Guest viewing is limited

New here and terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiiiii Butterfly, we all anxiously await your post. I trust you're resting. :sleep:

danceragainsoon, our fingers will soon be used to enhance our body's movements my friend... :yes: Just keep saying to yourself, "one year from now!" :egypdance: Talk about she's a MANIAC! :happydance::happydance:Think I'm gonna go post that on you page and tag MYSELF! :ok:
 
Hello Butterfly Sending you lots of good wishes that all is well and you're recovering as expected. We're all sitting around the GoshPorch thinking of you. Whenever you're able, send us a little note. We miss you and hope you're doing well. Take care, hon. ByGosh
 
ByGosh and all the inhabitants of the Gosh Porch

I am doing OK! I'm having a good bit of pain but I guess that is to be expected the first few days especially after all that has happened to my hip this week. I am also ITCHING TO DEATH -- I believe it is the percocet. Pharmacist said a lot of people get it and there are two options-- quit taking the percocet or take a benadryl with it. Let's weigh those options -- screaming in pain, or itching a lot.. . . I think I'll take the itching and the benadryl. I called the OS office about it, but they never called me back.

Say hello to all for me; I very tired now and am going to crash.

Sure wish I could remember how to type!

Peace and love to all.
 
Hello Butterfly I'm so glad to hear from you! I'm also glad to know you're fine, even though you're itching so much. You're right - it is probably from the Percocet. But they can change your pain medication to something different, and I hope by now that's resolved for you. There's no reason to be in pain, dear Butterfly , and no reason to have a roaring itch, either. So be sure they help you with that, and call the OS again if you need to, so you can have some relief.
Rest as much as you can so your body can heal and eat lots of good food! Drink your liquids and walk to the bathroom every hour or so to keep that blood circulating, OK?
Keep us posted on how everything is going for you. I'm sending all my good wishes and healing to you. I'm so happy for you that it's over and now you can look toward a better future. Take care, hon. :friends:The GoshPorch is rooting for you!
 
ByGosh I'm doing much better. It wasn't the percocet making me itso so bad, it was the stickum on the big bandage on my butt! Took off the bandage (as instructed) last Monday and the itching disappeared.

I went in today and got my staples removed and for a post op checkup and OS says I am doing great. We talked about the next hip on November 4 and that's a go. I just have to do some pre-op stuff (Ihate that stuff, for some reason it scares me).

Doing much better, with MUCH reduced pain. Doc says the second hip will be a bit harder since there is more damage and I may have some limited weight bearing for a while, but he expects it to do just fine, too. He says he thinks he can even up my leg length, or pretty close, in the next surgery. Funny that the worst hip caused me FAR less pain than the not-so-bad hip. Glad I got the most painful one done first, as I can already see a huge difference. I am stuck with this walker for the foreseeable future till the next hip is done and well on the mend, but I can deal with that since every step doesn't make me want to scream anymore. And I don't wake up my dogs moaning in my sleep any more.

I hope you are still doing better. When is your husband's surgery again? And I hope your daughter is all better and enjoying college. Keep my place on the GoshPorch warm and I'll be back soon with lots of goodies for all. Please ask all the Porchers to keep on rooting and praying for me!

Peace and love to you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom