TKR Never Ending Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Old Texan sorry they have found this new bug, but on the plus side once they have identified it and get the right antibiotic you may at last be on the final road to recovery. Let's hope so, I'll keep my toes and fingers crossed. You certainly have been through the wringer with this knee.
 
Going home tomorrow. I realize that I am not having pain, evev when I am up and around. I wonder if the 6 days in bed didn't give me the best therapy after all. Maybe the folks across the pond are right not to push PT right away!
 
Home!
Left hospital later than I expected yesterday; I got rude when I found out the delay wad because the nurses were waiting to see if my HOME DELIVERY IV ANTIBIOTIC PHARMACY wanted to deliver to the hospital. (Glad I was rude, they didn't make it to my house till after 6pm last night). Very happy to be home. Chore each day; today's was to vacuum. A bit of a task with the walker, but did good superficial job. Don't lecture me about joining ODIC; my apartment is very small and I took an hour break between the two major areas. Plan to mop tomorrow. Very little pain, mostly from blasted JP drain out of position and pulling. So far, so good. Fingers crossed!
:-)
 
@Old Texan

Congratulations on being back home !

It is a wonderful feeling to be back & doing things at your own time schedule.
In between your chores, do take the time to :chillpill: and :ice: during the day and again at night.

You've been through so much with infections, wishing you warm thoughts during your recovery.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Doing OK still. Actually got out and drove to fast food drive through. Hoping to go to get hair cut Sunday morning. Still doing one chore a day. (Small chores). Practiceing with cane --around my bed, so if I fall, I''ll fall on the bed. Need to work on extension so I can transition from walker to cane without risk of my knee buckling. Trying to get rid of all the boxes of PICC Line and wound vac supplies. Gathering trash--so much for just me in four days! Chores for this weekend are dusting and spot vacuuming/mopping. Daughter comes tomorrow and helps with laundry and shopping. Watching football and waiting for grocery delivery. Hope everyone has a good night and a better tomorrow!
 
@Old Texan

Good Morning,

Mind yourself and pace your chores around a few rest break.
Great that your daughter will be over to help with laundry and shopping.

Enjoy your weekend !
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
You are sounding great! I am also a football lover - college and pro's. At least there will be lots of TV I can watch this time between sports and new shows starting. I have to say I am a fan of Johnny Football. So many good games in college every week! Enjoy your daughter's visit and take advantage of her help! Xoxoxo
 
@Old Texan popping in to say hi and that I am thinking of you. I am amazed at all the things you are doing and it sounds as though you are taking it slowly too. yea you! Continue to take lots of breaks.

~~hopefaith
 
That's perfect, imho--one "event" a day. Healing wishes going your way.
 
Well. I am doing better and feeling well. Saw plastic surgeon and OS Tuesday. Congrats to myself for not being sent straight to hospital. But there was some redness and heat that they didn't like. And, of course, yesterday I started draining clear fluid from an old JP drain site. I am on 4 different antibiotics, one IV. I have had culture after culture. Samples have been sent to Mayo clinic and they recommended the last two antibiotics. I see the infectious disease clinic Monday. I don't want any more surgery. I need to go back to work. I want to give the super duper antibiotics a chance to work. I am afraid that my OS will want to take the hardware out again. I am frustrated!! Arrrgggghhh! OK. I have whined enough. I will fight any new hospitalizations or surgery.
 
@Old Texan So so so sorry to hear there may still be lingering infection concerns for you. How long have you been on the Mayo recommended antibiotics? You've been through far too much. It is your time to heal and be well. Prayers for you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom