Guest viewing is limited

Newbie saying hello and asking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littlejem sounds a lovely way to spend the day, I love my garden :) Take it easy and rest and ignore the weeds, the amount of rain we've had has made them flourish, I'm looking forward to Scarborough next week with my sis, we are stopping in an old barn conversion and just chilling. My hubby Mark will be decorating our back room then on the Thursday he and our daughter Megan have tickets for the Wimbledon semi finals !! How lucky are they :kittykiss:
 
It's good to have a break and your trip could be just what you need to recharge and get you through your busy July, lets hope so. I've sat for a couple of hours in the garden, had to pull a couple of weeds though, they were in the pot which was next to me :heehee: Back inside watching Wimbledon now, Hewitt and Brown, how lucky for Mark and Megan to be going to watch the semi finals next week though:) wow!!
 
Hugs to you both, yes Megan and Mark are lucky to be going. She put her name down for tickets and you never know what your going to get offered. She got the semi finals !!! She's so lucky, she wins everything, even won us a holiday to America four years ago. I keep asking her to buy a lottery ticket but she never does :)
Littlejem naughty you for pulling some weeds but I know it's tempting. My neighbours just given me some plants and I'm eyeing up the garden fork and wondering if I should have a go, mat wait for Mark to get back from shopping.
Elosarabrab a wine smiley would be nice, preferably a nice Pinot :kittykiss:
 
Red Shoe I understand that "feeling low in yourself"-- I'm sorry! About now would be a time to start thinking about how "high' you will feel when the hip pain is GONE! I would agree that funky walking now would put different stresses on the spine and the whole body; I can't speak to what they may do in surgery, I kinda wish to remain ignorant so I don't have psychosomatic pains! I do know that I was pretty worried about my op side knee-- but it's no worse, and maybe better!
Drug up and sing your heart out, girl! Sleep in the car, sing some more :)
 
The bath board is good for getting in the shower. **** on it the lift legs over. At first wrap a towel around you and get help with legs. X
 
I meant to say that if any one wants to find me on fb then you can get me via my band Red Shoes. I tell the world about my bones on there as well as sing and shout :)
 
I spoke to the consultants secretary and I get my op date next week, he only does hips on a Thursday so it will either be August 22nd or August the 28th :spin: . As soon as I get my date I will put it up on the board. We have a really important festival to play October 14 th, hope I will be ok to do it. Will have to sing sitting down but I'm trying to learn that :)
 
Red Shoe Its great when you get a confirmed date. you can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I hope you have a lovely break, but dont do what I did when I went away with my sister a few weeks pre-op. I hid a lot of the pain I was in and kept quiet when I needed a rest. And I was too proud to use my walking stick, even though I took it with me. I did far too much and came back in agony. Take it easy when you are away and be honest if you dont feel up to doing something. :)
 
TeeEm my sis is very good and holds me back from doing too much. She works at our super hospital called The Queen Elizabeth, it's where they bring the soldiers from war. She tells me off if I walk to far and stops me in my tracks. It will be the first time I've been away from my family and I intend just to chill. I would like to visit Whitby and attempt the Abby steps. It's where Bram Stoker wrote Dracula and it gave him his inspiration . Perhaps I will come back with a song about vampires :heehee:
 
Teem totally agree about hiding pain and trying to be "normal". Although sometimes find people can tell. Red Shoe I'll add you on Facebook. And I like the visits to Bram Stoker country, sounds like fun! :-)
 
I would like to visit Whitby and attempt the Abby steps. It's where Bram Stoker wrote Dracula and it gave him his inspiration . Perhaps I will come back with a song about vampires :heehee:
Oh I love Whitby, lovely quaint little shops and the fish and chips are to die for!! I wouldn't do the steps if I were you they aren't easy for the fittest of people, steep and uneven, far better to drive round to the top and then you can walk amongst the Abbey ruins. We once went there during goth week, which is held every year because of the connection of Bram Stoker writing that Dracula came to our shores here and it was amazing to see all the goths dressed up to the 'nines' in some brilliant, weird and wonderful costumes. Let's hope it inspires you to write a song!!
 
I spoke to the consultants secretary and I get my op date next week, he only does hips on a Thursday so it will either be August 22nd or August the 28th :spin: . As soon as I get my date I will put it up on the board. We have a really important festival to play October 14 th, hope I will be ok to do it. Will have to sing sitting down but I'm trying to learn that :)
You might be surprised Red Shoe - you may be standing & doing very well by Oct 14th! Let us know when you get that date. ❤
 
Shadow09 Oooh do you think so? I'm hoping the date will be the 22 nd as it gives me that extra week. I hope you ok and doing well :kittykiss:
 
Shadow09 oh goodie, that's a relief. It's nearly 2 am in the morning here in the UK and I'm catching up reading people's journeys on here. Hip pain keeping me awake as usual but hopefully the tramadol will kick in soon :)
 
Red Shoe I understand the night hip pain!!! I hope you get some sleep! I noticed in a prior post you mention you are having a posterior surgery. Was there a choice & if so what made you choose the posterior approach?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom