TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

Paula I hope that nausea gets better soon and you right try to continue to eat something. Diane great idea, I didn't know there was such an app. But I guess it's try what they say, there's an app for everything.
 
The nausea is better now. I have no idea why I woke up with it. I should have taken another motion-sickness pill, I guess. I am having a problem with not wanting to eat that's healthy except protein drinks, ice cream and nuts. I don't want real meals. How long will it be before I want to eat good foods?
 
@sistersinhim why don't you call your doctor and maybe they can give something better for nausea, until you get over that you are not going to want real food.
 
Have any of you had your feet peel? Both of my feet are peeling! Big flakes coming off. Ugly!
 
The skin on my operated leg got very dry both times. Lots of flaking going on.

As far as your appetite goes the first time I didn't want to eat any meals either. Just a little here and there but ice cream was always a good choice. Second time around I was voracious and devoured all the food in sight. Go figure? Lol
 
Both of my feet are peeling. Strange. I am wearing socks more than normal for this time of year because of the icing. Maybe that has something to do with it. It scared me when I first saw it. I could understand my surgical leg's foot. But, not both of them.
 
No...but who knows tomorrow...I have been putting lotion on both legs, not on incision area of course.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
True! I like to be symmetrical! So, it's probably nothing to worry about? I get scared so easily.
 
I knew there was a reason I liked it so much! At least I'm getting calcium and protein and I buy the no sugar added, so it's not but so bad!
 
I had my first outing today, Sam's and Walmart. I'm feeling it now. I rode the buggies so it wasn't as much walking as it could have been. But, something strange is happening, I think. @Josephine, On either side of my incision about 2" all around it is bruising. I didn't have it before except maybe just a slight darkness. Now, it's very pronounced. Is this normal? Could the implant be bruising me from the inside?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I bet it was nice to get out for a bit...my husband wanted to take me out to breakfast this morning and I almost said yes, but I decided to give myself one more week before going out like that, I don't have much of an appetite anyways.

I'm sorry to hear about your new bruising...hopefully it's just normal at your stage of recovery!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You were smart to wait. Each week you wait, the more healing you will have had and the less discomfort afterwards.

I'm anxious to hear about this bruising showing up after 3 weeks!
 
Hi Diane. It was a rough night and I'm pretty sore and stiff this morning. But, it felt so good to get out yesterday that it's worth it! I have yet to try to drive like our Amy Jo has. I see my OS Tuesday and will see what he says about my being able to drive. I want to find out how much he had to clean up in the knee since I had, had 5 previous surgeries on it. It seems I'm having more pain than others are having at an even shorter time since their TKR. I know we are told to never compare our recovery with others because we're all different going it. But, it's no hard not to. And it's easy to get down when you read others are surpassing you.
 
Yes, Paula. I look at you and Amy Jo and Clara and Suz and a few others and hope I do at least close to as well. I keep stressing that I will have a harder time due to various factors. But I know I should not compare, but it's hard not to, isn't it?
 
I bet it was nice to get out but I hope you didn't find your membership to the odic with a stamp on it last night. I completely understand why something new would cause concern and hope you get answers about that bruising.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
And as I hit post I see you had a hard night - I'm so sorry. Paula and Diane it is very hard not to compare, I think it's human nature but you both have had your own victories in your recoveries and I hope you both hold onto those when you feel a little down when you read other threads. I know how happy you both are for all your bonesmartie friends in their recoveries and it's ok sometimes to wish you were further so long as it's a passing "oh man I wish I was there" and then it's back to well "heck I can do this this week and I couldn't do it last week". Have a great day ladies :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I haven't heard back from Josephine about the bruising, so it must not be anything to worry about. It almost has to be coming from the inside since I've not bumped the outside at all and it surrounds the whole incision area. Oh yeah!! I keep forgetting to tell you all the good news. Remember how I was so upset because my blood pressure had increased about 25 points before my surgery? Well, it has dropped back down! It's hanging in the 1teens/60s! I am so thankful for that! High blood pressure was something that I never had to worry about, so my increase had me concerned. Now, I know I'm OK. When I look back on where I was just two weeks ago then I can see much improvement! I just need to deal with my impatience and be thankful for my successes!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom