Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of 5injections of calcetonin. Nurse, said oh BTW 1in 10 get side effects. Nausea, tick. Stiff neck, tick. Pain in joints, tick. On plus side pain levels down, that is till side effects wore off. 4 more to go
#CRPS
Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hey @Legin been trying follow thread. But some is all messed up.

Xxx Hope your doing well with injections. Good luck. I will be praying for you!!



FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Legin well..."pain in the neck"... ;)
Is the calcitonin something that you are supposed to build up a certain level of in your system?
So sorry the side effects and lessened pain sort of cancelled each other out this time!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Ty Zaubs, coppers, Nana and Holly. I'm not totally sure I checked up and even the studies aren't too conclusive. Some benefit is found in the hormone found in calcitonin can bring natural pain relief but also help to strengthen bones as bones can noticeably lose their tensile strength with this. Anyway I'm sure today will be sooooo much better. Another nice day luckily as the walk is tiring but I enjoy it nonetheless.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just be careful and take it easy my friend. Good luck today, I hope those nasty side effects lessen as each day goes by. I will look out for your posts. However, if you don't feel up to it leave it until you do XX

Overdone it yesterday. That's all I'm saying but oh every thing has a home and what doesn't is in a box. One job less before Friday xx

Take care love Nana moon 27 xx
 
I saw in my reading about the bone-strengthening properties of calcitonin and wondered if it's what my mother in law gets twice a year, can't remember its name.
Take care on that walk-- in addition to all the urgent crps garbage, your new hip wants babying too! :)
Not to mention the all of you!! :) :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Ty don't feel as bad as yesderday but v v tired. Things happening thick and fast I have appointments for pain management clinic and appointment for day admission to have pamidronate infusion. This is also a bone strengthener. Sheeesh considering just about every part of my body has been injured in the past, mainly sports I have only ever broken one bone ever, my toe. Now I have bone strengtheners. My head has hit many things in the past, good grief it will be diamond like now. Chortle sell myself on eebygumbay.

#CRPS

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Good luck on your apt today. Sending positive thoughts...
My mom takes proleia for her bones.



FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Glad the injection went better! Harold will not like relocating if your skull gets any thicker! Seriously though, between the strong bones and the pain clinic, you seem covered in hopeful possibilities! :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Thing is I never thought about my bones I have always had v tough bones Dr s have said where in have several chips the bones should have broken. So no more banging head of the wall in bad tinnitus occasions.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I just read a horror story on Schoonies thread about a poor old lady and her bone above the replacement knee she not long had done, snapping in hospital...worth a read xx
 
I read it the poor lady and the surgeon accusing her like that ......

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin
As @zauberflöte said there are hopeful possibilities! I would love everything to be better immediately/now but second best is having options that might work. Look after yourself and family! X
 
Thanks pals I guess I'm just beginning to think this may be a long haul
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom