THR New lease on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry Tash, If it is snowy or icy I do not go out. I take advantage of clear, dry days like today. My mom and I went and did a little shopping. I will cancel appts if it looks bad. Everyone is quite sympathetic to my not liking to drive in the winter and they are understanding.
 
Diane, How are you doing? Hows the weather. We are having more rain.:umm: It also has turned Cold. I know my cold isn't your cold but it is cold to me. Its going to be in the lows 50s tomarrow and 30s at night. That is about of cold I want to get. Please take care and take a easy. Hugs Tashia :friends: :console2:
 
Hi Tash,
Doing OK. Having some anxiety around health procedures I need, but 1 is over, so several more to go. Should be good by February. Our weather has been beautiful for this time of the year. Sunny days, hardly any snow yet (it looks like spring outside) and warmer than usual temps. Thanks for the hugs, just what I needed today.
 
Diane, How are you doing? Hows the weather? Ist really cold here. I am so glad I got to meet you this year and got to know you. Our friendship will carry into 2013 and become more speicial than it is now. Take care. Tashia
 
Diane, I missed you at the party. I got tired and had to leave for a while. The world is so small but it took so long for all of us to celebrate the New Year. I don't believe in making promises I can't keep so I just say I try to improve my life and live pain free. I wish the same for you. Hows the weather, we are really cold tonight down in the twenty. I know that isn't cold for you but it really is here. My joints do not like the cold to say the least. Can't wait to hear from you to see how you are doing. Take care. Tashia
 
Well the new year is here and I'm trying to get organized and failing. I have tried to get my sewing room arranged and having so mush trouble with it. Also I am trying to get my machine software in a place so that if I want to find it I would go to a system and find it imeditaly. so far I haven't been able to come up with a system. I could use notecards I guess than a file box. So far my hip is doing just great. I wished I could say the same for the knees. How is you angle doing? If you have any subjection, I am open to any. Hope you had a good new Year. Do take care and have a good weekend. Tashia
 
Hi everyone, Help. My left hip hurts. was replaced Nov. 2011. I have over done it the past few days. Lots of bending, walking, pushed a very heavy shopping cart today and bent over a lot to put lotion on feet and ankles. Feels like bee stings around the incision and now awake at 1:30 am with a terrible aching in the hip joint. Can one over do it this late out past replacement. Anyone know what a loosened prothesis feels like or think it might be that? help please!
 
Hi dianemarie, so sorry you are in pain. Can you tell us what you did that may have aggravated your hip? What activities have you added recently that might be causing this pain? Does it ease if you ice and take something for the pain?
 
Yes, I have over-done it the past few days Lots of bending, walking, pushed very heavy grocery cart, lifted heavy groceries, bent over in chair for a while putting lotion on feet and ankles. I just took some tylenol and am icing. too soon to tell if it is helping. feels like bee sting around incision and deep ache in the joint
 
Sounds like you have just been a bit more active than normal. Doing things you wouldn't normally do. I get a dull ache in my hip when I lift something heavier than normal.

Rest and ice a bit. Take that Tylenol and if things settle in the next day or so you know it's just from over doing. If things don't settle see your family doctor just to put your mind at ease. Sounds like you are just very tired. :zzz:
 
thanks Jaycey. Feels better now after tylenol and icing. NO temp. or redness around incision site. I really did over do it the past few days. Just scared me because it has never hurt like this before. I've noticed some pain when getting in and out of car a little. Going to rest and try and sleep. will call dr. tomorrow if needed.
 
Glad things are easing. I think a bit of rest for a few days will do the trick. These hips are very tough. It will take a great deal force to do any damage. Night, night! :sleep:
 
Hi Sis, sorry at work, so pleased Jaycey was online.

Hugs xx
 
Di, Sorry to hear about that. Please take care and please be careful. :puppysmooze: :friends: :console2: :console2: :console2: :flwrysmile:Tashia
 
Hi Diane,

I hope your hip is feeling a bit better after the tylenol and ice. Here is your other thread in case you want to see it still. Keep us posted!! I get soreness from pushing a heavy load or lifting, what to me used to be a normal amount, heavy items.

Glad that Jaycey was up and able to help you last night :)
Take care,
Cardie
 
People without THR can have pain when they exert themselves in ways that they aren't used to. Even with the bionic joints, we're still just regular people.
 
dianemarie, you don't say how old you are. Every year older we get we lose a little bit of strength--we still function normally but just can't do all we could when we 40, hip or no hip. I'm not a doctor or anything but having a reaction to overdoing sounds normal. At 6 months I can overdo it and pay for it and then go and do it again. I'm not going to stop living just because something hurts. Hope you feel better very soon.:happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom