Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
De-spinning tricks sound valuable, and thank goodness when you are cooking so often - but also try and leave your bagpipes in their cage for a more restful evening.

Hope your practice nurses were confident and skilled, and that you baffled them satisfactorily too.
:what: :eyebrows:
 
I'm sorry, I'm praying for you. I hope your pain gets under control and your infusions are successful. I got that darn osteo. Anyways I hate that your having so much trouble. Wish you would have more good than bad days: (hugs) keep your chin up: u can beet this.

FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I have osteoporosis as well. My endocrinologist wants the hip clear for 3 months before I start Prolia. I was not able to take the meds by mouth. The condition did not seem to concern the hip surgeon. He said many many women have this and do very well with replacements. Best of luck to you.
 
Aye most men do. I told hub. He is sick or has trouble just seeing if I really care. Na just kidding. But I do hope you get well soon.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Who better than a Nigel to train nurses?!?!?! How often will you do this infusion?
I think Prolia is what my aged m-i-l gets a very short infusion of twice a year. She has old brittle crumbly bones, but thankfully for her and us no CRPS.


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Its a one off. Side effect oh sheesh every joint aches and I'm so hot..... Chortle me hot.....
Got pain management program meeting tomorrow.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
every joint aches and I'm so hot..... Chortle me hot.....
we know you are hot @Legin, you tossed your blanket off onto little snuggly canine there!

Hope that side effects wear off quick - and good luck with your next meeting. Don't forget to tell them you're hot (in case they hadn't noticed)!
:friends:
 
Hugs to you and hope you are feeling somewhat better. You have been through a spectrum of issues and dealt with them with humor. We enjoy and learn from your posts. Glad your pups are keeping you company. My cat has been less bipolar and have not had to use the water gun on him lately. Pain management is tough...the more pain the less mobile and we can get just a tad bit mean. So I am sending all good thoughts, hugs, caring hands that can figure out something to make you feel better, and maybe a giant water gun soaker you can blast at whatever you want. Cheers!
 
@sunbunny I'm giggling! The minute you said "just a tad bit" I knew where you were from :teehee:
Yes, we need a super soaker for @Legin to cool off with!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
OMG I'm stuck at the bottom of a deep hole I dug for myself, strange how words have diff meanings.
#CRPS stuff. Had meeting with head honcho PT lady. She took me apart and put back.
First my sore leg is over 2cm longer so heel raiser given, gait straight away improved.
Given exercises to think on my foot and litterally draw it, this shows how I feel and the impact on me at diff times.
She literally showed me how I laugh my troubles off and hide them. Deffo ongoing work there

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Glad to hear you have part of the puzzle solved with the lift in your shoe. The lift will take a lot of stress off your hip and back.
 
Wow. She's very good. That raiser will make a world of difference, and the visualization exercises sound cool! I see you climbing out of your hole one day at a time!! :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
#CRPS
I did first drawing picture of my foot having first listened to a relaxation CD to clear the mind, so took 2 seconds. I drew a huge heel and second and third toes huge with fourth and fifth almost non existent. It confirmed to me that I have two problems to deal with the non existent numb toes and the huge over sensitive toes, heel and side of foot. In my view the numb non existent part of me makes me walk in such a way that isn't great for the CRPS areas in that we take all movement from the info given by senses because I don't feel those toes I don't place that area as mine. So I don't use it, hence why I constantly knock door frames, chairs etc. I do know after most times as sensitive area inevitably get knocked in some form, believe me I have said Beezer many times.
Ah well to all reading this sorry for going on. Oh and link to limb replacements never discount the brain and never worry about talking about it as the brain is our scared bit and information and support soothes the brain.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin

That's a very interesting way she got you to draw your foot. It was wise of you to clear your mind just a little first (poor Harrold).

That's very significant and uncomfortable pain and issues you are going through. I hope they manage to help you manage it and you get all the support that you need and deserve. I positively winced when I read about the sensitive toes etc hitting table legs and all. Yikes!!!' Xxxx

I'm hoping that you're having a good afternoon love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
@Legin exactly what @Nana moon 27 said!!
The concept of the brain "not claiming" the space occupied by the numb bits is fascinating. But I wish it didn't lead to so many beezers! Perhaps this drawing exercise is A start towards better space recognition, so you will train Harrold to cunningly avoid knocking the sore places on the doorframe or whatever. Keep a sharp eye out for open dishwasher doors-- I know that for me they strongly attract my shinbones! :lol:


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Hi @Legin,
I have not been online for a couple of days, so just catching up. What a lot has happened in two days and such a lot of interesting information you have shared. It feels that you are a jigsaw puzzle with pieces being understood and connected together again. You said "the brain is our scared bit and information and support soothes the brain." That makes so much sense not just in the CRPS sense but dealing with THR too. Watching hip op on youtube for some of us gave information that soothed the brain ( for others the opposite.)

Oh @Legin hope you get some sense of going forward soon x
 
Now with a name like Legin since when is forward my direction

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom