THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done @Legin, the cramp was a warning about the dreaded ODIC. Don't push it. Let this come slowly and naturally. You haven't done half the stuff you were doing before you got in here and listened. This is your reward for allowing your body to heal at it's own pace x

Ty @Nana moon 27 im really releaved I was starting to think it might be permanent I can look at the hill with hope again. Moi push it nooooooo polishes his crampons x

Legin THR Sep 14

Seriously @Legin this has happened through not pushing it. Trouble is we still see ourselves as young, nothing wrong with that but physiologically we have to face the fact that our bodies have had over half a century of use. At this age we take longer to heal because our cells do not renew like they did in our twenties and thirties x

I am absolutely pleased beyond pleased for you. All I ask now as your friend, is please keep all this good stuff you've learnt on here and don't push it and overdo it. You could lose it very easily if you overdo it. Just a couple a day for a while. When's your next PT appointment? this is a major breakthrough for you x

Love Nana moon 27 x

If I were your wife, I'd get those crampons hooked into a wall with some chains to hold you down to stop you overdoing it! X

Dont give her ideas. PT next week and full MOT next week errr no week after. Im just happy will be able to get out more cant stay in much more arrrrrrgh going mad mad I tell you x

Legin THR Sep 14

Don't worry. You'll have to go for a gentle walk with the dogs to clear your head. Just think, if you can be good with your recovery now, this will become achievable for you x

Aye I know being silly

Legin THR Sep 14

Morning all sleep 0 insomnia 10. But hey can still do heel raises tried to do it standing, ah well. Muscle needs rebuilding methinks and that's not easy for me, thinking that is. Tooodles

Legin THR Sep 14

Sorry I missed your post yesterday. That's such great news about the leg raises. See what happens if you rest it x

Oh rest oh errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - hides tap dancing shoes

Legin THR Sep 14

Missed the last train to sleepsville last night, never mind can always watch the sun rise over the loch

Legin THR Sep 14

I slept a few hours at a time but after no sleep for 50 hours well I am awake now so what trouble can I cause.
Ogre thought for the day. I was listenimg to the new Rumer cd other day and one somg thanks a friend for being around. I then thought how often if we really thought do we appreciate those who are there for us. Or im my case put up with me

Legin THR Sep 14

Been to drs had pain meds sorted and told off for doing a bad imitation of a ballet dancer with hobnail boots on and did the splits ooooo matron. Pulled a muscle in groin.

Thought for the day.
As many thoughts im my life I was listening to a new cd, Lost Domaine by Tim Wheeler (frontman of Ash).
The whole album is breath taking as he has explored the all the events and feelings of his dads dementia. In the track, hospital he looks at how he couldnt cope with the diff in his dad, at end he accepts and learns to love his dad again.
often people we love change through no fault of their own esp im illness or major surgery like us. The thing is if we try to hold onto our visiom of loved ones from the past it makes it very difficult to accept them as they are now. This affects us and the relative.
Sooooooo each new day is a blank canvas for us to look at, look at it with open eyes not with pre conceived eyes

Legin THR Sep 14

Another night of little sleep. Went to dr yesterday discussed PRM. Main thing now is Neurophysiology assessment which is this Sunday. I know no answers will be forthcoming asnin cure but just want to know what is going on. On way to drs I went to stop (walking) at kerb side but continued leanimg forward as foot isnt/cant push back. 1 wee problem was the bus coming almost an ooooooooopsie
#CRPS

Legin THR Sep 14

Thought for the day. We miss and lose sight ofmthe joy of so many simple things in life. I have amazing vistas all aoound me yet sometimes take it soooooo for granted.
Linking song Can you stand on one leg by The Divine Comedy. Also apt one leg bit.

Legin THR Sep 14

Are you ok? How are you feeling today? How's that muscle in your groin? (That sounded totally pervy sorry my pal) x

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if I had asked a lady about her groin I wld be eunuchified chortle im ok need fresh air tho

Legin THR Sep 14

Went to hospital for neurophysiology tests on foot. I had electric shocks and then needles stuck in muscles. End result is confirmed nerve damage with 60% chance of full recovery. A set back to getting up that hillnof kine but I will get there, miss the wonderfull views and need my thinking rock to sit on.
#CRPS
Legin THR Sep 14

You're going to have to take it easy now @Legin and really listen to your body xxxxxxx I'm going to try and nap. I want to be able to think clearly and have some nice chats with you xxx love Ann xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018