TKR New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay, for the sleep! Boo, for the tummy troubles. Hang in there today! I wish you calm tummy and endurance to get through your work day, and that you can get back to your resting and taking care of yourself. :console2:
 
Went to PT and saw the therapist that I saw back in Feb with my arthroscopic surgery. I wanted to have her again but I couldn't get on her regular schedule but I get to have her on Fridays all month long. Let me tell you how glad I am because she is awesome. She did a lot of manual work and tried several different things to see what worked and she got me to 84!!! I was so happy!!! :happydance:
 
Shelly, I agree it sucks having tummy troubles when you are dealing with everything else. Its just not fair. And you work as well. You are doing really well. I have only seen a pyhsio twice since I had my op 8 weeks ago. She just measured my ROM/extension and said carry on with what you are doing. Going back December 20th. Now I have sorted my meds out again my BP is coming down and I am eventually getting out and about with varied results but I am so glad I am not working I really couldnt cope with that as well. Hope you continue to feel better regarding the tummy and dont worry you will get there with the ROM. You are improving most times you go so hang on in there. Your remark about legs, ice, not trying to look sexy here made me giggle. :giggle: Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Yes, working sucks but it does keep my mind from being bored. I gets so sick of sitting around all the time. I have gotten out more this week which is good but my legs have decided they want to run all the time when I can't even walk right yet. They constantly need me to shake/wiggle/move them or they do it on their own and let me tell you that hurts. It's like I have restless leg syndrome all of a sudden.

The tummy troubles seem to come and go no am sure it is all the medicine I keep putting in there but I need it so no choice. For a long time I had constipation so I had to take dulcolax but now it's the opposite. I stopped that RX so I know that's not it but I am guessing it just doesn't like all of this **** I am putting in there. I will love the day I don't have to take pain meds anymore!

Thanks for the well wishes! I wish you the best too. Now, lets see if I can get these legs to stop long enough so I can go to sleep. :sleep: nite nite
 
Went out and did a bunch of hobbling around today. Walked around GFS for 15 mins holding the cart. Checked out the community pool and I think as soon as I get the ok I will start going there for some walking. They have a ladder or a handicap chair that lowers you right down into the water. How cool is that??? They also had a holiday craft show so I walked around that for about 10-15 mins. Then off to the grocery store and then Kmart where I rode the carts. Now I am home elevating. I need the swelling to go down because we bought a whole bunch of things to bake cookies and other goodies for holiday gifts. I hope I can last long enough to make these things. I will post photos when I'm done. :thumb:
 
Good luck with the baking. Excited for the photos. I had great ideas of putting the trees up tonigt. No way I could stand long enough to put each decoration on so I just sat there watching husband and daughter doing it thinking Noooooo that shouldnt go there. But i kept quiet. Killed me but i kept quiet.
 
Shelly, Wow, sounds like you had a very busy day. Glad you found the pool and the HC thing that lowers you in and out is great. Good luck with the cookies! My one cookie baking episode did my back in last week so I hope you fare better than I did!
 
Well I didn't get as many cookies done as I had hoped. We (hubby and MIL helped) got 72 sugar cookies baked and frosted and about 60 coconut macaroons done. We still have lots more to bake tomorrow. Good night all!
 
Oh boy am I feeling the ache today! It's extra cold in my house right now so maybe that is part of it but I'm under a blanket with the legs up and I am aching. I hope it goes away soon or at least the pain meds kick in because I have more baking to do and then a kids birthday party to attend this afternoon. Come on Vicodin! Do your job here! :heehee:

Hope everyone else is having a great day today! I know Randi is!
 
Shelly, I feel your pain! There is no way I could have baked cookies again after my one day as my back was killing me. Try to give yourself a rest day, maybe just buy some cookies at a bakery if you can. I hope you feel better soon! :kittykiss:
 
Shelly, One thing I am learning with this is that when you overdo it, it takes twice as long to recover from whatever it was that you did. Now I did not really have that happen with my knee, but I am sure having it with my back. Ever since I baked the cookies last weekend my back has been bothering me off and on, and it now gets easily aggravated. Really frustrating but not much I can do about it other than wait for it to calm down! :tantrum: :headbang: :gaah:
 
I found that to be true too about the setbacks when I overdid it. The thing was that I never knew that I was overdoing it until it was too late.

Shelly, forgive yourself, treat yourself well, rest, recover and try to do a little less next time... :console2:
 
Shelly just keep in mind that in approximately 2 weeks you will be doing lots better. I will be 8 weeks on Tuesday, you will be 6 weeks? So by Christmas you will be feeling a big bump better!
Kudos to you and our other Bonesmartie friends who have done some Christmas baking!!!
 
but my legs have decided they want to run all the time when I can't even walk right yet. They constantly need me to shake/wiggle/move them or they do it on their own and let me tell you that hurts. It's like I have restless leg syndrome all of a sudden.

Shelly, I had the same thing with my legs when I was about 1+ months. Mine went crazy when I would lay down and try to rest or sitting in the recliner, it felt like my legs wanted to take off without me! Very weird feeling!

I hope your pain level is better today and your tummy has settled down!
 
Much better today, thanks!
I even did well at PT. We have come to the agreement that I do better with the less aggressive approach and letting me push myself to my limit versus them doing it. I tense up and tighten things making it worse because I am afraid of them hurting me by pushing too hard. They started this new thing where I sit on the table that goes up and down and i put my foot on a little step stool and I push the button to make my leg go up and down as far as I can take it so that it bends it for me, kind of like a CPM machine. They are also doing a lot of traction based stretching so it is them doing the stretching versus me using the muscles trying to push it harder. It has made a world of difference for my pain level after PT and at night. It's great!
Time to go make more cookies!
 
Tonight we made gingerbread men and fudge. YUM! Wednesday we will finish and make peanut butter cookies with kisses. Those are my favorite! So far we also made sugar cookies (Frosted), chocolate chip cookies, coconut macaroons and rice crispy treats with chocolate drizzle. Photos to follow soon.
 
Here is a sample of our cookies we have made this year, so far. Wednesday will be the last day. Oh, and I made fudge today too but did not take a photo of that yet. The last pic is a sample of the gift that we will be giving out.
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34

[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
[Bonesmart.org] New knee 30th October 2012 - Age 34
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom