Newbie saying hello and asking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow09 It was my OS that said he would do it that way. He said because of the type of joint he was using and he's cementing it in. I must admit I'm still confused by the different reasons for procedure types. I see from other people's posts that sitting on the scar can be painful :shocked:
 
Shadow09 It was my OS that said he would do it that way. He said because of the type of joint he was using and he's cementing it in. I must admit I'm still confused by the different reasons for procedure types. I see from other people's posts that sitting on the scar can be painful :shocked:

I had the benefit of a surgeon who uses th anterior approach also using a Mako robotic arm (RIO) to assist with the placement of the prosthesis. Very pecise. No cutting muscles. No cement. I think it Mako is only available in the US at this time. But it sounds like you have some fine surgeons in the UK. No pain now - still on long acting OxyContin & Tylenol. & ice. Feels stiff when I first get up, like an overused muscle, but loosens up after moving a bit. Incision closed with a glue of some kind. Doesn't hurt at all. I can shower now. So hoping that you have a positive experience like me. Still trying to get used to crutches, but that will come. :spin:
 
Shadow09 sounds as if you are doing brilliantly ! How fab that you haven't got stitches either, they blooming well itch after awhile. My OS has a great reputation in the UK and world wide, he lectures as well on procedures. I'm not keen on the idea of surgery from the back because of the limitations and I will need all the strength in my left leg to heave me up. This is where the big problem will be :groan: I'm still recovering from surgery on my opposite leg and a torn quad muscle. It's strong enough to cope with the hip procedure as long as I don't use it all the while. This will prove difficult when getting up from the loo or a seated position, my knee cap is shot as well and dislocates easily. However, I start hydrotherapy again today for my left leg and knee and I have a few more weeks to get it stronger.
Poppet, hi there lovely :) yep, I've read through procedures and it seems as if my bottom will get a pounding :yikes:
 
Red Shoe heh heh I don't see alot of members here complaining about how it hurts to sit on a scar-- they're all griping about that darn 90 degree restriction LOL :) (I should talk, I had anterior also, simply b/c the surgeon who came highly recommended to me does that.)
 
Hi Red Shoe I hope you have a fantastic time in Scarborough and Whitby.I love the fish and chips in Whitby too and I have heard so many good reports about Goth week it sounds like a real laugh I don't think it happens until October though.Have a great break and I hope you get some sunshine.
 
The big decision will be where to have your fish and chips, Magpie is the famous restaurant but Trenchers on the corner is wonderful too..................ooh I'm really jealous, fish, chips, mushy peas, bread and butter and a cup of tea, in Whitby, mmm heaven!!!
 
Littlejem Kim22 zauberflöte Poppet and everyone else
I can't thank you enough for all your help and support, I'm so glad I joined this forum.To be able to have a grumble and share my hip woes has been a breath of fresh air. I'm scared to death of having the op but your info has made it less daunting. I had a letter from the OT today, saying they would send someone out to see what I will need after the op. I'm thinking of asking for a spa bath, some decking and a sauna with a man servant thrown in :heehee:
 
Red Shoe it's a running joke that has picked up way too much steam! Here's the original post, #102 on this page:

The steamroller, across the forum winding its way, has given him chocolate to carry, diamonds to wear and gift, red stilettos, a "dislocated hip" thong to wear, AND, sqwerlie 's in-home PT is Canadian and suggested to her on his first visit that they go get in bed! The poor Sqwwerl can not keep a straight face when he comes, can you sqwerlie ?
 
[Bonesmart.org] Newbie saying hello and asking advice
Red Shoe. You haven't posted lately---so just wanted to check on you.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
  • Are you still away, hope you are enjoying yourself?? Saw your post on Facebook this morning about hubby and daughter at Wimbledon today, lucky things!!
 
Red Shoe checking in dear lovelies :kittykiss: I've been away for a few days with my sister. I'm back now and no doubt will be up to mischief :heehee: xxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom