Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
So pleased to read you have seen the back of those injections Legin. It will be good to get your pain management plan in place. I find it always helps to have a plan with maybe milestones. x
 
Ty Poppet yup its how I have always managed recoveries from what seems now a host of injuries in the past.
I actually count myself lucky to have this group of professionals available to me from medical to physio and occupational and psychiatry, chortle the latter will have some job sorting me out. But yes I am also glad that today I get up not thinking 3hours and another injection.
Besides cooking for 10 doing eldests daughters birthday meal she has chosen Mexican, holy camole

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Legin Just checking up that you are behaving nicely! I bet you're not!
Good luck with the Mexican meal, have a lovely time and great news on finishing the injections :flwrysmile::yes!:
 
@Legin keep us posted on the physiatry, (which my phone thinks is spelled wrong but says it can find no replacements!!), which some of us have never heard of till we came here!
Happy Birthday daughter#1!!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Well I'm no Speedy Gonzalez right now but oh what a night. A brilliant family gathering. Foot errrrr its OK sore etc but I don't mind....

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Valis I so understand where you are my whole story is v similar if you look at #CRPS under Trending Topics, I think you will see it's so. I have been diagnosed with this condition and can't say if you have the same but it does sound similar. I have just finished a course of Calcitonin and the swelling has reduced a tad. Discolouration is no different and pain same ie standing ow, cold floor noooooooo, zaps of sudden nerve pain still there, with the silly thing of numb areas and some muscles dead. Keep in toutch

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's not nice at all, sorry others have to put up with this, but in some ways I am relieved that I am not the only one! We are not alone! :D
 
I hope you are doing well my friend. Cooking is fun. But can't do to much. As I tire easy.

I hope that the injections have really helped you. And the condition will be better managed for ya. Or pain management.

Did u have a nice visit other day?

Well I will be praying for you.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Legin
just popping in to say hello! Hope the Mexican plus daughters boyfriend went well. More importantly i hope your pain settles soon. Be in touch X
 
Pop in all you want my thread is v pop in oriented, mind you people do flee quickly tho. The meal was grand we sat at the table for 4 hrs plus, I so love big family meals. At one point I just sat watching all the banter going on, silly chap that I am got misty, sheeeeeeeesh.
Right back to #CRPS
Post Calcitonin injection program.
Pain levels still high if I bang, touch areas on my foot with increased sensitivity. But I can say that pain levels have reduced and more importantly the length in time of a pain outburst has reduced from an av of 5- 10 mins to a few mins.
Also I found in the preparation and cooking the feast that when done over a longer time spell it to be more manageable.
Swelling has reduced tho still increases with increased time and activity.
Discolouration, slight reduction tho my toes are still purple and my second toe which incidently is my biggest toe is still errr twisted as to if it will ever rectify itself I know not.
So I can only think there has been some worth to those icky side effect treatments.
This week is a quiet week but next week I have the day patient infusion and my fist pain management program meeting.
As I had to walk to the surgery every day I intend to do a daily walk as also the raised level of physical activity I'm sure is of benefit, indeed I hope to be seeing the specialised physical therapy instructor soon.

On a more Legin frame the poor lady who is my wifffff and I were discussing myself going for walks and she errrr strongly pushed for me to use a walking aid poss a hiking pole. I decided that I would but that I get a shepherds crook. Elaine just shook her head at the thought of the chaos I could inflict on all with one. IE hug come here now

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hah! Had to put 'agree' because of agreeing with She Who Should be Obeyed, the lady Elaine! A crook! I would say that could be almost as effective as taking a dog with you for attracting the ladies - curiosity value, lured close, reverse, swipe and pull her in! Photos please.

It is so good to hear you have had some positive results from the CRPS treatment @Legin - your descriptions are so vivid, it still makes me grimace to think of the level of pain you are still having to bear. I can only offer ARGHHHH, said loudly, but I am sure that you have tried that.

Hope the walks go well, crooking along, don't forget the pics ;)
 
oops back to thread. I find that in thinking how to post how I am feeling makes me think so much deeper about myself and how I am. I used to ask some of the young people to keep a diary of how they felt as a way of looking at self and if they agreed I could read it was a wonderful method of communication. What I have read is utterly heart breaking, but from those steps of recognition of self it was a superb method to go forward.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin Have you thought about Nordic Poles? Walking with them is very good whole body exercise and I find them a big help with balance. You do get kids shouting "Oi, where's your skis?" around here (North Kent Marshes - Medway kids are cheeky!) but waving a pole with a point on the end shuts them up! :heehee:
I'm not doing as much walking as I should because I now need a new knee, had injections which have helped but are really only putting things off for a bit.
Pace yourself, that's the secret!
Regards
Anne
 
Ty @Nannyannie yup we had thought about them its not unusual to see people using similar in the hills. I just like the idea of the Crook its similar length but idea of wood is more me, (taps wooden head). Oh re hugs, there is nought better even asked boss if hugging the boss is a disciplinary action.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom