Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ty its how I have always been thru my life and working life working with young people was often a snag blitzkrieg

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin Nigel you sound like a wiz in the kitchen... and generally around the house - good on you!! Sad about your continued battle with demon pain but glad to hear that you are working thru options to control it.

Love the idea of you perched on the bar stool.... man after my own heart - thinking of you across the waters - Maggie x
 
Don't forget the tunes on helps I was singing along to Ruben He in his live CD, jazz beat produces interesting chopped shaped vegies.
But its about being in a situation with as little pain as I can imagine, with distraction.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin laughing to you cooking and rocking out music. Four year old grandson and I were watching a Michael Jackson video yesterday. Broke out the moon walk. Lol
 
Tizz best way. When sun is out I have been known to take music player and ironing outside, boogie iron and get some vit D

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hiya, I'm not on here very often these days, but I just wanted to say hello. You sound so positive, despite the pain, well done you! I hope you will be able to get out and about in the warmer weather, xxx Lyn
 
The day became brighter by your presence. ty for the kind words. To tell truth I was down a while back, strange ever since I was diagnosed I felt better. Suppose its because I have the name of the beast that up to then I was losing the battle against. But now I have its name I know what it does and I can pre empt it to a point. The mark of N has been gouged on it's chest. I know should be Z but as I have said it blew over in that storm when I lost ma hair. Ty Lyn door is always open lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Legin I am stealing "snag blitzkrieg" if you don't mind-- wow does it describe my home for the last 25 years!!
Does standing for lengths of time affect the swelling? What if you had some sort of rolling knee-stool contraption that you could kneel the bad leg on and wheel it around?
I am sorry the swelling and zaps came back. This is a complicated journey, and I'll bet that no two people react to various treatments in the same way, so nothing is "cause=effect" ever! Arrgghh! Can you squeak like a guinea pig?
If nothing else, you are contributing to a body of knowledge, especially as you seem to be paying close attention and taking good notes! :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Hi Legin,
I enjoy your posts and your wicked sense of humour. Sorry to hear that you have #CRPS. I have the beast as well. I am seeing a pain doc and getting lumbar blocks which I dread.
Anyhoo, I wish you all the best and hope you tame the beast!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
#CRPS
Hiya Zaubs yes standing does increase swelling but if I sit too long I get the gaa gas syndrome. Like I posted in an earlier post its not only difficult to hand over tasks I would normally do but with the amount of tasks surrendered the.lower the self image is. Hence why I ponder on how to do things more. Hopefully the sun will be out and I can lie in the sun and weed the flower beds at the same time.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hello @Wrangler ty for popping into my chaotic thread. I'm sorry you also suffer the beast. Are you type 1 or 2? Have you had the calcitonin injections and or the day long infusion. I'm not sure about the nerve block for me as about 1/4 of my foot is still numb so my nerves are messed up big time. What people see as my error wicked sense of humour is to me reality I am as I am unfortunately. Well for others. I hope you keep in touch as its good to know we are not alone.

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Type 1. I'm not sure about the type of anesthetic that is used for my blocks. I have requested the doc's reports but I have not received them yet. I will update when I get more information.
And you being you is just perfect! You come across as a lovely, caring, positive and funny bloke. I hope you get your sunshine - happy weeding. :) #CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Wrangler so glad that you have tapped into this thread and linked up with @Legin - both of you are in my thoughts with your pains (and here's me winging about a bit of night nerve pain) I agree with your comment re Nigel - he is a funny insightful and very supportive guy - very good for the soul and the overall healing process
 
Oh err ty.
I'm type 2, they think it was trauma from what happened in the procedure. Just one of those things. I hope to get appointment for special PT soon. Could be interesting. Last PT lady did say once why me. It must be more frustrating being type 1 as with type 2 I can say it was that. Where about is yours focused. Sorry I'm v inquisitive (nosey)' Keep smiling.
Oooops @Wrangler

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It is concentrated in my right knee. On bad days it radiates down my leg. History wise, I dislocated my patella x3 when I was younger (16-22 years). I remember the second time I was put in a straight brace for six weeks. My leg wouldn't bend after the brace came off and the PT sat on my leg to make it bend. Ouch! I can still remember the room of horrors. Pain doc thinks this previous trauma may be linked to current condition. Who knows? I played sports until I couldn't anymore. I was pretty rough on my body. I miss my sports but I am determined to bike again. My pain doc said my mobility may be limited forever - that was a hard pill to swallow. But I decided that I'm going to fight it and never give in. :)

I am looking for new PT. I am hoping that I can find a PT that is experienced with #CRPS patients.

Feel free to be nosey. We're all in this together!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey so similar re the past that is. I'm amazed that every part of my body has had major trauma thru sport and yet only broken big toe. The PT specialises in #CRPS and other nerve related problems hence I am not using the local PT service. I will post how it goes. Good for you re trying to beat it. I fully intend to look at sports I can do. But not this.month as its my bogey month for injuries. Please use the #CRPS as it collates all my rambling and you can post in same space it makes life easier.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Nigel, I understand the self image thing-- you are a Do-er, and I don't think anyone or anything can take that away from you!
Did the sun shine? I'm imagining you nose to nose with the earthworms, whispering the weeds out of the flowers. The Weed Whisperer!!
Both you and @Wrangler ought to go back and edit that conversation up there to add the # for crps. That was verrrry informative!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Both you and @Wrangler ought to go back and edit that conversation up there to add the # for crps. That was verrrry informative!
I made the needed edits. @Wrangler, when discussing your CRPS if you would use the number sign (#) along with the word (CRPS) somewhere in the post, your comments will be be included in the hashtag we've created for this topic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom