Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel, I just got through reading this entire thread and noticed that over the years your leg has had a fair number of serious injuries culminating in the THR. Are you aware that this kind of history very often results in the development of #CRPS? Nothing that helps except to provide an answer to the interminable 'why?'
 
Oh the consultant indicated that this could come from any.trauma even.the.slightest and that its a brain.nerve thing.
True both legs have had injuries that equal to the worst career of any sportsman. Also my.bull.headed approach to returning to.sport against medical advice has contributed to my hips giving out.
The physical examination was carried out by two Drs it approached an hour in length. Inadequate eyes closed for most of time. It is rare and.I.was.told.there is.no.known.cause

Legin THR Sep 14
#CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
#CRPS
My daily injections are Calcitonin.and the day drip. is Pamidronate

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Chortle. Tut after I had one.of those head scans my dr says contrary to popular opinion you do have a brain. Sheeesh.
Ok. #CRPS slept really well I have stepped up to 20mg of nortypteline as per dr instructions and selpt better again.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
We always knew you had a brain - a brain in a million!
Great about the sleep such a small development but huge in going forward in the right direction.
They are certainly giving you a major medical assessment now and your team seems responsive to your needs.
You will get to that thinking stone yet!

Talking of little developments - my hip/leg suddenly felt much stronger in the week. I hadn't thought of it as weak, so it was a bonus. I want to get to Wales soon as I feel ready for the steep walk to my favourite place, the Beacon near Tonfanou!

A thought - this must have been exhausting for your wife too.
Wishing you both lots of sleep x

[Bonesmart.org] Nerve problems
 
Ty pal. I know I have said it before but I hope we all apreciate what our significant others go thru. My poor wife takes her well earned holiday days to take me to hospital. I turn my back and she is doing jobs I used to, but most of all when I'm trying to mask pain I catch her watching me and she too is hurting. This whole process demanding on so many.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
New pic is my old dog. She pulled top cover over herself. She is 13 or 14 ish, a rescue dog. But we her run and jump. Her eyesight isn't as good but she still bosses the youngun about.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
And I thought she was a new puppy!! I wish I had a dog to make me go out to walk every day. May be I should see if i could dog walk for an older person. Then i will have no excuse! Three months before op and for three months after I was really good re healthy diet and exercise but last few weeks I am letting it slip!
 
@Legin wheeeee boy do I know how wonderful even a small percent improvement in sleep is-- I am over the moon for you on that one!
Are you doing the Calcitonin yet? Who injects that? You/family? Sure hope you don't have to travel for that one!
Clever old pup, gotta love a smart dog :)
@copsham I know exactly what you mean about feeling stronger suddenly, when you hadn't even been aware of feeling weak. Isn't it great!?! And it will happen again and again! Yipeeeee! (Celebrating two years this very minute, waking up in recovery. )


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
#CRPS
Calcatonin starts Monday I offered to do it myself but noooo have to get it done at the surgery. Im sure the walk back will be fine.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
#CRPS
After going out the previous two days boy did I have cabin fever yesterday. Suddenly found myself sighing a lot.
So at 5pm I started to sort dogs food, they were getting liver and liver flavoured pasta with a wee sprinkling of dried food. In an atempt to raise mood I loaded Spotify and set Nat King Cole off. Had a major sing along belting tunes out conducting orchestra with my wooden spoon and had the odd saucepan lid put to good use. Even managed to sing right thru Miss Otis regrets.
My poor wife asked as I dished up supper, are you feeling better, megga hug was my answer to her. We all feel down at times diversion is a grand thing.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Aah @legging sounds wonderful and crazy all in one! - "poor wife" indeed! I wish we could see in to the future - or perhaps not. Dogs sound well fed. What is todays song?
I was reading about CRPS yesterday and I can see why it is referred to as complex - no simple little takes on CRPS and wow do you need a proper team around you. A steep learning curve - no simple answers. x
 
So you will get a walk in every day while the calcitonin injections are going on? Hope it is doable each and every day, and that the good citizens of Kinross can tolerate you singing!!
Could be more interesting-- back in 1978 I had to have 21 daily RABIES injections plus three boosters. My at-the-time fat-free tummy was a pin cushion!!! 37 years later I still howl at the full moon...


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Chortle is that what it was. Aye walk I don't like to put on people and it will be fine used to do it in 7 mins takes a tad longer now. But the walk will do me good. Promised that poor lady the wiffffff if I feel I'm struggling will take a stick

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Methinks you should take stick anyway cos of the long journey. Is there no one that could give you a lift? :horseriding: :hiking: I'm not sure whether you should be walking that kind of distance. Sorry just worried about your foot and hip. Would they not send a district nurse out to your house instead? That would make more sense in your case. It seems unacceptable for you to have to walk that distance with your issues xx
 
Naaa its quite a nice walk and the burn is always pleasant to listen to. But ty
 
@Legin Just called in to say hello and I see you have been busy visiting specialists and actually have a diagnosis. I'm really sorry to think that you have to deal with this but you do have a great attitude. I hope the new medication and pain regime helps you get some relief from the pain. Sending you warm wishes from a very chilly Yorkshire.
Thanks for all your support too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom