THR New lease on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane, How are you doing? Has the shot kicked in yet? We will get thru this together. Take care and have a good weekend. Love Tashia
 
Hi Diane,

Hope you are having a good weekend and that the ankle injection has kicked in and is helpful. I agree, it is difficult to find the balance when one day something aches and the next it's gone but something else flares up. I'm glad that you are feeling good mentally and focusing on the positives.

Take care, :friends:
Cardie
 
Hi Sis,

Do hope the injection is settling the pain... Thinking of you heaps and sending many hugs and much love.

Sharon wrote a fantastic post in Forbsey's that really hit the spot for me about the various aches and pains that come out of now where.. I must write and thank her..

Xxxxxxxx...
 
Just letting you know I am still thinking about you and hoping you are getting some relief and validating what a difficult place it is to be when you are in pain. Hope you are being able to be gentle with yourself. Cathy
 
dianemarie;

Just had to let you know I am thinking about you right at this moment in time... sending warm fuzzies across cyber space xxxxx
 
Oh Cardie, Tash, Cathy, Sis, Dorothy,

Thank you all so much for caring. I am doing OK. The injection definitely helped my ankle some and I am happy for the relief. Went grocery shopping yesterday and realized at the end of the trip I hadn't needed to think about every single step I took. That was nice! I am going to the orthotist next. Thurs. to have a custom AFO brace made and that should give me even more relief from the pain. The ankle is completely shot, they say not even a speck of cartiledge left but I still want to put off surgery as long as possible. I met a woman the other day with similar ankle issues and she has been wearing the brace 7 or 8 years. That gave me some hope. And the L knee is acting up but is better with icing and meds. So I'll do what I need to do. Today both hips hurt in the trochanter area and I could not figure out why. But I did carry a very heavy grocery bag the other day (what was I thinking?) and my sneakers are completely worn out. Just ordered new ones and put ice on hips and took meds and put on some essential oils I use. So, hoping I sleep OK and tomorrow is a new day.

Met with my PT today and I am going to continue with modifications. i am afraid if I stop going I'll stop moving. I have the best of intentions of doing my exercises at home but don't always follow through. Nothing is like being at PT, I feel I do the best there and have much more confidence when people are around. This whole thing has still shaken my confidence and I struggle to get it back, maybe one day. In the meantime...one day at a time. I may sound down but really trying to stay positive and look at all I have to be grateful for each day. Retirement is the best. I couldn't work anyways so might as well enjoy the fact that I don't have to.

I've been nesting like crazy, organizing drawers, rearranging stuff, etc. Maybe sign of a crazy winter? People say they have seen all white fuzzy caterpillars and that it means a LOT of snow. I've never seen an all white one before, will keep my eyes open.

Peace.
 
dianemarie;

Just got over the mountain..... OMG it was so busy with traffic. It is so steep, without being in the drivers seat hanging onto the driving wheel, as we go down (37 k) I actually slide forward in the seat even in my seat belt! I had decided that because I keep losing my wifi signal so can't stay on the forum to distract myself, I would knit a scarf! Well I have doubled it in size in the couple of hours! SO said those knitting needles are smoking!

Another hour and we will be home, our real home! We have left the snow behind, thankfully, amazing the difference when we get to the coast in temperatures.

All white fuzzy caterpillars.. How intriguing.. I would love to see those. I don't envy you heading towards winter... Love the fact you are nesting.. Wish I could pop over and spend time with you :(

Lots of love xxx
 
Glad to hear from you. Hey, if PT is what works then I am glad you are able to keep doing it. No shame in that. We all do what works for us. That is why I did the pool for so long. It worked for me. It is totally hard to do those darn specific excercises at home. I really struggle with that myself. Clams, leg raises, both things I need to be doing to strengthen my glut med and am I doing them as often as I should ??? :whistle: NOT.

I hope the brace works well for you. My mom actually had an unsuccesful ankle fusion many years back so her ankile is totally shot. She has worn a brace for years. It works really well for her. She would not be able to walk without it. My wish is it works as well for you.

