THR New lease on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a little muscle spasm, maybe caused by having your leg in an unusual position for a while while you had the pedicure. Or something similar. Don't worry, it will settle in time.
 
dianemarie, i just thought I would drop by and say Hi. How are you doing? it was so nice to hear from you last night. Isn't great that we have a place that we come and meet people all around the world and find we have so much in common. Do take care. :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
Hi Tashia,

And...so nice to hear from you. I am doing OK. Slow going...I went out the other day (you can read my posts from a couple days back) and over did it just a little so had a day of rest today and no more pain in my L knee now. I am a little discouraged and tired tonight but hopefully tomorrow will be better. I am just really wondering when I might be able to go back to work...I know I am not strong enough just yet. But lunch out tomorrow with 2 friends from work. I'm torn between taking my walker or cane. Yes, having this forum to come to is a god-send for us. Talk soon, and hope you are well. Nitey nite. Do you know where Sandy is?
 
diane, I find that when I go out and I set for a long time that a walker works better because I have better balance. It also depends on where I am going because the space between the tables can be close. Just be careful. However have lots of fun and enjoy being with your friends. Sleep tight.:doggieshmooze:tashia:friends:
 
diane, How are you doing with walking? Did you try the cane? Hope the weather isn't too bad. I grew up in Colorado and I do know what ruff weather can be. I jusst wanted to drop by and say Hi. take care.:doggieshmooze:tashia:friends:
 
Hi Tashia,

Thanks for asking. I took my walker out to lunch...that way I had no anxiety and could relax and have fun...which I did for 2 hours. Am transitioning to the cane around the house and doing OK with it. Hope you are well.
 
Jen,

Thanks for asking. No problems whatsoever with the knees or any other muscles after thoroughly enjoying my lunch out with friends. My goal this week is to start using the cane a lot more so I can be more confident with it and get out of the house even more. I never thought I was vain but I really don't like going out with the walker and it is a pain (but beats being house bound). It will just be easier with the cane. Looking forward to getting out again tomorrow because it is supposed to be 50 degrees. nitey nite.
 
Diane,

I hope you got decent weather today...it flirted with 50 here.

And now that the winter should be thinking of wrapping up they are predicting an actual storm for later this week!

Hopefully the Spring lets us get the fresh air that we need to put our recovery in the home stretch...

Z
 
Hi Diane,

You sound well :) Don't worry if you are using the walker or the cane at this time, the more you walk the more confident you will get.

Thrilled you had fun with your friends, thats always good for the soul!

xxooxx
 
dianemarie, I had to come over to wish you a happy Bitrthday. Have a very special Day. I hope the sun is bright and no snow. Where do you live? I hope winter has been kind to you. I see that there are storms all over the US. I hope it doesn't keep you in. :doggieshmooze:tashia:cheers_wine:
 
Hi All,

This is a big day for me...my 1 year anniversary from my RTHR! That recovery was uneventful, smooth and easy. My new R hip never gives me trouble and works like a charm. It has only hurt once in the past year and that was after a rigorous PT session with my LTHR. It has been a blessing to be out of pain as I was in pain with my R hip for 5 years before being diagnosed.

My LTHR is taking a bit longer to heal due to some nerve issues but is also a blessing as the pain I have now is nothing compared to the bone on bone pain and it is healing albeit very slow. All in all feeling great and looking forward to getting back to work and my "new lease on life" as soon as possible. See my OS this Friday and we will go from there. Taking things a month at a time at this point. And spring is coming, as Z says it should help us all with our recoveries.

Thanks to this site and all who have supported and encouraged me over the past year and continue to now... you are the BEST!
 
Hi Diane,

Happy Birthday to your hip and may you do a little happy dance after your OS appointment on Friday to celebrate!! :yahoo:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Thanks everyone for the anniversary wishes. Today I stupidly moved a piece of furniture...I am a little sore and I don't think I did any major damage but I am afraid to go to sleep tonight thinking I might wake up in pain like I did early on in my recovery. When will I learn? Sometimes I think I am still young and don't have 2 new hips and can still do what I used to do as I used to love rearranging my home and all the furniture. Today I moved a table a couple of inches and I am paying for it. I usually have good sense...just have to realize I can't do what I used to and it can get me down. Take care everyone.
 
Hi Dianemarie
I am so sorry you hurt yourself today. And a day after your aniversary.
It is so easy to overdo things once you feel better. Get a good nights rest and maybe put some ice on it.
I have been playing with ice or heat lately when I ovedo it. Can't really say which ones works better.
Maybe rest tomorrow. :bathtub:
Bea
 
Hi Diane,

I hope that you are ok today. On the furniture, my suggestion is to rip up the carpets and get hardwood flooring if you don't already have it -- then get those little broken link removed: https://www.homedepot.com/buy/tools-hardware-hardware-fasteners-casters-glides-pads-cushions/shepherd-1-in-heavy-duty-self-adhesive-felt-pads-16-pack-187267.html, round circle cushions available at the local home improvement stores to put on the bottom of all your furniture legs and then you can more gently push things around the room.

It's all about adapting to our new normal...
Take care,
Cardie
 
I came over too see how you are doing? I hope you had a good night sleep. And most important you are not hurting. In five or six days I get celebrate 2years on my knee replacement. Boy time does fly. My shoes are working, How about yours? My toe even let me wear regular shoes yesterday. The pain classes I guess are ok. Yesterday the person started pushing herbs for rest and boy did that puss my botton. Because the ones she subjected are not to be taken with pain pills. Before people subject stuff I do wish they do their homework. Herbs are very strong and should be used will care. When my husband was dying I got into herbs a lot because pain pills didn't help him, so I went to a herb speclist and she helped with the pain. I have to go will write more later. :friends:Tashia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom