Guest viewing is limited

TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Next time I'm awake at 3:00 AM I'll think about my friends on BS and hope they are sound asleep.

Haha Amy Jo! I've actually come here at 3:00 am and found others who couldn't sleep in fun discussion! Now that I'm past the early recovery days Tylenol PM puts me out every time!
 
Can I get an Amen for Tylenol pm? sleep saver now except last night it's worked fantastic.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I found a cure for insomnia. I went to work on Monday for 10 hours and then I slept for the next two days! I thought that energy drain would be over at three months out. You'll be sleeping at night soon. In the meantime there are some free coloring apps for iPads if you have one. I did a lot of them in the beginning.
 
I'm up at least twice a night and immediately come to the laptop in the den where my recliner is and check out BS. It's amazing how many of us are awake at those crazy nighttime hours. I still wake up, but I do go back to sleep in a few minutes after reading a bit. That's a lot different than just 10 days or so ago. I'd sleep an hour or so and then be up for hours. This went on for at least a week. Then I finally began to sleep a little longer at a time. Now, I'm making up for all those sleepless night and days! I can't seem to get enough!
I've developed a new pain today. It's deep in the middle of the joint, where the bone on bone pain used to be. Have any of you felt pain there before? The pain isn't bad, only about a 4, but it's new today.
 
I have had many different pains in many different places in my knee. It seems like something would stop hurting and then another part would start hurting. I always figured that the spot hurting the most on any given day had the loudest voice that day.
 
I guess the different parts get jealous and have to have their 'babying' time. I haven't had those pain in a few hours now! Just the same burning pain that never totally goes away, but does get better. Oh yeah, today my knee is 3 weeks old. Happy Birthday new knee! We're going to have a lot of fun together for a lot of years!

Good night everyone. I pray that your nights are restful and healing. Love you all!
 
I hope you have a restful night Paula. And that your new pains lessen and old pains fade. I think you are doing really well. I'm off to bed myself to be woken up @ 6am with my aching knee.

:sleeep: sweet dreams and a good tomorrow
 
It's always so funny to read about people going to bed when I'm just eating dinner......lol......east coast vs west coast.......
 
  • Funny
Reactions: Suz
Right now, my going to bed could be anytime at all! It might be 10pm or 10am. Here it is 4am and I'm up reading threads on BS. On this site we have all been at the same place, at the same time in our journeys. How nice to know that someone anywhere in the world cares about what I'm going through at this very moment. What a blessing!
 
Paula, my new knee still complains when there is wet weather coming in, but my joints have always been better than a barometer. I'm hoping it will not react so much when it's healed.
First thing I do in the morning is check on everyone on the forum, hoping that all of you across the pond are enjoying a good night.
Can someone tell me what's in Tylenol PM, I don't think we have it in the UK.
Wishing everyone good days and restful nights.
Tabby xxx
 
@Tabbycat is Tylenol extra strength with diphenhydramine, which is an ingredient found in benadryl, to help you sleep. Sometimes when I can't sleep I take benadryl and that help me, my primary care said it was safe and not habit forming.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided that I am sticking with one Tylenol PM for a while. I don't care if it makes me a little sleepy during the day. That is probably good for me to slow me down! :) When I walk a mantra goes through my head - Watch where you are going, pick up your feet. I should have asked the OS when people who do well usually fall. Right now it is my biggest concern outside the knee itself.
 
When I walk a mantra goes through my head - Watch where you are going, pick up your feet. I should have asked the OS when people who do well usually fall. Right now it is my biggest concern outside the knee itself.

:goodpost:

That is great exhortation to all of us Amy Jo! When we're in our first days out of surgery our walkers somewhat protect us and the going is slow. Or did me anyway. But then I started to feel a better and so wanted my mobility back. I became over-confident and trust me, there were a few very close calls.

I think your point is something we should talk about more- especially with those just coming out of their first TKR's!
 
I've always been afraid to use the benadryl, even though my PCP said it was okay and recommended it. Since I had to get some for the rash I developed after taking the oxys, maybe I'll try it again, but at bedtime. Right now I feel like I am on way too many pills. It's been hard to keep track of them all.
 
I know about that it's hard to keep track. I had a notebook where I listed the pills and when I needed to take what. When I took a pill I would check it off and list when I would have to take it again. I am grateful that now I am just down to Tylenol and my diclofenac. I like things simple.
 
@dianehelen
Thanks - hadn't thought of that. I use my phone to keep a journal of my knee, so that might be easier than paper charts.
@Floridagal
I originally used a paper list for the pain meds, but found myself forgetting the BP meds! So now I have to include BP meds in my chart. Never a dull moment! LOL
 
I woke up nauseated this morning around 3:30am and didn't get back to sleep until about 6am. But, then slept till 8am. The knee is feeling a little better today and I was able to do a couple of loads of laundry. I might try to run the vac after my nap.

I used my phone's med schedule for the first week or so, but now I'm able to wait a little longer before needing another doze, so I'm just remembering when I took it last.
 
You and me, too. If we can't eat, we can't get stronger.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom