Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh @Legin it sounds horrible - a stub of the toes and a 6 hour flare up - an endurance test! I hope today is better Do you have to keep a diary for the Pain clinic? When do you start the salmon thing? I hope your day is better you must need some respite from it all. It is gloomy and rainy this morning down south it doesn't feel like May. Anyway I am off swimming now, so best wishes for the day ahead x
 
Hiya yes I do keep a pain diary its rather long. Yes its very draining but I know now more what I am dealing with and the limitations in my life style.
#CRPS

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Screen has gone blank

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin I admire your attitude my friend. I can't imagine living w constant intense pain. Hang in there. Maggie x
 
Nigel, did you read the article on #CRPS from the library? There's a quite detailed article I shamelessly copied from a medical journal about this condition, it's start and treatment.

One principal factor is that you work out what your triggers are. Simple statement but not so simple to do, I'm afraid.
 
I have read it and others. So far few hv mentioned the 5 day injection treatment I'm to undergo nor the day patient drip. Also my consultant for #CRPS will speak to consultant of hip replacement re condition and it not happening in other leg

Triggers are hitting foot and trauma. So I scratched psoriasis then showered and owee when water hit it
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Nigel, I read a very good article regarding the use of Magnesium drips for #CRPS conditions - has your consultant mentioned this by any chance? :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That could be the day long I, patient appointmemt. I have a drip for the day to be honest I hv forgotten what drip is. It was a fact filled appointment with them. Plus acceptance of condition

#CRPS
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am so far behind that I barely remember what I'm posting to! That toe stub flare up sounds,,,, exciting? No, horrible awful no-good is more like it. I am so sorry... You are going through so much.
How about we make a bubble wrap coverall for you-- good one two counts! One, hard to bash yourself if you are slightly bouncy, and two, you can't scratch inside it!
What if the psoriasis itself turned out to be a trigger? Is that something that has a special ointment for it?
Do me a favor and let me take over your annual May accidents! I already did this year's for you, it's a good start :)


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Hi @Legin it sounds such a horrible/difficult physical condition but what about the emotional side of things? You must need a lot of TLC at the moment. I would be so, so irritable if I were you and then hating myself for it. All the techniques and tools in the world to help you - must be exhausting. Reading your posts it is so noticeable that everyone feels so helpless but really want the very best for you. I wish we could all take away a little bit of your pain - don't be greedy, don't keep it to your self !!

Hope your wife is coping too, not an easy thing to see someone else putting on a brave face, in pain and can't help much .

i hope the conversation between the pain consultant and the hip surgery doctor is productive.

Thinking of you x
 
Oh my never in the world did I expect such a supportive set of posts thank you all. Not a bad night but still woke to that morning ow.hello when I got up but hey it's sunny. Are psoriasis I think it's fact that itch then scratch caused pain there as I caused a wound. I'm sure it's not the psoriasis as I have that on many part's of me. One way to stop me scratching it hey. Thanks again.

#CRPS

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Nigel, you have all this support because you are the most caring person always making sure everyone else is ok, in spite of yourself. You cheer people up and support them in an enabling way. That is so good!

My brother has psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Yesterday he had a joint flare up. He looked so washed out last night.

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
so glad that that the Smarties have rallied behind you @Legin - there are lots of avenues of support as I am sure you are aware. You have mine on all fronts - sending hugs ((((((Legin))))))
 
Hi @Poppet
Magnesium is a wonderful thing, hence i bought a load of epsom salts to put in the bath. I was going to suggest this to @Legin but as his skin is sore it might irritate it. Wouldn't it be wonderful if IV of magnesium was the answer!
 
Oh errr ty sheeeeesh can a post go red. Two things... today saw hip chap and he has spoken to CRPS chap. Hip on hold till see how treatment goes. Also got full report from CRPS meeting so @Poppet will answer your question prob tomorrow. Also seems my daily injections are new oooo OK guess what got to cook and yup sat on bar stool
Good tunes too ty all
#CRPS
 
There once was a hippie called Leg-x,
Who came down with C Reg'nal Pain X
The doctors were quick
To inject a new stick
Making Leg-x a true Guinea Pi-x

You have to say the "x". And yes, I know this one belongs in the limerick thread in the social room :)
I can see you on your bar stool holding forth-- and I'm glad they are making progress towards setting you right!!
Please tell wifff and family that we are thinking of them in this also, and that I think you could have no finer team around you at the dining table than them :) :)



My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom