I hope you are doing alright :)
 
Last week was spent resting up except for Thursday, when I worked at church with the kitchen crew feeding our monthly Sunshine Seniors. That set me back for Friday. Saturday, I was much better and I still am. I had cataract surgery yesterday and am trying adjust to that. I'm not doing too much reading yet, but will be back with you all really soon! I hope everyone is having a great, low pain recovery.
 
I was wondering about your cataract surgery, I'm glad it's over, and I hope it heals quickly.
Sending loving healing thoughts your way.
Tabby xxx
 
Hope your recovering well from your cataract surgery~~new knee & better vision!:yes!: Can't wait to hear of your next adventure!
 
Thank you so much ladies. I went this morning for a checkup. He said I'm doing OK. The eye is still really red, swollen and fuzzy. Once the swelling goes down it should clear up. At least, I hope so! It's strange walking with one unclear eye and I have to watch my steps. I have another appointment in 2 weeks. Hopefully, I'll see clearly by then. Right now, it's not at all. Since I've been inactive, my knee is doing pretty good. Yesterday was the first day I didn't ice at all. I am tonight because it's a little more sore than yesterday. I think it comes from a KC and the Sunshine Band song that was playing on Dancing with the Stars and I danced to it this afternoon! That group was always one of my favorite ones to dance to! Well, now I feel it. But, it was fun when I danced and was worth it! I look forward to the day I can dance a lot again! What fun exercise!
 
Your eye should clear up pretty soon. Are you using the drops? I had both done, some months apart. It was weird for glasses for a while but now I see a whole new world of color.
I chose to have middle distance lenses so I still need reading glasses, but different ones.
 
@mamazipp, thanks for the encouragement. Oh yes, I'm using 3 different drops 4 times a day. I was hoping it would be clearer this morning, but it's not yet. And the redness hasn't diminished yet. It is feeling some better to move my eye around! That shows improvement right there! This is the first cataract surgery for me and I didn't know what to expect. It's not too bad. My good eye has taken over all my vision needs, so I'm doing OK, though still I little 'off-centered' feeling when walking.
 
Paula, I am glad you are doing well....wow you are getting yourself all fixed up, that's awesome!!!:egypdance:
 
I'm saying prayers for a speedy recovery right now! Can you use your cane until your eye is up and running? I've seen more than one patient fall after cataract surgery -- better safe with a cane than a tumble :)


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
I still use a cane out in public anyway. In the house, things are close enough that I can grab hold to something. The main thing I have to watch out for are the cats under foot. I didn't realize the difference in vision would throw my equilibrium off so much. The scratchy feeling is gone now! And I'm OKed to shower and wash my hair. I was afraid that was out for a week or more. But, not so! So shower, here I come!
The knee is almost over my little dance yesterday afternoon! I need to get their CD. That Band has always made me happy! The stiffness is practically all gone except for the first thing in the morning. Standing for a while is painful, but that has been the case since the 90s. Maybe one day that won't a problem anymore.
 
Back
Top Bottom