Having multiple issues is really really hard. Just want to validate that. I know it is not easy to keep your spirits up when numerous things are going on with the body. One day at a time is all we have and you seem to be really working hard at staying positive and doing whatever you can to help yourself get to the other side of these physical issues. I admire you for that, I really do. I sincerely do believe, even though you are dealing with multiple issues, you will eventually get to your new normal place and be able to live life a bit more smoothly than now.

p.s. have only seen the brown fuzzy ones around here. I can't say I have ever seen a white one while living in N.Y. and that one winter we had 192 inches of snow, so fuzzy white or not, Syracuse, with the exception of a few winters, is always pretty snowy. I will never forget that winter haha. I kept saying to Cheryl (jokingly of course) "you moved us to this godforsaken place" haha.

Keep being gentle with yourself and this process. Sending you healing thoughts Diane, Cathy :console2:
 
Hi Diane, Multiple problems are so hard to deal with. I have that with my back and hip, and I don't like it! Your ankle sounds especially difficult; you have to use it to walk, so I bet that's a tough thing to work with. You say you are postponing the surgery, but would that fix things so you can do more? I'm sure you don't want any more surgery, but if you can be up and going again it may be worth it.

Take care,

Dorothy
 
Yes, multiple issues. I can no longer see light at the end of the tunnel but oh well, will stay positive. Thanks, Cathy, for the validation. thanks also for the reminder of the Syracuse winters, although I don't really need any LOL!

Dorothy, I hear you about the surgery but I cannot bear any more right now. I will prolong the ankle as long as possible. I am not completely healed from L hip yet and am still dealing with nerve issues and L knee arthritis. I don't feel I am strong enough nor do I feel healed enough to take on anything like that. I will know when I am ready and face it then. Good to hear from you both and sounds like you are doing well. Dorothy, good luck with the back to work issues. We do get to the point where we don't care what others think, just important to take care of ourselves.
 
Can't see the light at the end of the tunnel? Then keep posting and keep talking about it. Keep getting the support you need ( I am listening to myself too hehe) . You have a lot on your plate. Sounds like trying the brace is a good idea, but of course only you know what is best for you. I feel for you as I know it is tough times. Hang in there, Cathy

P.s. sorry for the winter reminder haha, first enjoy a beautiful upstate fall :)
 
Hi Sis...

What lies behind us. And what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies inside us.... You are one special lady.....

Hang in there
 
When you are ready for the operation, You will have it. I agree don't put it too close together as long as you aren't in real hard pain. I don't remember seeing that little bug when I lived in Albany, NY. However I do remember the snow. Good to hear from you. Your friendship is so special. I am also nesting myself and it feels so good. The furture is just that, It will come when its time, Now is what you know. Tashia :bicycle1: sending you positive waves.
 
Hang in there Sis... You are very loved by your BoneSmartie friends :)
 
Diane


I was just thinking of you today
and wondering how you were.
So I thought
I'd drop you a little note,
to bring you some smiles and cheer,
Just consider this a virtual hug :friends:
to brighten up your day and
remember that very caring friends
are just a note away.

Ann
 
Oh Diane, I totally know what you mean about getting the best exercise at PT, and not being so good about keeping up at home. If I were smart, I'd keep going....especially all winter when I don't get out walking every day. As for another surgery, I firmly believe you'll know when you're ready. Sometimes time heals, and sometimes it doesn't, and that's when you make a conscious decision to do what's best for you. It's a proactive decision, because you make it when you're ready. We'll all being here cheering you on, no matter what you decide.

Sharon
 
Annie, thanks for the "poem", loved it and it really did cheer my day! You are very sweet.

Tash, Sis and Sharon,

Yes, putting off this surgery as long as possible. Can't do it right now for many reasons and I used to be like, well let's get it over if it needs to be done, but not any more. The thought of having to face more surgeries has put me in a different mind set and I want to live as peacefully as possible each day. I will know when the time is right and I am able to free my mind from surgery thoughts for now. Going tomorrow morning to be casted for my custom AFO brace for my ankle. Mixed feelings but know it will be for the best. At least know the weather is for long pants, figure by spring I'll be used to it enough to "bare all" with my capris.

Peace and love.
 
You sound firm in what you need to do, and that is all we can ask for - to have some clarity every once in a while. Hope it goes well with the brace fitting tomorrow. I am still chuckling about our post about my DL joke - haha
 
Hi Sis

I love your sense of peace.. You are a shining light to all of us, especially me :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom