THR New lease on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came over to say HI and to send you some postive waves. I know knowing you need more surgies isn't the best for cheering you up so I will tell you what I did. I got a jar with a lid and then I on a piece of paper I put in the surgies, and all that stuff that comes with it and put the paper in the jar and buried it. And then put a sign on it Gods Garden. Can't think about this until God tells me to. Walked away and keep the weeds from growing and got to doing with what needed to be done for right now. Before I knew I had to go to the gardedn and got it up and opeend it up. I found that most of the writing had faded and I also found that most of the things I thought needed to be done was not needed or didn't look like so much work. I find if I give all my problem to God it seems to lessen by burdon and make it so much easier. I still have to do the work but it does put me at peace. I do hope this help. If we all support each other we will make our hills and then have a big celebration. Love Tashia :bicycle2: trying to get back on.
 
Tashia, that is beautiful!

Diane, I hope you can find as much relief as possible from the pain and difficulties you are currently facing. I think about you often.

Dorothy
 
Oh, Tash, That is beautiful. Made me tear up (in a good way). You knew exactly what to say and believe me I do "give it over" to God daily. Without His caring life would be pretty bleak.

And Dorothy, your words and caring are also very special to me. Thank you!

And Sis, Thanks for the upbeat note on my thread. I am going to talk with Jeff about his ankle after I finish up here. Thanks for the connection, I'm sure it will help both of us.

You all mean the world to me.

Today I went and had my foot casted for my AFO brace. The people there were extremely kind, gentle and caring. The kind of place that makes it easy to go to and do business with. It will be ready within 2 weeks, so I go back the 18th for the fitting, etc. and then will have my brace.

The shot kicked in even more and currently I am without pain in the ankle and can ambulate with no issues. It is a blessing to be able to walk without thinking about every single step. That can get quite tiring. I am using my cane less and less. Nerve issue is still continuing to improve. Even slower now but I'll take every little bit of improvement I can get. Hips feel great!

Peace and love.
 
Hi Sis

So pleased that the injection is giving you relief.. and that you are using the cane less and less, the nerve pain is improving... I see a tiny flicker of light at the end of your tunnel..

Will be interested to read about your connection with Jeff :)

Sending much, much love xx
 
Diane, You were on my mind so I came over to say HI. I hope this finds you pain free. I know your angle has been a pain, I hope that the injections is working. I hope the Fall has brought you beauful colors in the trees. This year you can take walks during the days and enjoy the colors. Love Tashia
 
Hi!

Been a while since I've posted. My hips are doing great! I finished PT for now and am relatively pain free. Still use a cane for longer distances and when tired but walking more without it. Just a little "wobble" and some steps no wobble at all. There used to be a little toy called weebles and the jingle was "weebles wobble but they don't fall down". They were little egg shaped people. I like that jingle as long as I don't fall down. HaHa.

Ankle is also relatively pain free. I will be fitted for my custom AFO tomorrow morning and thinking they will give me a wearing schedule to get used to it. They told me it will put more stress on my L leg and foot/ankle as I get used to it so I'm happy I'm feeling better. Nerve issue continues to improve...don't know if it will ever be 100% but I could live with it now if I have to so that it good also.

My daughter and son-in-law were here the weekend of the 6th and my daughter is coming back this weekend to visit by herself. I love my son-in-law but it will be wonderful to have Kim all to myself and do girl things. We have some shopping planned and watching movies. It always fills my heart to overflowing to spend time with her.

The autumn leaves are stunning here this year. At peak this week and I go for a drive almost daily and wonder at the beauty.

I will be going to my PT place as a gym for a while. You pay a nominal fee and can use all of their equipment so I will go a couple times a week. It will help keep me honest, as much as I try I am not disciplined on my own.

Take care everyone. Much love and happy healing.
 
Hi Sis... How wonderful to read your update and to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel, finally honey.... Sending all my love and hugs xx
 
Diane, you sound so great! I'm very happy to hear that you are finally at a good place with the hip recovery--you went through a lot with that nerve thing. That must be a huge relief and enable you to walk better.

When my femoral nerve was numbed after the last injection, I asked Dr. C if this is how people feel when a nerve is damaged during surgery and he said "basically, yes" ... I thought of you. Yikes!! You are so amazing to have gone through this for as long as you did without losing your mind. I know I would be an absolute mess! I often think of you when I'm feeling down about my much less serious muscle issue, and I think "Diane is dealing with her glitch in the process. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself and deal with mine too--it will ge better." I also hope the AFO will help with the ankle problem. Whew! It's been a long haul, but you are getting there!

I would LOVE to meet again when I'm in Syracuse for appointments. I'll keep you posted. I may have to have someone drive me to the next injection because it's late in the day, and I'm sure I will have the same nerve numbness and probs moving the leg to drive. They close their office at 4:30, I think. My injection won't be until right before closing, so if I drive myself, I'll end up waiting in the parking lot while it un-numbs (took an hour to get to the point where I felt safe to drive even a short distance ... don't know if I want to do that in November. And, then add to that, I will be pretty tired from working all day, driving to Syracuse.

... hmmmm ... When my muscle problem is resolved more maybe I'll just swing up to Syracuse on a weekend. If we both feel up to it, maybe we can go to a mall and window shop for a bit and then have lunch or something? That sound good? It sounds good to me just writing about it. :-) As weird as it seems, I get excited thinking about walking around a mall because I haven't been able to comfortably do it for several years and rarely shopped at the malls. I'm hoping my muscle problems and your pain/nerve problems will be a thing of the past soon and I can do that with you! We both can!!!!!! Or, just lunch or dinner if no mall walking .

Whatever we do--it will be celebration time because we have both have to brand new hips!!!

Dorothy
 
Hi Diane,
I love to hear about your visits with your daughter!! I am also an only child, but my mom is gone now. I hope when my kids get to the other side of adolescence we will have enjoyable times together like you describe.

I hope the ASO brace is easy to adjust too, and that you can find a nice ankle bracelet for it too :)

Wishing I was in NY state too for lunch & the malls,
Cardie
 
Cardie,

So good to hear from you. I got the brace today and it will take some getting used to it. I walk extremely awkward with it right now and it actually makes my ankle hurt a little because it holds it in a position slightly different than it is used to. And we know how even a slight adjustment of our bodies can cause disruption. But sitting with it on feels very comfortable, stable and supported. I am going to take my time and build up. Need new sneakers also. They keep changing the models and the one I loved is no longer made and I'm already sending back a pair
that don't work for me. It can be daunting but I'll find something. didn't even think of an ankle bracelet. Maybe a new business for me...fashionable AFO braces. Thanks for the laugh...

Yes, it does take our child(ren) a while to grow up but it is so satisfying when they get to an age where you can just have fun and enjoy each others company. You will get there...takes patience just like this healing business. How are you doing? I have begun to think of this as a lifetime process, and take each day as it comes with as much acceptance as possible. Some days are better than others.

Love, peace and happiness to you.
 
Hi Sis

Just catching up.. I do hope the brace gives you some relief.. so pleased that the hip and the nerve pain is settling... John keeps telling me it's all about time.. I think there is no doubt surgery has changed me in heaps of ways, some good, some not so good..
 
How the brace doing? I hope its what you needed. I think we all are getting close to the top of the hill. When we get there we need to have one big celebration. With the weather changing please be careful. We are getting ready for our first storm. Will be good to feel the rain. Also to be able to take the car out and see how it does with the rain. With price of gas it sure makes you not to waste it. Take care my friend and have fun this weekend. Tashia:bicycle1:
 
Hi Diane,

Take it nice and easy with the new brace and new shoes on top of it!!! While you are looking for your fashionable AFO brace accessories you can always go with pinstripes and the #2 for our Derek Jeter as he recovers from his ankle surgery.
[Bonesmart.org] New lease on life

Hope he has an easier time of it than we have, huh!! :)
Take care,
Cardie
 
Oh he's a bit of a cutie Cardie, yes Sandy, lovely smile.

Hope the brace helps a lot Diane and it doesn't take too long for you to get used to it........I can image how your ankle is uncomfortable with it on.

Take care

Ann
 
Thought I would give a little update.

Wearing the brace more and getting used to it. It helps SOOOOO much. I need to go next week and have a couple of adjustments made in it. Got new sneakers and they help also. Can have another cortisone injection early Dec. This one helped great but is wearing off some.

Hips are doing super. R one never gives me any problem. Totally never even give it a thought. L one still has its moments now and again. Just today I was bending a lot to get new sneakers adjusted just right and I can feel it a little tonight. Just a little tender but mostly I forget it was replaced also.

Still try to find that balance between doing too much or not enough. Have had a few days of just feeling great but have some other health issues going on and try to stay positive. Going to have a massage next week and have her work on lower legs and feet where the fascia feels very tight.

Love the pic of Jeter. He is young and in shape so no doubt will heal well and be back in no time.

Well, take care everyone.
 
Hi Sis dianemarie;

Just spotted you online and that you had updated.. Next week is our anniversary week, my surgical Sis...

Glad that you are finding the brace helps and that your sneakers have arrived :)

Enjoy your massage hon...

Sending you heaps of love and positive thoughts xxxxxxx
 
Happy anniversary for next week. Can you beleive a whole year has gone by. In some way fast and some ways so slow. I am so glad you are doing better with the hips and foot. I hardly think of my hip unless its a little tender. We all are going to get to the top and then have a unbieable party. Have a very good weekend. LOL Tashia
 
Hi Sis,

Happy birthday to hip number two.. [Bonesmart.org] New lease on life

Hard to believe where this last year has gone.. Love you heaps and treasure your friendship very much.. [Bonesmart.org] New lease on life

[Bonesmart.org] New lease on life

For you... [Bonesmart.org] New lease on life

Hugs xx
 
Happy Birthday to your hips, Happy Birthday to them. May they have many more years. :loll:A whole year WOW what a way to go and look at all your progress. I do hope you have a better year. I know you aren't feeling the best but everything will be ok. We all have ruff times in life and it comes out that we are even stronger for it. I know that your foot is giving you some trouble but it will get better and you will feel better. May our friendship grow in the next year. Have a good week and celebrate. I wish we could have lunch together but it will have to be thru the cyber space. Take care my good friend. Tashia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom