Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Now that's a relief I'm sure that your BP is back to your normal levels. Having patience should be in the paperwork we get from the doctor lol


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
We all heal at a different pace, but I'm sure even though we had the same surgery once the OS was doing his magic we all had different levels of damage to our knee and who knows what was done during surgery, I know that my doc told me he had to do lots of resurfacing...we just have to understand that we are all going to be very patient, this is a long process, it took years for our knee to get to the point of needing surgery, so whatever time it takes now we have to look at it as an investment towards having a better quality of life.

Yesterday I felt amazing, today I have a little of that nerve pain, it can be discouraging but I will not let it get me down, tomorrow will hopefully be better...the show must go on:flwrysmile:

I lost 5 lbs, so that makes up for the nerve pain, haha
 
It is so hard to compare your recovery to another persons recovery. I should be almost a year out but I had to start over with a revision. It's hard for me to read how everyone who had their TKR when I had my initial surgery when I had to go back to square one. I found that I had to concentrate on the fact that we will all get to the same place but some of us have a few bumps in the road or twists in the route.
 
Paula, please try not to get discouraged, you are doing well and we all have ups and downs in this recovery, it's just that we don't like the downs. I'm upset that I seem to be making progress at a snails pace, but as you said a lot depends on how much your knee has been through already and you have had lots of surgeries previously. About the bruising you noticed, I've had what looks like bruising around the inscision until fairly recently. If we could see exactly what was done to our knees we'd probably marvel at natures ability to heal, and it would help us be patient.
I hope there are more good days in store for you.
Love, Tabby xxx
 
@SistersPaula, you were one of the first people who responded to me. I am so grateful for your presence and help. Sometime I don't want to post my progress because it feels like bragging. What is is. I don't think anyone knows why we can do what we can when we can and why some people have more problem than others. I greatly admire those who have to battle pain, nausea, sleeplessness and a myriad of other problems and don't lose their spirit. They are the real heroes. I am just grateful that SO FAR I have not run into any big problems and my pain has been manageable. Tomorrow could be different and that goes for you too. Maybe tomorrow your pain will be all gone and your knee will be feeling great. We never know. You have great spirit and it will all come together.
 
Wow! You went shopping! Good for you!

Everyone's recovery is like a roller coaster on its own path. There are ups and downs, but each week is a little better. It took me until week 4 to sleep through the night and 3 months before I went to a store, but I had complications so we can't compare recoveries. I'm glad you see the OS this week because I'm sure he'll know what's causing the bruising you mention.

After an outing most need to spend the next day resting, icing and elevating as it takes so much energy. It will be a little easier next time.
 
@dianehelen I guess whatever bone he was attaching the new knee to...to tell you the truth, he came in to see me around 7 p.m. The day of surgery, my brain was mush from all the pain meds they had to give me in the recovery room to control my pain and I didn't ask much of anything, I will get all the details on Tuesday when I see him. I do remember he was very happy how it all turned out.
 
@newlybionic, you have a reason you're behind that original date of surgery. Your surgeon sounded like a quack that didn't give a hoot about anyone but his own self. He never was accountable for his mistake that you had to suffer dearly for. Since your revision, you have done remarkable! And now you're already back to work! @uva55, I'm afraid to even weigh. I've been eating so much junk I've bound to have put some on pounds. I did pretty good for lunch the past two days though, I had toss salad today and mixed veggies yesterday. By the time dinner time comes I usually don't want anything, so I'm relying on the protein drinks. Thank God they're tasty! @LFitz, not having to worry about high blood pressure certainly was and is a load off my mind.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Tabbycat, thank you for your encouragement! You had your mis-step that set you back, but you have been a beacon of light for so many of us, always giving us a reason to rejoice rather than complain. & @Floridagal, your strength and exceptional healing gives hope for all the ones who's surgery is behind yours. You are driving and now I want to go in my garage and get in my car and just see if my knee behaves enough for me to drive! I want that big time! KarriB, thank you for reminding me that it's normal to have a day of rest after a first outing. My next time will be easier on me. @uva55, we both see our doctor on Tuesday. I can't wait to find out what we find out!
 
Me too...I hope I can convince him to put me back on Gabapentin, I can do without this nerve pain :flabber:
 
I had nerve pain that finally seems to be lessening. It feels like a sunburn to me. I feel it on the outside of my lower leg and I've had it since my first TKR last July.
 
@dianehelen, thank you. I used this one a few months ago and thought I'd go back to it. My roommate and I had gone to the Grand Canyon and this place is in Death Valley and called The Devil's Golf Course. There is nothing else like it that I've seen. @newlybionic that burning pain describes what I'm feeling on most of my medial side. The pain walking is more like pushing on a bruise type pain. The burning pain even hurts when the sheet or my pants touch it.
 
Paula, that's it, just like a sunburn, nothing can touch the skin, I have a hard time icing. It's not as bad today as it was a few days ago.

Great picture!!!
 
That's awesome Paula!!

[Bonesmart.org] No Kneecap and a TKR Experience
 
@uva55, I have been icing all along. It stings at first, then settles down after it get cold enough. But, once I take the ice off it, it gets super sensitive again. I've gotten so I don't ice too much in bed because I get so chilled I can hardly get warm again. I can't imagine having to ice like this in the winter time. I'd never pay the heating bill! But I believe the sunburn area is smaller than it was a couple of weeks ago.
 
@sistersinhim I agree the area that bothers me today is just around the actual knee, the other day it was pretty much the entire leg. I am able to ice today.
 
So glad you can ice. It's amazing how much it helps reduce the pain, heat and swelling. We bought a portable ice machine and it runs 24 hours a day making ice. I was going through 10lbs a day from the store until we remembered we had the ice maker in the camper. What a savings it has been! The ice wraps don't last anytime at all, no more than 20 to 30 minutes. Now, I'm icing at least 16 hours a day. The swelling is kept down that way, thus the stiffness is less.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom