TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shelly, Hang in there. Here's wishing that everything goes smoothly tomorrow. ((((hugs))))

YUM, I love those cookies. I want one!!!
 
Oh heck.... All cookies are my favorite!:ok:And all of yours look sooo good. I am glad they are pictures or my blood sugars would spike off the charts!!!!! Mmmmm! Yes the last pic is going to be great comfort food.:SUNsmile:
Good luck tomorrow.... I am thinking about you and sending healing thoughts.
The stress involved in this recovery is very hard on all family members and anyone close to us. It will get better. I have just hit 8 weeks and my hubby is exhausted from doing all my chores as well as his. I am starting to take some of my chores back and am doing the cooking as well. It is helping his stress level too. Sometimes they just gotta vent... as do we all!!!!
 
Those cookies look amazing!

If you're still awake and fretting about tomorrow, you might want to check out some members' experiences with MUA to set your mind at ease a bit. I think there's one by Leisa and another by knitter444.
Wishing you well.
 
I am glad someone else feels the same as I do about all the cookie pics! It is just so good they are only pics! And these are some of my favorites, with the kiss!

Shelly, again good luck today and I am sending you healing thoughts!
 
Shelly you aren't a sucker, you are doing the right thing in trusting your surgeon. Since he knows more about what went on inside your knee you've got to go with his plan. I will be anxious to hear about it. I'm sorry you have to go through this. And we are counting on his promise that it won't be too painful.
Wow about your cookies! They are beautiful! Now how do you make frosting that doesn't stay moist? Mine never hardens so I've given up making that type of cookie. Yours look wonderful and what lovely gifts! I am sure people look forward to receiving them.
I couldn't believe your long day, working, driving and cooking. Geesh! You are WOMAN! I hear you ROAR!
Good for you and I hope the MUA went well. I assume it was this (Wednesday) morning?
:reindeers:
 
Home now. In quite a bit of pain but I have it up and iced so here's hoping the pain goes down a bit before I have to go to PT at 1. The hubby is home taking care of me. He's such a good nurse! I would say the pain level is about what it was the day after surgery. Unfortunately I only have Vicodin here at home and not the dilaudid (sp?) so there isn't as good of management as I had in the hospital. I just hope that it eases off soon because I won't be much good at PT is I am a crying mess in tons of pain. I will let you know if I progress.

As for the cookies, I love to eat all sorts of cookies but luckily I am not one to eat many at a time. One or two and I've had my fill. My hubby on the other hand would eat them all if I wasn't watching. The PB Kisses are my favorite cookies. Anything PB and chocolate is right up my alley. As for keeping the frosting on, you have to fully cool the cookies first and then let them sit out for quite some time so the frosting will harden a little. Usually it will harden the outer layer of frosting while keeping the interior moist. I just use cake frosting, like Duncan Heinz or Pillsbury or something.
 
Shelly, I am so glad you are home but sorry you are in so much pain and don't have pain meds. Anyway you can call your doctor and have them call a prescription in before you go to PT? Otherwise take 2 Vicodin if you can and I am assuming your hubby will drive you. Take care. :xmaskitty:
 
Hugs Shelly, I am sorry you are hurting so. But Lisa has a good idea, take 2 Vicodin, that should help some. Big hugs to you!
 
Glad the MUA is all over for you Shelly. Wishing you good luck at the physio and will wait to hear how you got on.:yes:
 
They gave me the Vicodin at 9:30 along with something in my IV so I can't take more Vicodin until 1:30. I will probably take two after PT. I just slept, iced and elevated for about 1.5 hours so I am feeling a little better now. Just in time to go to PT. ugh. Oh well after that I'm done until tomorrow. Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone! And thank you for your support! I love all of my Smart friends I've made! :friends:
 
Hugs Lisa!! Good luck at PT today. And in case you didn't know, we love you too! This forum has literally been a lifesaver for me. And glad that you have us to lean on too. Hugs~ :friends:
 
I am suffering from cookie envy! I just don't seem to have the Christmas spirit yet...still too tired from surgery I guess. Hope all went well today for you. Look forward to reading your next post.
 
Well, I had PT today but we made sure to keep it light stretching only and I am doing ok. The pain has gone down and I am just taking it easy today. The MUA was not as bad as I thought it would be so that's a great thing! I was all worried for nothing. My bend was not any more than it had been but I was swelled up a bit still and did not push it at all so it is possible it could've gone more but i didn't want to try today. We will see tomorrow how much it helped.

In the mean time, I will be stuffing my face with cookies! :rotfl:

:merrychr:
 
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
Good to hear that all is well and pain is controlled and cookies are the order of the day. Just take things slow and easy and that ROM will get there. Take care, we care.
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
​
 
:flwrysmile: So pleased its all over for you Shelly and now you can concentrate on healing and getting a lovely ROM. Hope you enjoy your cookies. I would say you certainly deserve them. Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Oh man, I am so behind, was reading about your decision not to have a MUA, then all of a sudden you got talked into it and it was the next day and I am reading quickly to see if you had it, never mind I never look at the dates things are posted. So glad it is over. Did you have to stay in the hospital? I read so fast I didn't catch that. Hope you get a really good bend now.
 
Debbie_joints, no I did not even go to the actual hospital. My OS has an outpatient surgery center just below his office in the same building. My MUA started at 8:40 (though I had to be there for prep at 7am) and I was home by 9:45. When I was done I was hurting pretty badly but they gave me something through the IV and a Vicodin which brought the pain down a little and I went home put it up and iced it and fell asleep. When I woke up the pain had gone down quite a bit. Then I went to PT and did some light stretching. By the time I got home I felt no worse than a couple days ago. I don't know how much more ROM I have but it seems a little better even just sitting on the couch. We will see tomorrow at PT. BUT first, I have to go to work tomorrow.
 
Shelly I am so glad you have this behind you! Hopefully tomorrow you will feel less pain and swelling! Thank goodness this is done before Christmas and you hopefully will enjoy your holiday! Stay we'll my friend!
 
I'm glad this is done! So it sounds like the pain is ugly right after but starts to die down pretty quickly, unlike the TKR where is a week or 2 of agony. (hope no newbies reading this!) Remember to grab your thigh and let that leg hang down instead of trying to push it other than the slides. That's how my doctor even checks it, because the quad muscle must be relaxed in order to get the good flexion. I'm so relieved the procedure went well. Probably takes a bit to get the Bend right now with swelling in there. Good for you!!!! You did it!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom