New here and terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry Butterfly that you had the PT issue.. Gosh that seems to be quite common.. I am sure they get us at our most vulnerable time..

Relax with those soothing C.D's... I find mine excellent, except I never hear the end, it is better than any sleeping med! Take care x
 
Hi Butterfly,
Yes that is me on the avatar lol.

Yes saw surgeon, he said its bad and if I don't get it done I won't be able to walk. Not that I can now !!!

So I am on the list but no date as yet. A while ago I called his secretary and at that time she said his list is four weeks long!!! ( scary)

I don't know how I feel about it. A part of me can't wait to be rid f the pain. Another part of me feels like I am the same age as my avatar!!
That child in me is frightened to death.!!!
I'm doing loads of positive thinking, my youngest daughter is trying for a baby so I imagine myself being able to push the pram.
Things like that. I saw the trees starting to go brown and thought maybe when the leaves are off I can walk in the woods.
I miss walking on the beach so that's another dream. I live right by the sea, I can see the beach from my bed.

It's easy to say you shouldn't have let miss Gestapo upset you, but you can't help it. Some people don't have a shred of human kindness in them.
If you see her again just give her a hitler salute !!!! Lol.

My mum is doing well at the moment thank goodness. Better than me. I'm still in the bed with this darn awful migraine.
Bad to be on this ipad really. I've turned down the brightness so much I can hardly see the touch pad lol.

Take care
Angie
 
You are going to be ok. Just remember while you are waiting and in recover you will in time be able to walk on the beach or just walking. It's so great. Remember to take care of yourself. You need to be first. I do know this can be hard at times but it must be. Take care. Tashia
 
ByGosh bottomshollow Poppet akphip Red Shoe

Thank you all for all the support and caring you've shown me with my pain issues. My GPs office just called me back and he is writing me a different pain prescription to try. The nurse said it was stronger and should help more. I have to go pick it up myself because it is a narcotic and that's a big struggle. Here comes that LOOOONG hall again that I was worried about with the blood tests I had to go for. Then I have to go to the drugstore and wait for it to be filled.

My DIL (God bless 'er) went and picked up a walker for me yesterday, and that feels much better than the two canes, which were getting to be way too much to manage and I felt kind of "tippy" and afraid I'd fall. She and my grandsons rigged up little ramps for me in the areas of my house where I have one or two steps.

I think I might have the walker adjusted wrong for me, though, because it is hurting my wrists a lot. Maybe it is too high? Any ideas?

I'll let everyone know how I do on this new med. It would be so nice to not have so much pain. I know it isn't going to go away until I get the replacement, but the first one is still 6 weeks away and I have to be able to take care of myself and feed my dogs until I get there. If this new one will just take the edge off so I don't feel like crying when I stand to fix food or feed the dogs, I will be VERY happy.

Peace and love to all.
 
Butterfly
I think perhaps your wrists are hurting because its a new movement for you.

When we moved o this house we left a bungalow and this house is big. My ankles were murder. Then I realised it was the stairs I was not used to them.

I do hope it helps you.
Your daughter in law is o kind to you. What a blessing she is.

Hope the new pain pills ease the pain a bit.

I have been thinking of getting one of those walkers. Not sure yet.

Peace to you as we'll
Angie
 
Poppet
Hi, I noticed I don't have those things on my posts.

Ticks and smilies ?

Or is it me being thick and they are not on there because I don't need to tick myself lol

Angie
 
Butterfly, it could be that you are placing too much weight on the walker.. I had one for the final two years prior to my THR but ended up leaning on my elbows on the handles mostly as I couldn't stand up straight.. But in the early days of using it, I didn't put too much pressure on it with my hands which hurt my wrists. If you walk too close to it that also outs pressure on your hands/ wrists.. It will help though because it will take your weight more evenly.. Do let me know how you are going with it :)
 
Dear Butterfly and cornishhedge

Gosh, what a pair you two are!

You both come over in your posts as full of wit, and verve, and enthusiasm for life. That is, apart from the odd few times when you are full of Anxiety, Panic Attacks, and General Gloopy Gloom.

I was going to say something which I thought was very profound and clever of me... but then I notice Butterfly has said that many people have had my exact same profound, clever thought. (Shucks, what made me think I'd be the clever one?!) Anyway, it's just this... I honestly believe that in the days, possibly weeks, leading up to your surgeries, a quiet sense of Calm will come over you both.

You've made the biggest step when you said to your surgeons, "Take me, I'm yours." The surgeries are now, if not a fait accompli, then at least a fait very much past the drawing board stage. Hang loose, go with the flow, keep on truckin' - stuff like that.

I am not praying for either of you, and as I am sure there is no one listening. I think the God in the Bible is a nasty piece of work, and the last thing I would do is worship him. (Maybe he'll remind me of this when I am at the pearly gates and he directs me to the elevator, with the controls set at Down.)

But I do believe there is some kind of life force in the Universe which somehow permeates our consciousness. And I can tell by the way both of you express yourselves that you are more than amply permeated!

Relax! Enjoy!

Glynis
 
Hi glynis,,thanks for your reply,

I see you live in UK. Nice to know.

Well I did sort of chuckle under my breath at your words.

The only person I have ever said take me I'm yours to is my husband ha ha ha .
Only ever had one lover and its my hubby. Lol.

Glynis I'm not so sure about a quiet calm. Do you really think so? It's never happened to me with anything before !!!

I shall look forward to this quiet calm......... Still waiting lol.
I have suffered all my life with this anxiety rubbish. Sooooo annoying.

I think my hubby needs to talk to you lol
Relax indeedy wish I could. He is petrified of what I am going to be like. Poor thing.he said he wishes he could have it done for me.

Very brave of you to mention your beliefs !!!! I never mention mine cos some people can get very uppity about religion .
However I'm similar to you. Maybe I will get turned away at the gates as well !!!! Your remark on that made me chuckle as well.

Hubby is outside painting,he wants everything done before I get done.! He is going o decorate my bedroom while I'm in hospital . I told him to get on with it now. Don't trust me ! I might back out and the paper will go mildew !!!!!

Thanks for your kind words Glynis
 
Hi Butterfly

I saw on another thread that you are fascinated by kangaroos. We went on a whistle-stop tour of Australia a few years ago with a group of people, and all any of us could talk about was seeing kangaroos.

Magically, on the first day, my husband Graham and I saw one. Not only that, but it was a female with a baby Joey in her pouch. We were thrilled.

No one else saw one that day, and we were pretty much persona non grata till we all eventually saw a group of them, in the town of Alice Springs, which was one of our favourite areas of the trip.

Our guide told us that the ones we saw were all of a particular type called Euros, or Wallaroos. They stand just over a metre tall. We did see some of the larger Big Reds, but that was in a country park. It was a good park, where the animals had quite a bit of freedom to roam, but realistically they were in captivity, which I don't like.

My mother corresponded with a friend in Australia for many years, and one day this lady wrote to say there had been a storm overnight, and she had woken to find "three large 'roos sheltering in the backyard". That would have been such a delight for me!
 
Hi Butterfly.....sorry you are in so much pain...not long to go now

Talking of kangaroo's you can see them everywhere out of the cities...for example we used to have a caravan in a coastal area and we could walk out outside and see them in groups or even right outside our door...pretty scary when 1 of them was 6 foot and build like a muscle builder!!!!
 
Vetgirl
glynis

How interesting about the kangaroos! I don't know why they suddenly fascinate me, but they do. I just can't imagine coming face to face with a kangaroo. Probably because you never see them here except in zoos. I didn't even know there were big ones and little ones. i read on the net that they can go REALLY fast when they are hopping for fairly short distances.

Do they seem threatening? Or do they just kind of stand around like cows and basically ignore you? Do they make a sound -- I mean like cows go moo?
 
Butterfly and glynis Yes the big ones are scary...so muscly etc....but if you walk past they usually leave you alone

At some reserves where there are alot of campers you can even feed them....they have become tame because of the. Food they get
 
Butterfly, Vetgirl and glynis, I am an Aussie, have seen the big ones in zoos on the mainland. We can get pretty overrun with them. We actually eat them, make them into burgers with veges, very low fat. The large male ones can be dangerous. I hear them thumping around on my lawn of a night, they come for the fresh grass. :SUNsmile:
 
Although I agree I could never eat them
 
Butterfly just checking in on you to see how you are fairing. You are definitely in countdown stage now. Less than a month...let me know if there is anything I can do to help...feel free to call if you want. Can't have my fellow burquean feeling blue and unsupported! Enjoy the beginning of fall and the hatch chili aroma all over town.
 
nmscienceteacher Hi! How are you doing? Last I heard you were having a hard time with back to school pain and problems. Are you feeling better? Are kids driving you nuts yet?

I'm still having a lot of pain (no surprise there!) and up and down anxiety about life in general. I've sent off for some of those relaxing CDs people are talking about,and the Belleruth Naperstek one seems to help me settle down. I have a bad habit of borrowing trouble (like "Oh God -- what if t hey do my chest X-ray and find out I have lung cancer and I am dying" type stuff) anad worrying about it a lot. Trying to keep those thoughts at bay and keep a positive image of recovery, etc. The whole waiting time is just so difficult, with the lack of mobility and pain. I have all this time on my hands and can't do anything with it. I'd feel much better if I could clean out a closet or go shopping or something. Been feeling kind of depressed, but I guess that is normal in the circumstances.

I'll probably call to chat as time grows closer and get into a serious funk about all this. I have my pre-op physical stuff next week, and then a final appointment on the 17th.

Thank you SO much for thinking of me. It really helps!
 
Butterfly hello lovely, I promise you the pre op stage is far worse than the operation itself. Try and clear your head now and pamper yourself. Can you buy yourself some nice perfume or body cream for afterwards? I'm six days after my op and the joy of smelling fresh after I've come out of hospital is fab. Also, start eating fruit by the truck load, you will need those bowels to be working well :kittykiss:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom