TKR New knee for me !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the bike u mentioned. Legs are way out in front of you. I was just rocking back and forth.. and then tried to do full rotations. It's not as big of a circle as a regular bike. Felt pretty good.trust me..it was slow and steady. . but felt good to open up the knee.

Theresa 9/21/15 left knee
 
Hi @Lili, you're doing so well! I'm very encouraged by your progress, and your positive outlook.
I'm feeling good. Home health PT comes in the morning, so I'll update you after after that.
Congratulations on graduating to outpatient PT! You're a superstar :wow:
 
@Lili try moving your seat of the bike back a little bit. That might help you do a full rotation.
 
@Lili, as others have said move seat back to where you barely reach the pedals. Very slowly go forward, then backward - being careful not to make an unexpected rotation.
 
Wow. 4 blocks is far. Good for you. Is that with walker or cane?

Theresa 9/21/15 left knee
 
KarriB, theresav, wings the seat only goes up or down . I can't move the seat back , I'm going to try to move it up or down and see if that works . If not it will have to be half rotation. :(
Misharost when was your surgery? How are you doing?
Sending hugs to all my bonesmart friend. Xoxo

Lili
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think going back and forth slowly is just as good. [emoji317] [emoji316]

Theresa 9/21/15 left knee
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Doing good. Got out to do some grocery shopping today with my sister. Tomorrow morning may try cosco. I stop when I get tired but feels good to walk... and haven't noticed anything negative afterwards. . Swelling etc. All good. Getting Bored... hoping to see a movie this week. 6 more weeks to right knee and then back to square one.. but that knee really is weak so will be wonderful to get it over with. How do you all pass the time?


Theresa 9/21/15 left knee
 
So @Lili, you would move the seat up, so your feet barely reach the pedals. PT told me you need a flexion of at least 110 before you can make a revolution. I had more than 110, but it was a slow go with me going forward then back, forward then back many times and then it went around. PT stressed going slow.
 
I rocked back and forth at PT for about a week, then I lifted and leaned the right side of my butt and voila! Got a full rotation! I let out a squeal and shocked the whole PT room! Try lifting and leaning to your good side. My recumbent bike has a seat that moves closer or further (back) from the pedals. I love it and still ride almost every day.
 
Good luck with your recovery! Welcome!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Lili, you sound like you're doing really well, and I'm glad to hear it, considering all you went through before surgery. Do you need to have the right one replaced too?

I'm happily connected to my cryo cuff perusing the news on Bonesmart.

Take care. xo
 
I'm writing to let you know that we have a revised policy on BoneSmart as of December regarding how tags are used in posts that you may not have seen. Here is the announcement explaining the way we'd prefer members use the tag feature.

Multiple strings of tags really aren't needed as these folks are your BoneSmart friends and they are most likely following you or watching your thread. Please refer to the link I provided to Jo's announcement asking that you tie a tag to a specific comment to an individual.
 
Lili, theresav So very happy to hear you ladies are moving along and making good progress!! So good to hear from someone who is anticipating the same surgery. Thank you so much for all of your up dates!! :):)
 
ladies - we are really getting fed up with you ignoring our requests that you stop using multiple tags are the start of your posts. It makes like difficult for mobile phone users so please stop doing it. Just say the name, you don't have to make it into a tag!

On a similar note, you really don't have to quote a post in order to reply to it. As mentioned above, you are more than able to type in names, so you don't need to quote posts too. It's for the same reason, it messes with the easy use of the forum for mobile device users. It's also poor netiquette!
 
Hi friends!! I haven't posted anything lately so here is my update: feeling good , not too tired anymore, I have started going to the office not too many hours, trying to close an escrow that is taking for ever, when I solve one problem another one comes and here we go again !! Its never ending . Its new construction so dealing with the cities' not easy task
Back to my knee feels great almost no pain still feeling that tight band everyone talks about and my knee still feels a little wobbly, anyone has this feeling? May be it will go away when I start Out patient PT? ROM is great , no one has measured yet but Ican tell just the back of my knee still hurts , Im trying to ice it , helps but not that much. What else can I do ? Also does someone experience the foot from the operated leg going outwards somewhat when you walk? That is how I walked before surgery because of the pain , I hope I can fix it with time .
Today is a day at home resting !! Feels good!!

Take care everyone. Xoxo
 
Hi friends!! I haven't posted anything lately so here is my update: feeling good , not too tired anymore, I have started going to the office not too many hours, trying to close an escrow that is taking for ever, when I solve one problem another one comes and here we go again !! Its never ending . Its new construction so dealing with the cities' not easy task
Back to my knee feels great almost no pain still feeling that tight band everyone talks about and my knee still feels a little wobbly, anyone has this feeling? May be it will go away when I start Out patient PT? ROM is great , no one has measured yet but Ican tell just the back of my knee still hurts , Im trying to ice it , helps but not that much. What else can I do ? Also does someone experience the foot from the operated leg going outwards somewhat when you walk? That is how I walked before surgery because of the pain , I hope I can fix it with time .
Today is a day at home resting !! Feels good!!

Take care everyone. Xoxo
Mine feels about the same. Sometimes feels like it wants to give out. Tire easily.
Last 2 days have been hurting more. I have been doing more. Rode the mobile cart at target today. That was an experience. .good for you going to work. I've been working at home but will need to go out soon.

Theresa

Theresa 9/21/15 left knee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom