Guest viewing is limited

THR New lease on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Cardie, I used to take glucosamine/chondroitin supplements and then a separate one with MSM. Are they available in a supplement all together now? My OS recommended it before my 1st THR but at that time things were so far gone I didn't get any relief but he thinks they work for 50% of people so I think I will try again. Thanks for the reminder! The MSM did give me some relief and helped me feel better in general.
 
diane, I noticed you were are line, so I thought i would say "HI" Hope you have a good weekend. I think we get so focus on the hips, knees that we forget we can have fun. Like laughing. watches something funny or be with a good friend and just enjoy the day. So do have fun this weekend. take care.:doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Hi Tashia! thanks for the positive thoughts on having some fun. I felt better today than I have in a long time. Hope you have a wonderful weekend also.
 
I don't know, Diane. I was wondering that myself. :what: I think she's just busy these days. The same thing happened to me after my THR. I was so excited to be able to do things again that I got seriously overextended. It took a while for me to figure out what a normal level of activity should be. Not saying that Sarah is overextended. I'm sure she has more sense than I did.
 
Sarah has written that she has a very heavy work schedule right now and through the month of June. She vows to return!!!
 
Had an awesome day. Can't really put my finger on it but I just feel better...physically, mentally, emotionally, all the way around. Saw my nutritionist and re-commited to losing weight being healthier. Then saw OS and when they asked about my hip I was like... well, no issues, no problems, no complaints, no pain, I just feel plain good. Don't need to go back for 3 months. Knee feels OK and so does ankle, so I'm going with it...Nice to turn little corners and continue healing without all the major aches, pains and issues. My gait is even improving even though still need the cane, my lurch is not so pronounced without it. yeah and the weather is beautiful, helps with the healing process.
 
Hi Sis

I take Glucosomine and Chondrotin and MSM separately. I have some very good article particularly about the MSM :)

Hugs xx
 
Snap... :)

We were posting at the exact same time.

So pleased you are feeling better Sis and have had a good report.. Wonderful news, about time honey :)

Maybe retiring has more benefits than I thought ?
xx
 
What a great update from your day yesterday, Diane!!

Yes, there are glucosamine/chondroitin supplements with MSM in them. I do a supplement from the Vitamin Shoppe

I agree with you on the weather helping -- nice to have the sun shining & flowers blooming :friends:

Have a nice weekend,
Cardie
 
Diane, I am so glad you had a good day and feeling great. All you hard work has paid off. I got a feeling that not having to go back to work is now making you feel better. yes it is a adjustment but a excellent one. Keep it up. I will let you know when my knee will get done. since I am on call I am going to get the apartment all ready for whenever. the weather is great. Have a good weekend. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Hi Diane, how lovely to hear you felt so much better yesterday, hopefully you have turned a corner and things will just get better.

Take care

Ann
 
Thanks, Tash, yes the retirement has helped so much. No stress...even though it hasn't really sunk in yet, I will get my 1st retirement check the 31st and then it will seem more real.
Annie,
Yes, another corner turned! As recovery continues it isn't as dramatic as in the beginning but more subtle changes continue and I am grateful for them still.
Been sleeping so well and upped my protein intake and both have helped so much.
 
Diane,
How wonderful to hear about your great day! I hope it's just the beginning of many great days for you:) Enjoy the beautiful start to the weekend here on the East Coast. Just seeing the sun shining makes me feel so much better!
Dee
 
Diane, I wish you a great weekend. I find that since I retired a couple of months ago that I don't know which day of the week it is anymore. I hope you keep enjoying your retirement. It is wonderful.
Great that you are sleeping well.
Bea
 
Thanks, Dee! Yes the weather is glorious! Hope you are able to get out in to the healing sun. It feels so good.
And Bea,
Isn't it great that we really don't need to know what day it is...I love not knowing. So glad you are enjoying retirement yourself. We have so much to be thankful for...
 
Hi Diane,

Thank you for asking about me, I have been reading the posts, just haven't had a lot of time to write comments......I leave for Vegas June 6th for a week then after that it will slow down a little. Busy busy with sales things, plus I did take my first plane trip...it was fabulous not worrying about my hip. I felt strong, confident and had no fears walking through the airport and was comfortable on the plane, wooooohoooooo took my heels with me to wear when I landed yay!!
The blessing from this last trip is I have NO pain at all and feel great, bouncing around the airport, using the moving escalators are lots of fun. I'm thinking I'm healed completely.....hope so!! I might have some news to share after next week which hopefully will be groovy happy news! Great teaser there sorry....to be continueed!!

Miles is lovely and naughtier than ever.

This time last year before my show I was 40+lbs heavier, in pain from hip....and now I feel like a brand new person it's FABULOUS!!!! I'm very happy with my recovery.

I've babbled! Hope you are enjoying your retirement!

xxooxx
 
Sarah's back... Wahoo! A new woman. So lovely to read your great update Sarah..... So, so happy for you. Now you are teasing us :).....

@DallasSarah:

Once again, and I am sure I echo this from everyone - lovely to have you back xxxxx
 
Thanks Sandy,

I'll still be missing for a couple of more weeks, after our LV show it will slow down completely. Taking on a couple of other projects is what really buried me and added trips into my schedule which wasnt planned for. It's a very exciting time too. I feel alive, confident and back to normal it's sooooo nice to do things and not worry about my hip hurting.

I'll pop over and catch up on others threads!

Love to all....

xxooxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom