TKR Never Ending Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear you are back in the hospital, glad they caught this early.
Wishing you all the best for your upcoming surgery, hope you get to go home soon.
 
@Old Texan, you sure are having a rough time with this knee. I hope tomorrow goes well and you are able to go home again soon. I'm glad the pain has decreased. I will be thinking about you. Take care
 
Another surgery today, just to clean wound. Didn't close incision today, so will need at least one more surgery. No pain, really. Will ask for antidepressant when I see doc tomorrow. Just so tired of being in hospital, having surgery after surgery. I do appreciate that my doctor is not going to remove my hardware again; he is going to clean it out and work with infectious diseases to get the right antibiotics until infection is under control. But still.....
 
Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. You have been through the wringer.
Thinking of you,
 
Hugs and prayers to you! You have been thru so much. I am glad your doctors sound very on top of things! I am sitting in hospital waiting for my pre op and getting nervous! I think I will ask my GP for some Valium to take before surgery! I need it today. I always fear the worse and think they will find something horribly wrong with me. Can't wait till this is over!!
 
@Jozilla
Thank you for the encouragement. Don't worry, you will get a happy cocktail IV just before you go into surgery. Good luck today!
 
Yeah done with pre op. I just spoke with anesthesiologist and will be having a spinal again. I am good with that as long as I am out if it! I sure hope things get better for you!
 
Just spoke to OS and spoke to Plastic surgeon earlier. I probably won't have another surgery this week. OS said that my knee is cemented in and would be difficult to remove. He is going to do everything he can to get rid of infection. I am on an extra IV antibiotic. The plastic surgeon will remove the packing from a new area of infection that they found during surgery yesterday. OS's PA did order antidepressant this morning, and I have had my first dose.
I am not in a lot of pain. But I have a drain and a wound vac. I have only been home 10 days in the past 3 months. I have had to take money out of retirement to pay bills. My daughter and son in law came down today to take my cat back to their house. And at the end of all this, I could still have to have the hardware removed anyway. I am not someone who is normally sick. This is frustrating!
@Jozilla I found your thread and it looks like your pre op went well. Hope your surgery goes smoothly and as planned. Take a deep breath and relax!
 
@Old Texan I sure hope you get feeling better real soon like now, I hope the hospital food is good. It has got to get better thankful you are not in pain
 
So sorry to hear what you are going through. My prayers for a full recovery
 
Thank you Old Texan. We are here to cheer or cry with you. Whatever you need. I hope this round of antibiotics kicks that infection to the moon. I figure that is a safe place to name! (Hugs)
 
Thank you all for your good vibes. The hospital food is actually OK. We can order from a menu anytime between 7a and 7p. It is prepared by a company owned by Marriott. I don't have an appetite, and am often nauseous. But I can get a medicine to help with that.
 
Just catching up on your thread, I have been having so much trouble getting on the Bonesmart site. Sorry to read that you haven't been so good and the plastic surgeon can't close the wound yet. This is a long hard road to be on, hopefully it will get easier soon. I feel for you. Remember we are always here for you whenever you need our support or need a rant. Take care and keep posting we care.
 
I may be going home tomorrow, until they schedule my next surgery. Waiting to make sure that home health can change wound vac dressing. I looked at open area when they changed it today, and wished I hadn't. It does look clean, though. OS was here to look at it, too, and was pleased. I have to have the plastic surgeon do a skin graft to close it. So, they are trying to get me home to await surgery instead of hanging out in the hospital. My pain is still well controlled. My cultures are all still negative, but that still could be the antibiotics. So, we''ll see.
 
:console2:Sending healing wishes.
 
Hope all goes well and you can rest at home till your next surgery. (((Hugs)))
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom