TKR Never Ending Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw Infectious Disease doc and OS yesterday and will again on Monday. There was another place on incision line that had drainage. Infectious Disease folks not too worried about new place, even though some drainage is prurient. No one was worried about draining above knee, because it is still clear. No swelling or redness. Had CT scan today. Not in hospital! Told to change and clean dressings and continue current meds. Also to be still with leg elevated. Will know more Monday.
 
@Jozilla
Can't find your thread again! How are you doing? How did surgery go Monday? Last post I saw had you in pre op at hospital. Hope all went and is going well!
 
Hi @Old Texan - I do not understand why I don't get alerts when people I follow post. Anyway, I do hope you get better soon. How frustrating for you! Sending you healing vibes and hope to hear positive updates soon!
 
I am doing well now that I am home! Hospital stay was not nearly as good as first tkr as they have had many budget cuts. The surgery went well I had to be there at ten and I did not go into OR until two. I survived the week but so happy to be home. My pain is well controlled but of course it was an issue. My OS's PA told me at my pre op visit I would be on celebrex and Tylenol afterwards. I didn't sleep for three days before surgery. As soon as I could I talked to my surgeon about why was he not using narcotics for post op care as we were getting them in the hospital. That I didn't think I could recover properly with celebrex. He was horrified and had no idea she had done this to me. He said he would never use just celebrex for pain management and that was totally against his policy. Unfortunately I can hardly wait for my staple removal and two week check up with her.

The funny or not so funny occurrence in the hospital was with the women in the room next to me. She was about 75 and thought she was in intense labor for two days.

I am so glad this week is in the past! I actually have to say I had forgotten how painful and shocking this surgery is. The good news is you hope each day brings you one step closer to recovery.

My thread title is Jozilla - Part 2 LtKR 9/8/14. Glad things seem to be improving for you. I will keep you in my prayers that all goes well on Monday. Let us know how you make out!

Xoxoxo
JoAnne
 
@Old Texan

Thinking of you today and hope that the infections are being dealt with by all the antibiotics that you are on.

Cathie
 
Old Texan, I've read your posts and I'm so sorry you have had to go through all of this. I will check your thread for any updates.

I hope you find things that help pass the time. I'm looking forward to you getting to the other side of this, and begin to heal for real.
 
Old Texan, how are you doing? I've been thinking about you.
You've had one of the most challenging recoveries I've read about.
All my best.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom